• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

MrJey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got still 46Gb free from the 128GB's on my SD.
While I have 13GB free from the 32GB's on my micro-SD Gateway Bluecard (for NDS)
I use to doubt about upgrading the 32GB to 128GB, but really I have no idea what NDS games to put on the remaining 13GB's.

While I've downloaded like 6000+ NDS roms and sorted through them, I've watched / read allot of youtube and internet recommendations, and to be honest. There are not much games to make my card full.
(Well, there are, but I don't like these baby and kiddy games...)

The NDS games I really really love right now are: Hotel Dusk - Room 215 and Last Window.

Is there anything else I can fill up this space with?

Last edited by MrJey,

oom12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hey guys i have a cfw 3ds and i played an out of region game cartridge (inazuma eleven 1.2.3 legend of endou mamorou JPN region) and there is an update for it i updated the game but it keeps telling me that i need to update the game
and after i update it always tells me go to settings and go to data managment>3ds>downlaodable content> and i will find the update there but when i open the downlaodable content section it's not there
pls help

Last edited by oom12,
D

Deleted User

hey guys i have a cfw 3ds and i played an out of region game cartridge (inazuma eleven 1.2.3 legend of endou mamorou JPN region) and there is an update for it i updated the game but it keeps telling me that i need to update the game
and after i update it always tells me go to settings and go to data managment>3ds>downlaodable content> and i will find the update there but when i open the downlaodable content section it's not there
pls help
You cannot download out-of-region updates or dlc

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pls help

You cannot download out-of-region updates or dlc
freeshop or you must find the updates you need in .cia format . . . .use google

GinOkami428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, let's explain NAND vs SD, and emuNAND vs sysNAND.

On sysNAND, the NAND memory is stored on a system chip. Official system titles are installed here, as well as apps like eShop, Mii Plaza, etc.

Games, in contrast, are installed to the SD card. Their data is in the Nintendo 3DS folder.

Now the emuNAND. In emuNAND, the memory that would normally be stored on the system chip is instead stored in a separate partition on the SD card. It still acts like system memory though - official system titles and eShop, Mii Plaza etc are installed here.

Games are still stored in the normal partition of the SD card, in the Nintendo 3DS folder. If you sysNAND and emuNAND are linked, the games will be in the same folder as the games installed on sysNAND, and if unlinked, there will be a separate id folder for them.

When you install something to NAND, on sysNAND this will be on the system chip, and on emuNAND it will be the system memory location on the special partition.

If you install a non-system title to NAND, it will NOT work. The best you can hope for is a mysterious black icon that does nothing.

If you want to install a game to sysNAND, you have to actually be in sysNAND. If you install from emuNAND, you'll only be installing to emuNAND.

DSi games actually have to be installed to NAND. But they have to be installed both on emuNAND's NAND as well as sysNAND's NAND.

GBA games, however, are not installed to NAND so they will turn up as a black icon if you try to do this. (If you install something to NAND that is not meant to be there it will just be a black icon). You need to install it to SD on both emuNAND and sysNAND for it to work.

This is one of the many reasons the world has moved to a9lh now - not needing an emuNAND means you don't have to deal with this headache.

Also, you wouldn't have even been able to make this mistake if you'd used a more recent version of FBI - it prevents you from installing non system apps to NAND. I haven't seen this mistake made in at least a year and a half. (It used to be very very common)
- So should I just install a9lh? I'm questioning if I may have screwed things up with attempting to install games to NAND from Emunand (pretty sure I deleted them after realizing they didn't work, but still). So, major question: I used the old tutorial to setup cfw back when Reinand was still relevant (Menuhax coldboot); to set things up, you had to inject FBI to "Health and Safety". According to a more recent update of FBI on my EmuNand (which now uses Luma), it claims that FBI IS installed to my NAND, but I don't see it when booting to my 9.2 SystemNand. How would one access said FBI or install FBI to NAND to install DSiWare/TWL Loader?

tivo76

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey

i bought a micro SD Adapter for my nintendo Ds capture card

i have the very first built Nintendo 3ds with the capture card inside, and when i put my 128GB in my MicroSD card Adapter and when i turn my nintendo 3ds this error message pops up

Could not detect an Sd Card. the software on the sd Card could not be displayed

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
- So should I just install a9lh?
Yes, that's the normal way to do things now.

I'm questioning if I may have screwed things up with attempting to install games to NAND from Emunand (pretty sure I deleted them after realizing they didn't work, but still).
Yes, but is recoverable.

So, major question: I used the old tutorial to setup cfw back when Reinand was still relevant (Menuhax coldboot); to set things up, you had to inject FBI to "Health and Safety". According to a more recent update of FBI on my EmuNand (which now uses Luma), it claims that FBI IS installed to my NAND
It is NOT installed to the NAND - if it was it would be unusable. The only things that can be installed to NAND and work are system titles (for upgrading/downgrading firmware) and DSi games. It is 100% installed to SD card.

but I don't see it when booting to my 9.2 SystemNand.
that's because you didn't install it on sysNAND. How can you expect it to be there if you didn't install it there? Read my post again and try to understand it. NAND does NOT equal sysNAND. SysNAND and emuNAND each have their own NAND and SD install locations.

How would one access said FBI or install FBI to NAND to install DSiWare/TWL Loader?
You have to be on sysNAND when you install it. Using the ancient methods you are using, you'd have to use the homebrew launcher on sysNAND, open FBI.3dsx, and install FBI.cia from it.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda need some help. So I have my Eur save of Major's Mask and wanted to continue my save on the US version. Can some one help me out. I know there's card2save and the other one and tried savedatafiler but it doesn't want to give me the ctr card option enabled to make a save. Looking for some help.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda need some help. So I have my Eur save of Major's Mask and wanted to continue my save on the US version. Can some one help me out. I know there's card2save and the other one and tried savedatafiler but it doesn't want to give me the ctr card option enabled to make a save. Looking for some help.
You could try JKSM.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there another way? I never go online or use wifi on my 3ds since its not updated and need to update it to use internet on it.
Use a computer to move the files over. Or use FBI to scan one of the QR codes in the first post if you have custom firmware. Otherwise, no.

oom12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
freeshop or you must find the updates you need in .cia format . . . .use google
ok then after i downlaod the update cia how can i update the game? if i install the update cia with fbi will the game cartridge update and will it stop telling me to update, if this is not write then tell me how to update,:):yay3ds:

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok then after i downlaod the update cia how can i update the game? if i install the update cia with fbi will the game cartridge update and will it stop telling me to update, if this is not write then tell me how to update,:):yay3ds:
Install the update CIA with FBI and it should stop telling you to update.

oom12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
thnx KunoichiZ:lol:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how do i change the keyboard language in freeshop?
i want to change the keyboard language to japanese

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thnx KunoichiZ:lol:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how do i change the keyboard language in freeshop?
i want to change the keyboard language to japanese
You can't change the keyboard language, but you can search for just Japanese games changing freeShop's settings.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a computer to move the files over. Or use FBI to scan one of the QR codes in the first post if you have custom firmware. Otherwise, no.
I think I should have mention that I made a backup of the EUr game on my gateway card and am trying to get to that save to transfer to my US version.

Last edited by qaz015393,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol