• Likes 43

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, that does ring a bell. I can't recall the specific details, but I'm pretty sure that's a bad idea. There have definitely been some very heated threads about it in the past.

If it was that easy to cleanly remove CFW, don't you think that would be in the Guide?
Shouldn't be much of a difference between Un-Install Hax script and running the official updater¹ (which probably considers FIRM0 and FIRM1 as outdated and/or corrupted while B9S is installed) without protection.
We have that one: https://gbatemp.net/threads/where-exactly-did-my-homebrew-go.613318/ → (🤦‍♀️)
And another one… by the same person: https://gbatemp.net/threads/hey-so-im-dumb.618907/ →(🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️)

Count me as well: I also tested it. (Yes, big "🤦‍♀️" for me as well for torturing my poor testing O3DSXL): The updater does "repair" the FIRM partitions when updating without CFW protection.

When The Guide warns of unintended consequences, they probably mean early/surprising overwriting of B9S, before all tests are finished. The main test is already passed at this point – leaves only non-fatal consequences (crashing System Settings, missing keyboard…)

Uninstall CFW page is very long, and even includes Format System Memory. They make double and triple sure there is no non-legitimate content left before actually running the uninstall script. And this is surely the way to go for anybody dead set on removing CFW.
The instructions are well-tested and deviating from it is an unneeded risk.

====

Again: Normally I don't react on those question anymore (I wasted countless hours, but stopped caring at some point). Usually it is one of those two:
  • "Want to sell the console!" (and conceal previous modding – yeah nice and honest move)
  • "[…] is not working and I want to start from scratch!" (this probably comes from Android phones, where "Back to stock and start from scratch!" seems to be standard and sensible/working procedure)
I've had enough of these discussions in the past. More often than not people aren't interested in the answer. Before the elaborate testing was included in The Guide, we had a lot of bricked or semi-bricked consoles.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Guovssohas

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi. I'm very new to this cfw stuff. I was wondering can two hacked 3ds'es play local two player on old classics like Turtles II nes/ Turtles in time snes etc? If not that should be made possible asap.

To the guy above my post; I believe you can using the mGBA thing, program or whatever they're called. I was playing TloZ Minish cap the other day, and pressing the Y button changed between screens and how you like the picture to be stretched.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I'm very new to this cfw stuff. I was wondering can two hacked 3ds'es play local two player on old classics like Turtles II nes/ Turtles in time snes etc? If not that should be made possible asap.
I think it's possible. though i've never tried it myself..
To the guy above my post; I believe you can using the mGBA thing, program or whatever they're called. I was playing TloZ Minish cap the other day, and pressing the Y button changed between screens and how you like the picture to be stretched.
So what is the question? You want to know about more display options etc. On mGBA?
Performance-wise, using VC injects gives perfect compatibility and performance on the 3ds in comparison to mGBA (which is emulation), same for Open_AGB_Firm.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: godreborn

sukh69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I recently updated my 3DS to version 11.16.0-49 and I changed the boot.firm file to update Luma to 11.0, but I am still getting the error message below

bootNTR.jpg

Any help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We need a GTA based on your life, or at least put you in 6 as a character.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I don't think people would believe 10% of the things I have done lol thank god...
    I have a giant check list of impossible things, and I haven't done them all yet lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Was the pot farmer in San andreas
    I tell people I wrestled a 5 foot alligator and they get this smile like this guy is full of shit lol the reality is I am sad it got away.... I wanted a pet alligator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You live in Florida, so I believe it, you guys are crazy.
    At the time I would have probably fed it people lol
    Seriously cocaine not even once lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Blew it on women and muscle cars lol