• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

foxroxursoxs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, i did something wierd.
I have a 4.4.0 3ds console and a gateway flash card. I installed gateway fine and got games working and then i went and tried to update emuNAND. I however did not format it using gateway. When the system update finished, it said "error, reboot". I did and parts of version 7 were present (miiverse) but in system settings it still said version 4.4.0. I can not boot gateway back up and can not use blue card either.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
ok, i did something wierd.
I have a 4.4.0 3ds console and a gateway flash card. I installed gateway fine and got games working and then i went and tried to update emuNAND. I however did not format it using gateway. When the system update finished, it said "error, reboot". I did and parts of version 7 were present (miiverse) but in system settings it still said version 4.4.0. I can not boot gateway back up and can not use blue card either.
If EmuNAND fails just format your SD card and do it again.

Reactions: foxroxursoxs

Prothean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Welp I truly fucked myself this morning and I aint talking about masturbation. I was playing Fire Emblem, discovered I was using the USA rom with a EU console, couldn't use Spotpass so I got the EU version and tried again BUT ALAS it would not find my save!! Countless hours of dedication down the drain <: ( Can anyone help me fix this?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand anything on the backing up emunand thing. I looks like its involves soldering and connect wire to this and this. Looks risky. I want to transfer my downloaded things on my main 7.1 xl to my 4.5 xl _@

Cant say i've done anything with system transfers -- for the NAND backup, you can actually back up your NAND on a 4.x console using gateway's launcher (even if you don't have a gateway card), although restoring NAND does in fact require soldering to do......also not sure what your intentions are, but you can't push a NAND from one system to another.

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just learning how to use my r4i Gold 3DS... How do I make a NAND backup with it safely? I'm deathly afraid of screwing up and updating my real nand.

foxroxursoxs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If EmuNAND fails just format your SD card and do it again.
the problem is i dont think i was in gateway mode when i updated. I could play games and then went into settings and updated. I tried formatting sd and the 3ds itself but i canteven get into the gateway menu using L+DS Profile.

I was thinking that i could buy a game that is 4.5 and update (from 4.4). Will that refresh gateway and give me another shot?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
the problem is i dont think i was in gateway mode when i updated. I could play games and then went into settings and updated. I tried formatting sd and the 3ds itself but i canteven get into the gateway menu using L+DS Profile.

I was thinking that i could buy a game that is 4.5 and update (from 4.4). Will that refresh gateway and give me another shot?

If you restart the system and still see 7.x features (Miiverse, camera, ...) then it's likely your system is already on 7.1.
Try a DS game.

Reactions: foxroxursoxs

foxroxursoxs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you restart the system and still see 7.x features (Miiverse, camera, ...) then it's likely your system is already on 7.1.
Try a DS game.
useing a ds game to reset it didnt help, it still crashes. In system it still says 4.4 but all other changes suggest 7.1. also holding L before profile does nothing,doesnt even crash anymore yet i cannot access the store or miiverse, it says you have to update.

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
can anybody help me to choose a good reseller preferably those accepting PayPal?
or please state the resellers you trust the most..type :)

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a gateway recently and I am in the very beginning step where a guide would ask me to format my microSD card. When Im formatting it, what allocation unit size do I format it on? Its automatically put at 32kb. Should I just keep it there?

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need 2 microSD cards (one for blue and one for red)? Could I simply use one microsd card and switch them between blue and red?

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need 2 microSD cards (one for blue and one for red)? Could I simply use one microsd card and switch them between blue and red?
If you are just using GW for 3ds ROMs, (wont be running ds roms on your 3ds) run the exploit using the blue card, and then reformat the microsd card again for the red card and you're all done. If you have a large micro card, I suggest formatting it in exfat. (Just for the red card)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm short on sd cards at the moment so I use the same card in both, formatted fat32. Works fine. When I get a chance to get a spare, I'll try exfat for the red card.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I just got a 32GB SD card. but I'm using the original 2GB which came with the 3DS..
  • how can i transfer my emuNAND to the new SD card?
  • if i transfer my emuNAND will the emuNAND expand as i get my more games from the eshop?
  • the only thing i have in the emuNAND is super mario bros. deluxe ATM will i be able to download that if i create a new emuNAND?

BluDawg

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I got hold of a 3ds xl on 4.4 (UK/EU). I was wondering if the gateway region free/spoofing works and if it bricks the console. I don't have a flash card yet.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It works, you can play roms and cartridges from other regions. Some people have had trouble with Monster Hunter 4. No bricks reported from the latest Gateway version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte