• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hey i have following problem:
My sysnand is now on 9.2 (o3DS) but i have problems with emuNAND.
Should i update sysnand to 11.2 because the hack is already there? because the 11.2 will be patched soon and then i have to update to the patched version
You don't need to update, just follow the holy guide from here: https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)

Amani

Someone who wants to get banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to transfer save data from a physical cart to a digital copy without reseting the physical copy's data?

flashmanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm happy to say everything is back to normal the process completed. I just need bigger SD card.
Not really problem is when I boot the custom theme installer from HB channel it boots to a black screen.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already have my 3DS hacked with A9LH and Luma3DS.

How do I install custom themes? Do they go in their own folder or do they go with the official themes? How many custom themes can I have at one time?

This link might help you:

https://3dsthem.es/about.php

There is a .cia version of the CHMM2 app, I recommend using it so that you don't have to connect to the Homebrew page to change themes. Once you install CHMM2, create a folder on the root of your SD drive named "Themes" (without parenthesis) and place your downloaded themes in there.

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you can use chmm2 as your homebrew theme manager, it comes with the starter pack or you can install it as cia. set a theme officially, quit, reboot your 3ds: Now you can toggle through themes with chmm2. they are stored at /themes on your sd card. you can have as many as there's space. don't go to frshp and download the themes.

@Gorkensnorkel love your samus theme

Last edited by Fil o_O,

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use chmm2 as your homebrew theme manager, it comes with the starter pack or you can install it as cia. set a theme officially, quit, reboot your 3ds: Now you can toggle through themes with chmm2. they are stored at /themes on your sd card. you can have as many as there's space. don't go to frshp and download the themes.

@Gorkensnorkel love your samus theme

Thanks, I got bored and thought I would try out making a few themes. I look for reasons to mess around in PS, heh. Making themes is very addicting...

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL; DR: what procedures should I follow when moving from a fully-hacked New 3DS to a New 3DS XL?

My standard/small New 3DS is perfectly hacked and setup following the proper guides here. How difficult and how much of a process will it be to simply transfer its current state to my soon-arriving XL model?

For what it's worth, while I do care somewhat about my NNID, I don't intend to keep the smaller New 3DS once I get the XL up and running.

[Edited for brevity]

Last edited by sorabora,

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a first-time 3DS owner, this is the second time I'm mad at myself for having to ask a "how much is this post-successful-hack upgrade going to hurt" kind of question, lol.

First question related to upgrading the stock memory card on my N3DS Super Mario White Edition (black friday). Thanks to some assurances here, that was quick and easy!

The current issue, however, I'm not so certain. As I've been using that 3DS, it's been bugging me how small it is. After seeing the XL, I instantly realized that's the model for me. I somehow managed to order the Lime Green N3DS XL from Amazon (the one that comes w/ Super Mario World), arriving this Wednesday.

So this is the issue: my (small) New 3DS is perfectly hacked and setup following the proper guides here. Love it (aside from the size). How difficult and how much of a process will it be to simply transfer its current state to my soon-arriving XL model?

I do know there are/may be those ever fun NNID and system transfer issues. For what it's worth, while I do care somewhat about my NNID, I don't intend to keep the smaller New 3DS once I get the XL up and running.

Sorry, that ended up being way longer than I intended. Clearly I'm confused :\

Why not just use the guide and hack the new 3ds when it arrives? The same way you hacked the old one, you know? You may have to downgrade but its not so bad, I just did it myself a few weeks ago for the first time.

Reactions: sorabora

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How difficult and how much of a process will it be to simply transfer its current state to my soon-arriving XL model?

You hack the lime green one. You then do a system transfer. Back up your saves first. I recommend reading the faq section of the 3ds hacks reddit, I think a lot of your questions will be answered. If somethings unclear, ask again. but this is a good resource for starters
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5g51h7/common_resources_looking_for_something_start_here/

Reactions: sorabora

YaBoiJon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Decrypt9 to run on my n3dsxl and moved to the ctrtransfer. step 2 is "Select the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer image when prompted". I don't have this, it just goes straight to the key combo. So I put the combo in and get A9LH not detected. The guide says skipping the backup u'll lose any saved games. I don't have anything to lose on my ds so is ok for me to skip this step, or does it serve a greater purpose?

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just use the guide and hack the new 3ds when it arrives? The same way you hacked the old one, you know? You may have to downgrade but its not so bad, I just did it myself a few weeks ago for the first time.

You hack the lime green one. You then do a system transfer. Back up your saves first. I recommend reading the faq section of the 3ds hacks reddit, I think a lot of your questions will be answered. If somethings unclear, ask again. but this is a good resource for starters
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5g51h7/common_resources_looking_for_something_start_here/

Thanks to both of you. Ok, I'll have to go through the hacking process again. Since my first time was through @Hyoretsu's thread the day that hit, I'm sure the process has stabilized and gotten easier/quicker now that Pialect's guide is up.

It's the "system transfer" process I'm confused about. I did check out your link, @Fil o_O as well as the FAQ section you mentioned, but haven't found anything on point.

Oddly enough, it's not so much the "backup your [game] saves" that I'm concerned with, but instead I don't want to lose all the games, apps, and settings I've installed (CIA game installs, freeshop, FBI, VC injections, etc etc). It seems like there's going to be a mix of some stuff I will have to lose and some I don't. But I will keep digging on the actual "system transfer" process.

I guess the real issue is how to juggle the three SD cards among the two N3DS's: (1) a currently unused, hacked 4GB; (2) a hacked 64GB inside my N3DS that I intend to use in my forthcoming N3DS XL; (3) the stock 4GB inside that forthcoming N3DS XL. :wacko:

Last edited by sorabora,

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A system transfer is perfectly fine for hacked or unhacked systems. But keep in mind that you must set up FBI and you unofficial apps again - that's why you backup your saves. Anything official and legit that you paid for/downloaded legitimately from the eShop will get transferred. After the system transfer the target device prompts you to use the sd card that you had been using in your source. For two unhacked devices that don't run any homebrew or any illegitimately obtained software, a system transfer will turn out as an exact copy from the source system to the target. It won't move any hacks for you, it won't move frshp software and or emulators. For system transfers between two N3DS systems, no data from the sd card is being moved as far as I'm concerned. (It's only for 2DS --> N3DS because of the former using SD cards whereas the latter uses micro SD cards.)
If you use the source SD card for hacking, double check that there is no OTB.BIN from your former system on the SD card

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks to both of you. Ok, I'll have to go through the hacking process again. Since my first time was through @Hyoretsu's thread the day that hit, I'm sure the process has stabilized and gotten easier/quicker now that Pialect's guide is up.

It's the "system transfer" process I'm confused about. I did check out your link, @Fil o_O as well as the FAQ section you mentioned, but haven't found anything on point.

Oddly enough, it's not so much the "backup your [game] saves" that I'm concerned with, but instead I don't want to lose all the games, apps, and settings I've installed (CIA game installs, freeshop, FBI, VC injections, etc etc). It seems like there's going to be a mix of some stuff I will have to lose and some I don't. But I will keep digging on the actual "system transfer" process.

I guess the real issue is how to juggle the three SD cards among the two N3DS's: (1) a currently unused, hacked 4GB; (2) a hacked 64GB inside my N3DS that I intend to use in my forthcoming N3DS XL; (3) the stock 4GB inside that forthcoming N3DS XL. :wacko:
The only thing that changed is that safehax doesn't require a cartridge anymore.

Last edited by Hyoretsu,

nightsofni

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I have two 3DSs and, as Nintendo so graciously gave us a bad port of Fire Emblem Fates here in the west, I'm looking to put custom firmware on one of them so I can play the full version of it with all its features and a proper fan-dubbed English translation. Having no experience in putting custom firmware on a 3ds, however, I have a few questions on how to do so:
1. I assume that, to get the full game I'd have to get a Japanese version of the game and apply the translation patch to that- would I be correct in thinking so?
2. Which firmware would be the best to use for this purpose? Is one firmware more optimized towards the game over another?

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A system transfer is perfectly fine for hacked or unhacked systems. But keep in mind that you must set up FBI and you unofficial apps again - that's why you backup your saves. Anything official and legit that you paid for/downloaded legitimately from the eShop will get transferred. After the system transfer the target device prompts you to use the sd card that you had been using in your source. For two unhacked devices that don't run any homebrew or any illegitimately obtained software, a system transfer will turn out as an exact copy from the source system to the target. It won't move any hacks for you, it won't move frshp software and or emulators. For system transfers between two N3DS systems, no data from the sd card is being moved as far as I'm concerned. (It's only for 2DS --> N3DS because of the former using SD cards whereas the latter uses micro SD cards.)
If you use the source SD card for hacking, double check that there is no OTB.BIN from your former system on the SD card

Again, my thanks @Fil o_O. Now that you've mentioned backing up my saves a couple times, it's occurred to me I don't actually have any game saves I care to backup. I've spent 99% of my time tinkering around with homebrew/hacked software, getting everything running 100%.

Thus, if all I've downloaded from the eShop was demos of no import, and a system transfer will not move things like emulators, roms, freeshop software, or homebrew apps...perhaps I should just skip the system transfer process? If that's viable, then what of the 64GB SD card currently in my soon-to-be-replaced (small) N3DS? Should I just format it on my Mac (after backing up, of course), stick it in the New 3DS XL, have that system do it's thing, and then start the hacking process via @Hyoretsu and/or Pialect?

Then there's still the issue of my NNID...but I've already thrown so much out there. Sorry for all the clutter. I'm kinda thinking out loud, so to speak.

Last edited by sorabora,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof