• Views 4,463,958
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

wesifer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty new again to the scene... I could use flash cards for the old ds but I haven't in quite some time and would like to play some old roms I have. My question is.... which card would I need to play nes, snes, or ds roms on a New 3ds?

Tennin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a few simple questions, out of sheer curiosity.

What about the NTR CFW 1.0, which was released for the normal 3DS? The only english thing I could find about it was this thread here. Are there any more details about it? From what I got (I only read 4 pages from the aforementioned thread) it's a modified Gateway launcher. It can make backups of savegames via the Savegame Manager Plugin, but are they decrypted?

And is it even possible to use a savegame backed up from one cartridge and recovered on another? If not, can the savegame at least be used on Gateway? And then there's Anti Savegame Restore, and one of the games affected by it is Super Smash Bros. Anyone ever tried something with Super Smash Bros.?

And then there are thingys like the SMS 4 Game Backup Master (not sure if I can link it here). It probably can't backup savegames in a decrypted state, right? Again, only asking out of curiosity, not even thinking about buying something like this.

The 3DS scene is damn confusing for me at the moment.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which flash cards are best for 3ds for playing nes , snes, gb,Gba and nds roms. What about gateway is it legit?

DSTWO but it's out of production.

I have a few simple questions, out of sheer curiosity.

What about the NTR CFW 1.0, which was released for the normal 3DS? The only english thing I could find about it was this thread here. Are there any more details about it? From what I got (I only read 4 pages from the aforementioned thread) it's a modified Gateway launcher. It can make backups of savegames via the Savegame Manager Plugin, but are they decrypted?

And is it even possible to use a savegame backed up from one cartridge and recovered on another? If not, can the savegame at least be used on Gateway? And then there's Anti Savegame Restore, and one of the games affected by it is Super Smash Bros. Anyone ever tried something with Super Smash Bros.?

And then there are thingys like the SMS 4 Game Backup Master (not sure if I can link it here). It probably can't backup savegames in a decrypted state, right? Again, only asking out of curiosity, not even thinking about buying something like this.

The 3DS scene is damn confusing for me at the moment.

The NTR savegame backups are decrypted and can be used with any cartridge or gateway (by savedatafiler). Anti savegame restore is not an issue for gateway. With NTR 1.x you won't be able to decrypt saves made with newer games like SSB since NTR 1.x is only for 4.x.

Save backups created with anything other than NTR or savedatafiler are not decrypted and generally only compatible with the specific cart they came from. There are a few exceptions, e.g. there exists a method to decrypt pokemon saves.

Reactions: Tennin

batman7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there! I am looking in building my own cia from 3ds files, and I wish I could ask you guys a question about it.

I tried to do the job with Autocia to build the Xorpads, and there were several options :

- SDK version
- firmware spoof (or not)
- encrypt
- "key" file used in the process

>>> Which one to choose, how and "why"?!

I am sure that there is around a tutorial or a post explaining the "correct" settings but I don't know where...

Thanks in advance !

Taoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to completely uninstall a cia (remove the signature from ticket.db)? I only ask because I installed a Pokemon Y cia I found online and want to uninstall it so I can install a legit cia copy instead, but I get an error when I try to install the legit cia with FBI (after uninstalling the first), which I assume is because it has a different signature

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i use same header for every game? or is it a one header per game type of thing and is it a wise idea to use a header from a used game?

Rafael_ZW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I bought a New 3ds on the last week, and when i charge the Orange light wont turn off, i let charging for 5 hours and the light was still on, so, its problem of the charger, the 3DS or the Update (9.0.0-20), i've read that removing the battery would solve the problem but i still didn't this, or update de 3DS but then i will not be able to use the Gateway anymore... Help please :/

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i use same header for every game? or is it a one header per game type of thing and is it a wise idea to use a header from a used game?
Yes you can as long as you are not online with the same header. No it is not advisable to use a used game because it is not 100% private.

i want to upgrade my SDcard is it possible to move it over to a new one without loosing emunand sysnand etc
Yes. 2 methods are available. Emunand tool and using a on image as detailed in the sticky on this sub.

I bought a New 3ds on the last week, and when i charge the Orange light wont turn off, i let charging for 5 hours and the light was still on, so, its problem of the charger, the 3DS or the Update (9.0.0-20), i've read that removing the battery would solve the problem but i still didn't this, or update de 3DS but then i will not be able to use the Gateway anymore... Help please :/
Do not update!. I can't help you with the lights as I am color blind so they mean nothing to me. You can pick up chairing cables for just a few dollars on Amazon or even cheaper on eBay. I now have a ton of them for the car, travel cases, upstairs/downstairs. I am also starting to buy the 5 and 6 USB charging bricks to help with clutter. I like this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LMIA9L4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: Scorpiopt

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah ballz then what's the point of getting a flashcart... if i can't use the same header... for online play...

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the n3ds, how come launching Gateway by using Cubic Ninja method the Gateway menu shows up, but when launching by the DS Profile exploit it skips the Gateway menu unless you hold L? I just thought that was weird so that's why I am asking.

Rafael_ZW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And about transffer Emunand to other SD, i pick up the SD with emunand, use emunand tool to extract, then rename to "NAND.bin", so i get the new SD, put the launcher, execute the Gateway menu, and i go to "Backup Emunand" or "Format Emunand" direct?
And its better use Win32disk manager or Emunand tool?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah ballz then what's the point of getting a flashcart... if i can't use the same header... for online play...
I could have stated that better. You cannot use two instances of that header at the same time. Example you and your brother both playing smash online with roms using the same header. You can use one header for all your roms just make sure that one copy of that header is online at any one time.

On the n3ds, how come launching Gateway by using Cubic Ninja method the Gateway menu shows up, but when launching by the DS Profile exploit it skips the Gateway menu unless you hold L? I just thought that was weird so that's why I am asking.

So the CN cart needs to be slotted to launch CN and the gateway card needs to be slotted to launch gateway mode. Would you prefer a countdown timer (say 30 seconds) to switch cards making you fumble around or waste your time if you already have gateway slotted or a pause at the gateway menu to launch when you are ready?

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the Red Card isn't inserted while launching the exploit via Cubic Ninja the exploit loads the Gateway Menu, the ds mode exploit directly loads to emuNAND if the Red Card is inserted, but if you try loading the exploit either by pressing the left shoulder button or with the Red Card removed the menu will also show.

Reactions: Hammyface

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the CN cart needs to be slotted to launch CN and the gateway card needs to be slotted to launch gateway mode. Would you prefer a countdown timer (say 30 seconds) to switch cards making you fumble around or waste your time if you already have gateway slotted or a pause at the gateway menu to launch when you are ready?

No, I didn't know why. I was just asking why it did that out of curiosity.

Because the Red Card isn't inserted while launching the exploit via Cubic Ninja the exploit loads the Gateway Menu, the ds mode exploit directly loads to emuNAND if the Red Card is inserted, but if you try loading the exploit either by pressing the left shoulder button or with the Red Card removed the menu will also show.

That makes total sense to me. I thought for some reason the Gateway just decided to launch one way with one exploit and another way with a different exploit. Thank you for helping me understand :)

Gray Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone, I'd appreciate your help with my current situation.
A few days ago, I got a New 3DS XL and found out that it is on 9.4.0-21E. Therefore, I thought getting a Sky3DS would be best for playing backed-up ROMs.
Should I update or stay at that version? Is there anything I'm missing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol