• Views 4,517,122
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, if your sysNAND is on 11.0 and you don't have A9lh installed, your only option is to get a hardmod. On 11.0, OoTHax and Ninjhax can't downgrade as even if they had ARM11 access, there's a hardcoded minimum title version list that prevents the installation of old titles.

Well that blows.

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll just wait for an exploit if one ever comes. Kinda ticks me off. I'm can't figure out how my sysnand got updated.

Johnal Khow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I need help when playing Sims 3 on my region changed n3ds all the characters in game are just question marks. Every letter every word are just a bunch of question marks. my n3ds is running 11.0 firm with LUma3ds+a9lh

Zeonis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys... so are R4 flashcarts compatible with the latest firmware for 3DS (11.0.0.33)? I don't own a 3DS yet but I am planning to buy a New 3DS in the near future and wanted to get an R4 flashcart but obviously I don't want to buy one if it will not even work with the latest firmware.

TheAnt317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I know things are crazy around here in the post-11.0 update world. I've been sitting here contently with Oot3dhax on 10.7.32-U and ignoring all the 3DS messages to update my console. However, now when I try to play a game online I get Error Code 002-0119 saying in part: "In order to use this service, a system update is required."

Besides downgrading to 9.2, are there any other things I can do to bypass this and be able to play online?

Last edited by TheAnt317,

Aether Lion

GBATemp's Pet Lion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 11 luma3DS emunand + 9.2 Sysnand on a N3DS XL
I can update some games, not others, and cannot access the eShop. I don't know about playing online.
Any fix?
Thank you in advance.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I know things are crazy around here in the post-11.0 update world. I've been sitting here contently with Oot3dhax on 10.7.32-U and ignoring all the 3DS messages to update my console. However, now when I try to play a game online I get Error Code 002-0119 saying in part: "In order to use this service, a system update is required."

Besides downgrading to 9.2 and using Reinand, are there any other things I can do to bypass this and be able to play online?
downgrading is a permanent solution to it, but if you really don't want to do that: https://github.com/yellows8/ctr-httpwn

this can't be used with smash/MH4U/extended RAM games on Old3DS.

Reactions: TheAnt317

TheAnt317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
downgrading is a permanent solution to it, but if you really don't want to do that: https://github.com/yellows8/ctr-httpwn

this can't be used with smash/MH4U/extended RAM games on Old3DS.
I'll probably get around to downgrading at some point. I recently learned of PlaiSysUpdater and the overwhelming majority of people using it reported clean and easy success with it. Also yeah, I did forget to mention I'm on N3DS as well.

daddie05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am almost done guys/gals! However, I kinda figured I was going to get an error somewhere before completing the tutorial.
Section I: #20. Copy the 11.0.0 Homebrew Launcher Payload to the root of your SD card
is a bit confusing to me bc I couldn't find an 11.0.0 Homebrew launcher payload for the root of my SD card.

What file do I need to put in order to avoid the error that I am getting after Section VI. #12. When i try to launch the Hombrew Launcher from the main menu, I get an error towards the end.
61ad8c99e9d40ae693630f52eb6f3292.jpg

Dhaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have new 3ds reg usa with 9.90 firmware. I wanna downgrade to 9.20 and install Luma 3ds and CIAs.
My question is which part should i stop in plailect guide.
I dont want to install A9LH yet.
I never install any hax. all this time i'm using sky3ds blue button.
thanks guys.

daddie05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GreenWins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am almost done guys/gals! However, I kinda figured I was going to get an error somewhere before completing the tutorial.
Section I: #20. Copy the 11.0.0 Homebrew Launcher Payload to the root of your SD card
is a bit confusing to me bc I couldn't find an 11.0.0 Homebrew launcher payload for the root of my SD card.

What file do I need to put in order to avoid the error that I am getting after Section VI. #12. When i try to launch the Hombrew Launcher from the main menu, I get an error towards the end.
61ad8c99e9d40ae693630f52eb6f3292.jpg

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

The section where it says "What you need"
"The 11.0.0 Homebrew Launcher Payload for your region:"
Choose the file that is your 3ds and put that file into the root of your sd card.

Reactions: daddie05

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How would I make a music loop in a custom theme? Like, what tool would I use?
Most people just throw there bgm into an audio editor like Audacity and then make it loop from there, they then import it into their theme using YATA+ or Usagi Theme Editor. (I think that's how they do it, I ain't no custom theme expert)

Purple Mudkip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
My NANDS are linked.
1. Can i access the Eshop from the Emunand without any problem?
2. Can i safe upgrade my 3DS via SD without screwing anything?
(o3ds RxTools+Cboot+Themehax version 10.7 emu 9.20 sys)

daddie05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

duFunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, having some trouble figuring out SVDT. I am so far able to back up the saves of my retail carts, but not yet have I found a simple explanation of how to IMPORT them into the .cia installed game backups. The games in question are Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire, and Ocarina of Time. (I hope I am not breaking rules mentioning the titles, as I DO own these games physically).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey guys, having some trouble figuring out SVDT. I am so far able to back up the saves of my retail carts, but not yet have I found a simple explanation of how to IMPORT them into the .cia installed game backups. The games in question are Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire, and Ocarina of Time. (I hope I am not breaking rules mentioning the titles, as I DO own these games physically).
I am able to copy the save data from the cart, in FBI under SD:/svdt/TITLE/main and then I try to paste it in Titles/TITLE/browse save data but I get a "Failed to paste contents"-type error... puzzled.

duFunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OH NO!! HELP!! I am on Part 4, Section II of the arm9lhax tutorial on my friend's OLD3DS, and I just finished the part where you downgrade redNAND to 2.1. I left it to go, as is was looking fine and well on it's way but when I checked on it, it had the nintendo home screen "an error has occurred, Hold the power button to power off." I feel like it is possible that I forgot to boot into redNAND using Luma3DS, and accidentally downgraded sysNAND using PliaSysUpdater... Now I am getting a BLACK SCREEN at boot!! :( I tried with and without SD, and tried booting into MenuHax with the dpad down during boot. All resulting in Black Screen... Have I bricked my friend's device?? Any help much appreciated, you guys have been soo helpful with modding my NEW3DS, it is so much appreciated. Now I moved on to my friend's OLD3DS and I really hope I didn't brick it! :(
Thanks guys.

EDIT: I can't even get into Recovery Mode... I take it I have bricked sysNAND, and the only way to restore sysNAND from a backup (I DO have both the 10.7 and the 9.2 sysNAND backups saved) is with a HARDMOD correct? Or is there some way I can flash sysNAND without a hardmod? I don't think so.. At this point everything is met with a black screen... Pretty sure I have bricked my first console...

Last edited by duFunk,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OH NO!! HELP!! I am on Part 4, Section II of the arm9lhax tutorial on my friend's OLD3DS, and I just finished the part where you downgrade redNAND to 2.1. I left it to go, as is was looking fine and well on it's way but when I checked on it, it had the nintendo home screen "an error has occurred, Hold the power button to power off." I feel like it is possible that I forgot to boot into redNAND using Luma3DS, and accidentally downgraded sysNAND using PliaSysUpdater... Now I am getting a BLACK SCREEN at boot!! :( I tried with and without SD, and tried booting into MenuHax with the dpad down during boot. All resulting in Black Screen... Have I bricked my friend's device?? Any help much appreciated, you guys have been soo helpful with modding my NEW3DS, it is so much appreciated. Now I moved on to my friend's OLD3DS and I really hope I didn't brick it! :(
Thanks guys.

EDIT: I can't even get into Recovery Mode... I take it I have bricked sysNAND, and the only way to restore sysNAND from a backup (I DO have both the 10.7 and the 9.2 sysNAND backups saved) is with a HARDMOD correct? Or is there some way I can flash sysNAND without a hardmod? I don't think so.. At this point everything is met with a black screen... Pretty sure I have bricked my first console...
Sounds like a brick to me. Even if you could get into recovery mode, you would only be able to update to 11.0, which requires a hardmod to downgrade. Unfortunately, your only option is to get a hardmod if you want to recover from the brick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    but that's a long shot
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    I'm new! Hi!
    DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma: I'm new! Hi!