• Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does cluster size make a difference?
Mine is set to 32KB. I'm not sure if cluster size makes a difference.

Yes, Launcher.dat is still on the SD card. I copied it again but it does not work anymore.
Is that a side effect of the installed DS profile exploit to launch rxTools? 'Reinstalling' the DS profile exploit to boot Gateway works. The Launcher.dat file is okay.

Maybe I should post this issue in the corresponding' [Beta] Spider DS Profile RopLoader (4.x only)' thread as well.
I don't think that the DS profile should affect the web exploit; I can still use the web exploit for Gateway and have the rxTools DS profile exploit set up. Which website are you using to launch the web exploit (i.e. go.gateway-3ds.com)?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to format an 64gb sdxc card to use with 3DS. Can anyone give me a link of good open source, light, no-installation require FAT32-formatting program?

Tuuubes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning to purchase a N3DS as my current O3DS is old and has issues such as a broken headjack and charging port, but I cant afford both a new one and Cubic Ninja/a flashcart to get into running backups and homebrew.

Is there currently any way to run homebrew apps (and potentially gain NAND backups and .cia installation) on a N3DS 9.2 or lower without the use of a flashcart or ninjhack? (Such as a homebrew launcher through the webinject method)

Alternatively, is there a method with or without Ninjhacks to gain these features off of downgrading a 9.8 O3DS?

From my current understanding off a bit of research the only real way to get access to Emunand+NAND backups is through a gateway, and to get .cia backup without emunand or a flashcart is through custom CFW's which still require Ninjhack and 9.2 or earlier, is this correct?

Is there not currently a way to downgrade using gateway's tool (without a gateway cart) on 9.2 or earlier and get emunand to run custom CFWs and still being able to play games online/with updates?

Thanks in advance.

Yaozi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am a complete new to all of this. So for getting started, where do I download Savedatafiler for 3DS? All links I can find by searching the web seem to be infected. Would love, if anyone could post a secure, uninfected link.

Thank you. Will make sure to get into this stuff asap.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was planning to purchase a N3DS as my current O3DS is old and has issues such as a broken headjack and charging port, but I cant afford both a new one and Cubic Ninja/a flashcart to get into running backups and homebrew.

Is there currently any way to run homebrew apps (and potentially gain NAND backups and .cia installation) on a N3DS 9.2 or lower without the use of a flashcart or ninjhack? (Such as a homebrew launcher through the webinject method)

Alternatively, is there a method with or without Ninjhacks to gain these features off of downgrading a 9.8 O3DS?

From my current understanding off a bit of research the only real way to get access to Emunand+NAND backups is through a gateway, and to get .cia backup without emunand or a flashcart is through custom CFW's which still require Ninjhack and 9.2 or earlier, is this correct?

Is there not currently a way to downgrade using gateway's tool (without a gateway cart) on 9.2 or earlier and get emunand to run custom CFWs and still being able to play games online/with updates?

Thanks in advance.
There is currently no way to run homebrew on an N3DS without either Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time and a Gateway. Sky3DS will also work for this purpose, since you can run Cubic Ninja from it.

If the O3DS is above 9.2 firmware, you cannot run homebrew without Cubic Ninja.

Gateway will allow you to make NAND backups and format emuNAND without the flashcart. You do still need one of the aforementioned games for the N3DS though. For the O3DS you do not require anything else as long as you have a DS flashcart or the web browser installed.

You cannot downgrade an N3DS with Gateway's launcher. You can downgrade an O3DS if it's on 9.2 or lower firmware. It is not necessary to downgrade an O3DS for CFW though, downgrading just allows you to use the MSET exploit (DS profile exploit) to launch CFW rather than the web browser.

I am a complete new to all of this. So for getting started, where do I download Savedatafiler for 3DS? All links I can find by searching the web seem to be infected. Would love, if anyone could post a secure, uninfected link.

Thank you. Will make sure to get into this stuff asap.
SaveDataFiler is copyrighted by Nintendo, so we can't post a link to it. There's "some iso site" out there that has it though.

Last edited by BobDoleOwndU,

Tuuubes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a homebrew app that can be ran on 03DS 9.8 with ninjhacks that can downgrade to 9.2 or 4.X to gain access to the other mods?
The N3DS still works with custom CFWs so ninjhacks and the emunand features can be used on N3DS that way, even if its not downgraded from 9.0/9.2 right?

Edit:
Are you saying for N3DS I could access the mods through gateway tools without a flashcart as long as i have OOT3D/CN? I have a copy of OOT3D already so that would be ideal for my budget.

Last edited by Tuuubes,

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also made this thread for anybody that has any questions about Ninjhax 2.0, in case you want a faster answer to a more detailed question. Also I am online a lot so if no-one else can answer your question there, I probably will :)

phazer

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I don't think that the DS profile should affect the web exploit; I can still use the web exploit for Gateway and have the rxTools DS profile exploit set up. Which website are you using to launch the web exploit (i.e. go.gateway-3ds.com)?

I use go.gateway-3ds.com. I presume that you installed the DS profile exploit using a DS flash card? Maybe there´s a difference with the injection of the exploit between use of a DS flash card and the RopLoader injection via browser (therefore I used http://spiderprof.3ds-torrent).

Last edited by phazer,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a homebrew app that can be ran on 03DS 9.8 with ninjhacks that can downgrade to 9.2 or 4.X to gain access to the other mods?
The N3DS still works with custom CFWs so ninjhacks and the emunand features can be used on N3DS that way, even if its not downgraded from 9.0/9.2 right?

