• Likes 43

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can my 3ds xl get bricked if I use a flash cart to play ds games only?

I'm on 7.1.0-16U. Which flash cart should I get? r4i gold 3ds or Dstwo? Which one has less risk of getting the 3DS bricked?
No, it can't be bricked with ds mode flashcards (theoretically, you can brick your DS mode, but that's very, very, very unlikely).
You should get a DSTWO.

Reactions: sandyp123
D

Deleted User

So, I've got a 3ds XL on 4.5-10 and I've got a gateway with 2.1 installed. I'm a little fuzzy on some details with emuNAND, because I'm not finding official documentation, so sorry if these questions are dumb...
First off, I haven't accepted the nintendo user agreement. I've been told that if I'm in emuNAND and I accept the agreement without having done so on the sysNAND, there's a chance of being booted to and updating my sysNAND. Is it safe for me to accept the user agreement on sysNAND? Will it make me set up wifi?
If I'm in emuNAND, can I just leave wifi on for streetpass, etc.?
The 3ds hacking FAQ says that you can use ROMs to play local multiplayer while on emuNAND, but wouldn't that require turning on wifi? Is that okay to do?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, I've got a 3ds XL on 4.5-10 and I've got a gateway with 2.1 installed. I'm a little fuzzy on some details with emuNAND, because I'm not finding official documentation, so sorry if these questions are dumb...
First off, I haven't accepted the nintendo user agreement. I've been told that if I'm in emuNAND and I accept the agreement without having done so on the sysNAND, there's a chance of being booted to and updating my sysNAND. Is it safe for me to accept the user agreement on sysNAND? Will it make me set up wifi?
If I'm in emuNAND, can I just leave wifi on for streetpass, etc.?
The 3ds hacking FAQ says that you can use ROMs to play local multiplayer while on emuNAND, but wouldn't that require turning on wifi? Is that okay to do?
Just make sure that there's a GW before your system version in the system settings when updating EmuNAND. Also make sure that you return to RealNAND after you exit the Settings. You have to delete the Wifi Settings after having updated EmuNAND at RealNAND.

D

Deleted User

One more question. How are saves managed? I heard you have to exit games by going to the home screen, closing the game with X, and waiting a few seconds. Is that still true? With multi-rom, does switching between games jeopardize your saves?

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can my 3ds xl get bricked if I use a flash cart to play ds games only?

I'm on 7.1.0-16U. Which flash cart should I get? r4i gold 3ds or Dstwo? Which one has less risk of getting the 3DS bricked?

DSTwo has never caused a brick and would be your best bet if you want DS games as well as emulation, any firmware will work and they update the card frequently.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just make sure that there's a GW before your system version in the system settings when updating EmuNAND. Also make sure that you return to RealNAND after you exit the Settings. You have to delete the Wifi Settings after having updated EmuNAND at RealNAND.

Hadn't thought of that - great tip, thanks! :) Does make me feel safer.

delvisr1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello
i have the gateway card and with pokemon x or y i lost my saves
can i update my 3ds (when i am on gatewaynand) to the new nitendo 3ds firmware???
and will this help ? there is a fix for it ???

please help ....gateway did`t resond to me

sorry for my bad english :shy:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
hello
i have the gateway card and with pokemon x or y i lost my saves
can i update my 3ds (when i am on gatewaynand) to the new nitendo 3ds firmware???
and will this help ? there is a fix for it ???

please help ....gateway did`t resond to me

sorry for my bad english :shy:
You can't use retail saves with gateway even if in 7.1 emunand,

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I'm new here so please bare with me. I have a SC-DSTWO and was wondering weather or not I have to invest in another flashcart to play backups of 3ds games. Only reason I'm asking is because my little brother chewed up the box for Super Mario 3D Land. I want to be able to keep my games safe and play backups from a flashcart. Thanks.

Reactions: pedrobarca

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool