• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

SinisterGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know where the best location to stay up to date with the ability to downgrade off an OFW 11.1.0-34U but has OOT3DHax entry point been fixed or is their another way to access homebrews. I'm in the middle of a DSiWare downgrade.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know where the best location to stay up to date with the ability to downgrade off an OFW 11.1.0-34U but has OOT3DHax entry point been fixed or is their another way to access homebrews. I'm in the middle of a DSiWare downgrade.
Stickerhax and steelhax need a system with Homebrew, oot3dhax needs a v10.7.0-32 or below system with Homebrew access. I don't know about freakyhax. Browserhax and menuhax have been temporarily patched. The only primary exploit is smashhax, which is n3DS only. Those are the only exploits that are currently working that I know of.

adiktus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following Phailect's guide for AL9H/Luma. I got to the point where I hold select to configure Luma cfw. I turn on the four settings indicated and press start to save. Now, the old3ds just boots into black screen. Is this normal? Shouldn't I be able to boot into sysnand and update via settings?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following Phailect's guide for AL9H/Luma. I got to the point where I hold select to configure Luma cfw. I turn on the four settings indicated and press start to save. Now, the old3ds just boots into black screen. Is this normal? Shouldn't I be able to boot into sysnand and update via settings?
what firmware did you start on? 4.5, 6.0, etc.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Started on 9.2 (US).
I assume you just restored the NAND. so try this, listed in the guide:
  1. Navigate to /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/ on your SD card
    • EUR Region: Delete 00000098
    • JPN Region: Delete 00000082
    • USA Region: Delete 0000008f
    • CHN Region: Delete 000000A1
    • KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
    • TWN Region: Delete 000000B1

adiktus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I haven't done any restoring yet. I was about to do the restoring part, but I've read this "If you are on Old 3DS and do not have any usable NAND backups, you can just Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version with the System Settings. Yes this is safe." Doesn't this mean I should be able to boot into sysnand then? I do have an emunand backup to transfer into sysnand, as stated later in the guide, but I just wanna ask first, in case there's a problem.

Oh, I think the black screen is due to the menuhax configuration that's still in the SD card.

Last edited by adiktus,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I haven't done any restoring yet. I was about to do the restoring part, but I've read this "If you are on Old 3DS and do not have any usable NAND backups, you can just Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version with the System Settings. Yes this is safe." Doesn't this mean I should be able to boot into sysnand then? I do have an emunand backup to transfer into sysnand, as stated later in the guide, but I just wanna ask first, in case there's a problem.

Oh, I think the black screen is due to the menuhax configuration that's still in the SD card.
you need to restore your 9.2 NAND first. or your emunand. you made one, right? it should have been made during the ctrtransfer

adiktus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I do have that backup. Anyway, the black screen was indeed due to menuhax config still remaining in the sd card. I could boot into 2.1.0 with luma now. Gonna restore my emunand into it. Thanks for the help!

PixelPoizon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been following Plailect's DSI downgrade guide and have gotten to the final step where you downgrade your Native Firmware to 10.4. I'm getting an error saying: failure opening sd files. Done! reErr:0 wrErr: 0. Any ideas on what I did wrong?

edit: here is a pic of what I'm seeing, I have the right firmware files in the dgTools folder but I guess its not reading them?

<IMAGE>

Last edited by PixelPoizon,

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to install Corbenik as EmuNAND index 0 alongside Luma 3DS a9lh, but now I only boot into the Corbenik config and selecting "Boot firmware" boots me into a black screen :/ help?

Last edited by Clouded Sun,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Tried to install Corbenik as EmuNAND index 0 alongside Luma 3DS a9lh, but now I only boot into the Corbenik config and selecting "Boot firmware" boots me into a black screen :/ help?
Huh, what did you do? Your EmuNAND might be messed up. Did you set Luma as a payload inside /corbenik/boot ?
How did you install Corbenik? Manual or my Updater? What is your model?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3DS XL a9lh firmware 11.1, I think I know where I screwed up. I used the Updater on SysNAND, at first I was able to boot into Luma 3DS after pressing boot but I ran the Updater again, and now I get a black screen.
Was I supposed to load an EmuNAND first before I ran Corbenik Updater? Does it mean I have to restore my backup with Luma?

Last edited by Clouded Sun,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have been following Plailect's DSI downgrade guide and have gotten to the final step where you downgrade your Native Firmware to 10.4. I'm getting an error saying: failure opening sd files. Done! reErr:0 wrErr: 0. Any ideas on what I did wrong?

edit: here is a pic of what I'm seeing, I have the right firmware files in the dgTools folder but I guess its not reading them?

<IMAGE>
Do you have the Firms on the dgtool folder on SD?
Make sure you're using the correct ones or you'll BRICK

• The release of dgTool corresponding to your version:
  1. Create a folder named dgTool on the root of 3DS #2's SD card if it does not already exist
  2. Copy the contents of the firmware zip to the dgTool folder on the root of 3DS #2's SD card

SinisterGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stickerhax and steelhax need a system with Homebrew, oot3dhax needs a v10.7.0-32 or below system with Homebrew access. I don't know about freakyhax. Browserhax and menuhax have been temporarily patched. The only primary exploit is smashhax, which is n3DS only. Those are the only exploits that are currently working that I know of.

Thanks! I love your face for being specific! My next question for you is do u know of a comprehensive guide for the smashhax as I heard it takes a Linux system which I was going to build maybe do a fedora or something easy to get and then modify it to how I need. Or just start scratch. Whatever is needed to do so. I'm going to start looking for a smash bros that is v 1.12 or lower now.

I already have smash bros but I just bought it so its definitely new.

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so regarding what i asked a few hours ago, I know I have to backup my nand but the thing is I'm on SysNAND because of Luma (it says Sys 11.0) but I had to restore my EmuNAND to keep my games and stuff when I switched to arm9 (I was on rxtools), so if I were to format it to link my nnid, what do I have to backup? If it's SysNAND will I lose my EmuNAND stuff or is that already formatted in my SysNAND? (sorry if this makes no sense)

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so regarding what i asked a few hours ago, I know I have to backup my nand but the thing is I'm on SysNAND because of Luma (it says Sys 11.0) but I had to restore my EmuNAND to keep my games and stuff when I switched to arm9 (I was on rxtools), so if I were to format it to link my nnid, what do I have to backup? If it's SysNAND will I lose my EmuNAND stuff or is that already formatted in my SysNAND? (sorry if this makes no sense)
Backup the nand that currently has all your stuff (which should be your sysnand currently). And just do a full backup of your sd card if you haven't in a while (since right now is a good time to do it).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Everything is on your sysNAND, you don't have an emuNAND anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!