• Views 4,462,843
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then there's still the issue of my NNID...but I've already thrown so much out there. Sorry for all the clutter. I'm kinda thinking out loud, so to speak.

The system transfer will move your NNID, and it will make the target system be able to use the data stored on the sd card in this directory: /Nintendo 3DS/ if you have frshp software in there, you could "reavtivate" this software on a hacked system by reinstalling the corresponding tickets. Only proper tickets bound to your NNID/eShop get moved.
You cannot move this folder and use the software in /Nintendo 3DS/ on another system without a system transfer.
I would honestly not bother with it, since saves are no big deal when you can use JKSV/JKSM and if I wouldn't have any important purchases and/or friend codes registered.
Your pre installed game can be reinstalled using a proper ticket too so you don't lose that.
You can also use one sd card for multiple systems, the 3DS will create a folder for each device that only this one system can access.

Last edited by Fil o_O,
Reactions: sorabora

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Fil o_O

So, ultimately, what would you suggest I do once the Lime Green XL arrives? It read like you were going for the system transfer route but then you said not to bother with it.

Regarding the state of my current, standard N3DS as it applies to the hopefully-successful-transfer to the Lime Green XL:
  • Not Important: Current game saves. I haven't purchased any games from the eShop other than demos.
  • Most Important: If I can salvage as much of my Freeshop, CIA-based installed apps, emus, ROMS, etc, this would be the most important. For sure much will have to be manually re-installed. I have backups of much (though not all). But if some can simply be "dragged over," that would be great.
  • In Between: NNID. Which, thanks to your explanation, sounds like it requires a system transfer (or that horrible call-Nintendo process which can take up to a week).
So with the ^^^above said, should I (1) leave the stock 4GB SD in the Lime Green XL, do the hacking process, do the system transfer, and then proceed to copy the contents to the 64GB card?

Or (2) should I forego the system transfer route altogether, format the 64GB, stick it in the Lime Green XL, and start the hacking process then?

Last edited by sorabora,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello. I've been the following the guide I got linked to but I am stuck at the restoring the system section.

I hold Start on boot to load arm9loaderhax but I get the “Failed to mount CTRNAND” error. Where did I go wrong?

https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
Double check your luma/payloads folder. You should have start_hourglass9.bin in it.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone a while back mentioned that it was possible to convert GBA games to .cia files that can be installed. Can that be done with Decrypt9 or do I need another application?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And what about NES and SNES games?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone a while back mentioned that it was possible to convert GBA games to .cia files that can be installed. Can that be done with Decrypt9 or do I need another application?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And what about NES and SNES games?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-snes-vc-injector-for-3ds.453891/ *new 3ds only*
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-nes-vc-injector-for-3ds.437415/

Reactions: Posghetti

Germaine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I have some Noob questions.
1. If I wanna try a game that is not in the Freeshop can I download the cia from somewhere else and install it? Is it safe? Any good website where I can get those backups?.
2. About dlcs, are they cias too? What if for example I have a super smash cartridge, can I download those dlcs cia and install them with FBI and will they work? Or they just work with a cia backup of super smash?
Thanks in advance for the help guys, pretty much a Noob in this.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have some Noob questions.
1. If I wanna try a game that is not in the Freeshop can I download the cia from somewhere else and install it? Is it safe? Any good website where I can get those backups?.
2. About dlcs, are they cias too? What if for example I have a super smash cartridge, can I download those dlcs cia and install them with FBI and will they work? Or they just work with a cia backup of super smash?
Thanks in advance for the help guys, pretty much a Noob in this.
1. Yes, yes, Google search that iso site
2. Yes, but freeShop has some DLCs too. Yes they will work with the cartridge versions and digital/CIA installed versions as long as they belong to the region your game is from, i.e. US DLC for US game.

Reactions: Germaine

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, ultimately, what would you suggest I do once the Lime Green XL arrives? It read like you were going for the system transfer route but then you said not to bother with it.

Yes, I told you it's not a big deal at all. You hack the lime green one, you perform a system transfer. I listed reasons for not bothering with a system transfer, since you seemed hesitant somehow ;) these reasons are:
  • you don't need your NNID as you don't have many purchases and friend codes registered
  • you don't have your 64 SD Card filled with software that otherwise must be redownloaded/installed

If I can salvage as much of my Freeshop,

Again: If you system transfer your NNID, the target system can use the /Nintendo 3DS/ folder but no illegitimately obtained titles/software/games/tickets will get transferred. You can salvage your apps by reinstalling tickets using FBI
If you don't do a system transfer, and just swap SD Cards, your new system cannot use the /Nintendo 3DS/ folder. In this case you must reinstall the full titles.

So before you give this too much thought, go in the order I originally suggested: Use https://3ds.guide -> hack the lime green 3ds (optionally with an extra SD card). Do a system transfer. Swap sd cards. Don't mix up otb.bin files to prevent a brick

Reactions: sorabora

Aman310

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i am following guide for old 3ds on 11.2.0.35E. After doing ctr nand transfer i pressed select and ejected the sd card and before inserting the sd card i pressed start to reboot but console is not switching on. The blue light blinks for 1 second and goes away. It is not booting at all. Help

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i am following guide for old 3ds on 11.2.0.35E. After doing ctr nand transfer i pressed select and ejected the sd card and before inserting the sd card i pressed start to reboot but console is not switching on. The blue light blinks for 1 second and goes away. It is not booting at all. Help
Did you have it plugged in charging since the beginning of the hacking process?

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I told you it's not a big deal at all. You hack the lime green one, you perform a system transfer. I listed reasons for not bothering with a system transfer, since you seemed hesitant somehow ;) these reasons are:
  • you don't need your NNID as you don't have many purchases and friend codes registered
  • you don't have your 64 SD Card filled with software that otherwise must be redownloaded/installed
Again: If you system transfer your NNID, the target system can use the /Nintendo 3DS/ folder but no illegitimately obtained titles/software/games/tickets will get transferred. You can salvage your apps by reinstalling tickets using FBI
If you don't do a system transfer, and just swap SD Cards, your new system cannot use the /Nintendo 3DS/ folder. In this case you must reinstall the full titles.

So before you give this too much thought, go in the order I originally suggested: Use https://3ds.guide -> hack the lime green 3ds (optionally with an extra SD card). Do a system transfer. Swap sd cards. Don't mix up otb.bin files to prevent a brick

I love you :grog:

YaBoiJon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried to run the safeA9LH installer and got Error: firm0.bin doesn't exist or has a wrong size does anyone know which file is the firm0.bin?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gray zone warfare looks kinda cool
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ohhh on one episode they could use rings to summon Captain Criminal who is just Obama like a spoof of Captain Planet lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does look good
    By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just another shit fps clone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought it was some warzone dlc bs
    Looks like an enhanced Far cry 1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs