Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Germany
Heyho~

Question!
Im trying to play online with Final Fantasy Explorers but it says that i have to update my system firmware to do so.
I use the header of my original yoshi game so there should be no problem but..
updating the firmware? how can i know how much i have to update to be able to play the game online? how much can i update to still be able to use my gateway 3ds?
Got an old 3ds XL and right now im sitting on Ver. 7.1.0-10E.
How can i update anyway? i guess letting the little bugger update through system settings is a stupid idea...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Heyho~

Question!
Im trying to play online with Final Fantasy Explorers but it says that i have to update my system firmware to do so.
updating the firmware? how can i know how much i have to update to be able to play the game online? how much can i update to still be able to use my gateway 3ds?
How can i update anyway? i guess letting the little bugger update through system settings is a stupid idea...
The Gateway select menu is broken on 11.1. You can either update manually to 11.0 (using update cias and sysupdater) or you can install a .cia of the games you want to play, use JKSM to backup the saves from your Gateway card, then update and inject the save files in afterwards.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyho~

Question!
Do you have an emunand? I am guessing no since you say you are on 7.1.0

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup the nand that currently has all your stuff (which should be your sysnand currently). And just do a full backup of your sd card if you haven't in a while (since right now is a good time to do it).

i literally upgraded to a9lh and luma yesterday so i had to a sd backup but i'm still gonna do it because I'm paranoid lol. what's the best way to format?

Everything is on your sysNAND, you don't have an emuNAND anymore.

ohhhh ok then why is there are an emuNAND option in Hourglass? at least I don't have to worry about that I guess

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i literally upgraded to a9lh and luma yesterday so i had to a sd backup but i'm still gonna do it because I'm paranoid lol. what's the best way to format?

ohhhh ok then why is there are an emuNAND option in Hourglass? at least I don't have to worry about that I guess
Just format using system settings. The emunand option in hourglass9 is for final steps in a9lh, and the really paranoid people who want to keep emunand as their main nand.

Wooshy

Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Germany
The Gateway select menu is broken on 11.1. You can either update manually to 11.0 (using update cias and sysupdater) or you can install a .cia of the games you want to play, use JKSM to backup the saves from your Gateway card, then update and inject the save files in afterwards.
I....I didnt quite understand what you are telling me here xD How can i use cias?

Do you have an emunand? I am guessing no since you say you are on 7.1.0
Well im not sure if i have emunand since i would have to google that first. all i can tell you is i used my 3ds like a year ago and just found it in the closet xD not sure what i did back then to let it run. I know i have to open browser, use my bookmark, it loads the gateway. then im in a pretty pink menu where i press select and choose the game xD does that help you?

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just format using system settings. The emunand option in hourglass9 is for final steps in a9lh, and the really paranoid people who want to keep emunand as their main nand.

yeah i realized now that was a dumb question since it's for restoring the emuNAND (which i did lol)

ok so basically:

1. backup sysNAND
2. take the sd card out and format normally
3. sign in to my nnid in the formatted nand
4. and restore sysNAND with hourglass

i honestly wish there was a guide for this

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i realized now that was a dumb question since it's for restoring the emuNAND (which i did lol)

ok so basically:

1. backup sysNAND
2. take the sd card out and format normally
3. sign in to my nnid in the formatted nand
4. and restore sysNAND with hourglass

i honestly wish there was a guide for this
There is some ancient and overcomplicated guide (which I think is where I found this), but it has a lot of incorrect and outdated information. Anyways, yeah, that is all you need to do.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I....I didnt quite understand what you are telling me here xD How can i use cias?