Edit:
Are you saying for N3DS I could access the mods through gateway tools without a flashcart as long as i have OOT3D/CN? I have a copy of OOT3D already so that would be ideal for my budget.
There is currently no homebrew app to downgrade from 9.3 or above. The only way to downgrade a 3DS that's above 9.3 is through hardmodding and it requires a NAND backup from the same 3DS, before it was on 9.3 or above.

Yes, as long as the N3DS is on 9.2 or lower, Ninjhax and CFWs can be run on it.

For the N3DS, you can use OoT or CN to launch Gateway. All CFWs (to date) only have support for launching through CN; however, I believe Smealum is developing a method of launching homebrew through OoT, so this may change in the near future.

I use go.gateway-3ds.com which works before for me. I presume that you installed the DS profile exploit using a DS flash card? Maybe there´s a difference with the injection of the exploit between use of a DS flash card and the RopLoader injection via browser (therefore I used http://spiderprof.3ds-torrent).
I did indeed install the DS profile exploit with a DS flashcart. It's possible in that case that some part of the ROP chain is different, perhaps some part of the web browser is modified in the process? Have you tried clearing your browser's cache and cookies before using the web exploit again? If that doesn't work, it might not be a bad idea to see if others have encountered the same issue in the Spider DS profile exploit thread.

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit:
As I said in the Ninjhax 2.0 FAQ forum, a legit CIA will probably be available soon enough for Ninjhax 2.0. Theoretically that means downgrading with CIA's downloaded from 3DNUS. But that would cause a brick. So, when/if the legit CIA installer is released, you would still need to wait till someone can make sysupdater compatible with Ninjhax 2.0, because updating sysnand using CIA's using a CIA manager like DevMenu would cause a brick 100% of the time.[emoji1]

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said in the Ninjhax 2.0 FAQ forum, a legit CIA will probably be available soon enough for Ninjhax 2.0. Theoretically that means downgrading with CIA's downloaded from 3DNUS. But that would cause a brick. So, when/if the legit CIA installer is released, you would still need to wait till someone can make sysupdater compatible with Ninjhax 2.0, because updating sysnand using CIA's using a CIA manager like DevMenu would cause a brick 100% of the time.[emoji1]
As I mentioned, The Ninjhax 2.0 FAQ/QNA Thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?threads/393150/ .

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ninjhax only has userland access. You need kernel access to downgrade or install .cias at all. There may be another kernel exploit found through Cubic Ninja, but it's very unlikely it will happen anytime soon; there was a 3 year gap between the 4.X kernel exploit and 5.0-9.2 kernel exploit.

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninjhax only has userland access. You need kernel access to downgrade or install .cias at all. There may be another kernel exploit found through Cubic Ninja, but it's very unlikely it will happen anytime soon; there was a 3 year gap between the 4.X kernel exploit and 5.0-9.2 kernel exploit.
I am aware of all this, but thay doesn't mean it will take as long this time. We have MUCH MUCH more knowlage on pretty kucj everything about the system then we did before. And in this sceme, everyone knows the the word "soon" has two different meanings ;)

yasuoiwakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QQ is a sky clone. You can create emunand but you will not be able to boot into gateway mode without a GW and you can't anyway because you are over 9.2. Sorry.
Thank you for replying!

Any updates since CIA+FBI have been released?
I have still 3DS XL 9.5.0-22E and wonder any exploit will come up allowing me to install Emunand...
So far i can "just" run Japanese Game Cadridges using the "Download Game" Exploit

\(^_^)\ TaikoNoTatsujin /(^_^)/​

Also, my QQ3DS card seens not to work with newest FW so i stay outdated...

Last edited by yasuoiwakura,

Tuuubes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is currently no homebrew app to downgrade from 9.3 or above. The only way to downgrade a 3DS that's above 9.3 is through hardmodding and it requires a NAND backup from the same 3DS, before it was on 9.3 or above.

Yes, as long as the N3DS is on 9.2 or lower, Ninjhax and CFWs can be run on it.

For the N3DS, you can use OoT or CN to launch Gateway. All CFWs (to date) only have support for launching through CN; however, I believe Smealum is developing a method of launching homebrew through OoT, so this may change in the near future.
Ok I think I get it now. By 'Gateway' you're referring to the gateway app, and not the gateway flashcart, correct? It's a bit confusing because of that.

Would performing a system transfer from my current 9.8 O3DS to a N3DS once I got one force that N3DS to update? I think what I might have to do for now is get a Sky3DS and put off getting the N3DS, since sky functions as cubic ninja which I'd need for it anyway. But regardless I want to make sure I can system transfer to N3DS once I get one and still have modding options.

Last edited by Tuuubes,

Alucard023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi im having problem on my 3ds japanese version it always says SD card write protected even i change the side lock of the SDcard.

I've already tried to use my SDcard to my other 3ds and its working fine not write protected but when i insert it on my japanese version 3ds it always says SDcard is write protected.

i don't know what's the problem is it the 3ds japanese or the SDcard?

thank you in advance.

Last edited by Alucard023,

Deld0

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I've gotten an 3ds and i want to buy an flashcard for it. I've already checked the comparison list but as a noob as myself i can't really decide which one i should buy. Anyone who could just could say which are the best ones and why in noob language?

Thanks.

Edit: I have 9.5.0-22E version and what are the dangers of getting banned?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zTei5RMhQ8