Well im not sure if i have emunand since i would have to google that first. all i can tell you is i used my 3ds like a year ago and just found it in the closet xD not sure what i did back then to let it run. I know i have to open browser, use my bookmark, it loads the gateway. then im in a pretty pink menu where i press select and choose the game xD does that help you?
Your setup sounds ancient af tbh, I'm not really sure how to tell if you have emunand with gateway, but if you don't know what it is, odds are that you don't have it. You should not update in that case, and instead if you plan on using this ds, look into setting up a9lh. This is an entrypoint that installs to your nand (so its permanent unless you want to uninstall it, which can be done with one button), and have a more modern cfw, which allows you to install cias (which are applications and games used by the ds), update your console safely, install pirated software, etc. The guide can be found here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/ . I would link to a guide for setting up gateway alongside luma3ds, but I couldn't find one that didn't appear outdated. Someone else should be able to help with that though.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
There is some ancient and overcomplicated guide (which I think is where I found this), but it has a lot of incorrect and outdated information. Anyways, yeah, that is all you need to do.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Your setup sounds ancient af tbh, I'm not really sure how to tell if you have emunand with gateway, but if you don't know what it is, odds are that you don't have it. You should not update in that case, and instead if you plan on using this ds, look into setting up a9lh. This is an entrypoint that installs to your nand (so its permanent unless you want to uninstall it, which can be done with one button), and have a more modern cfw, which allows you to install cias (which are applications and games used by the ds), update your console safely, install pirated software, etc. The guide can be found here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/ . I would link to a guide for setting up gateway alongside luma3ds, but I couldn't find one that didn't appear outdated. Someone else should be able to help with that though.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok last question hopefully: in order to format without the sd card on do I just take it out while in the system settings? since I can't boot up the ds without the sd card and even though I did a backup of it I don't wanna mess things up more.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok last question hopefully: in order to format without the sd card on do I just take it out while in the system settings? since I can't boot up the ds without the sd card and even though I did a backup of it I don't wanna mess things up more.
Yeah, if that doesn't work though, just make a backup of your nintendo 3ds folder and do it with the sd card in.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Or those who want to keep multiple versions.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

xasaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I guess i'll try asking again.

i bought a 2ds, it came with 6.0 fw, but upgraded it to 7.2 to test a Pokemon X game. I wanted to update to 9.2 and then create a emunand with the help of Drecytp9 and the menuhax. Instead I found Plailect's guide to install Arm9loaderhax and i followed it. I made a backup of my sysnand and after that downgraded it to 2.1, i went thorugh all the process,when I wante to install the hax i found the glitched screen trouble (it was actually black upper screen and glitched touch scree, not sure if it helps), but the guide accounted for it so Ii followed the process and pressed A.

I then restored my sysnand backup while keeping the a9lh, the fartest i can reach is luma's settings screen, i selected all the options mentioned and then pressed START. BUT.... the system didn't boot, decided to reboot and only got a black screen.

I already checked I have the correct payload, and even used the test one and it properly shuts off.

I am still able to access Hourglass9 by pressing START, but nothing else.

I already soft bricked one 2ds i dont' want to brick another one. Please help.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i bought a 2ds, it came with 6.0 fw, but upgraded it to 7.2 to test a Pokemon X game. I wanted to update to 9.2 and then create a emunand with the help of Drecytp9 and the menuhax. Instead I found Plailect's guide to install Arm9loaderhax and i followed it. I made a backup of my sysnand and after that downgraded it to 2.1, i went thorugh all the process,when I wante to install the hax i found the glitched screen trouble (it was actually black upper screen and glitched touch scree, not sure if it helps), but the guide accounted for it so Ii followed the process and pressed A.

I then restored my sysnand backup while keeping the a9lh, the fartest i can reach is luma's settings screen, i selected all the options mentioned and then pressed START. BUT.... the system didn't boot, decided to reboot and only got a black screen.

I already checked I have the correct payload, and even used the test one and it properly shuts off.

try the latest Luma3DS (6.2).

SinisterGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I love your face for being specific! My next question for you is do u know of a comprehensive guide for the smashhax as I heard it takes a Linux system which I was going to build maybe do a fedora or something easy to get and then modify it to how I need. Or just start scratch. Whatever is needed to do so. I'm going to start looking for a smash bros that is v 1.12 or lower now.

I already have smash bros but I just bought it so its definitely new.

My Smash Bros will work, does anyone have a intuitive guide for it?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Try doing a 9.2 CTR transfer (is under the section for people with no backup).

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, since work makes it difficult to really follow many of these threads, and already see the customary 11.1 thread is gone off the first three pages of this sub-forum, I guess I should ask...

Is it safe to update to 11.1 when using Luma3DS? Also, would GW 4.1b (A9) work in the updated firmware?

These are important enough for me to ask.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN