• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Jornax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So I've not been using my N3DS for about 6 months or so, but as I'm going on vacation soon I'd like to whip it out and update it to the best possible configuration if need be. I've also haven't read about any 3DS (CFW etc) developments since a year ago, so I've been reading up about a lot of new stuff today. The unlinked sysnand and emunand of my N3DS XL are both on 9.2.0.0-20E, am currently still using the Cubic Ninja into Gateway method (my Gateway's version is Ultra 3.1.1). When booting into emunand I am getting a concerning system update prompt though, don't know if that's Gateway magic or something pushed from Nintendo servers. Not using any other CFW things except Gateway.

So I'd like to ask, what's my best upgrade path? That a9lh thing I've seen people writing about? Something else? Or am I good with my current set-up?
I'd prefer upgrading to a version that doesn't require me switching cards from Cubic Ninja to Gateway with every fresh boot though :P

A9Lh is best way to go, when a new update comes out u can update and still have cfw

So quoting myself as well, I'm right at the beginning of the a9lh guide, at Get Started. I'm a little bit confused, Gateway itself is not CFW? Because the step with a 3DS on 9.0.0 - 9.2.0 (with existing CFW) mentions to change Menuhax to type 1 and I have no clue as to what Menuhax is.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got lucky today and found an o3DS with 2.1.0.4 firmware. Have I completed half the step for installing A9LH or should I be safe and upgrade the console to 9.2 THEN follow the rest of the guide?

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got lucky today and found an o3DS with 2.1.0.4 firmware. Have I completed half the step for installing A9LH or should I be safe and upgrade the console to 9.2 THEN follow the rest of the guide?
I would dump the OTP now, update to 9.2, then install A9LH
How can i fix this error? https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3k5epfeidjqhyf/2016-07-31 15.04.57.jpg?dl=0

I try to setup menuhax.

I did change from theme in the home menu before trying this.
Firmware?

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not sure why the payload won't download... can you upload the log? (its in 3ds/menuhax_manager)

im in retard mode, that happends when im trying to downgrade 3 3ds consoles at once.

I forgot the internet :P

Thank you for your help though! appreciate it

Reactions: Ricken

Jornax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
After reading some more into it, I'll rephrase my question: can I just start at step 1 of the a9lh guide (Homebrew) if I have already done some Gateway stuff on my N3DS?

It has unlinked sysnand and emunand, both at 9.2.0.0-20E and my GW firmware is at 3.1.1, to access GW I boot up my Cubic Ninja card and switch to my GW card from there. All I've ever done on the machine is install Big Blue Menu .cia on the internal SD through its corresponding .3ds file on the GW SD, and subsequently installed several game .cia's through BBM's .cia (all on the internal SD).

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading some more into it, I'll rephrase my question: can I just start at step 1 of the a9lh guide (Homebrew) if I have already done some Gateway stuff on my N3DS?

It has unlinked sysnand and emunand, both at 9.2.0.0-20E and my GW firmware is at 3.1.1, to access GW I boot up my Cubic Ninja card and switch to my GW card from there. All I've ever done on the machine is install Big Blue Menu .cia on the internal SD through its corresponding .3ds file on the GW SD, and subsequently installed several game .cia's through BBM's .cia (all on the internal SD).
Go to part 3 and put all the files there on your SD card. Then begin from part 4

Reactions: Jornax

Jornax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Go to part 3 and put all the files there on your SD card. Then begin from part 4

Thanks! I have a question about the first step in part 4 though:

Copy both the OTPHelper folder from the OTPHelper zip and the Decrypt9WIP folder from the Decrypt9 zip to the /3ds/ folder on your SD card.

Just to be sure, I don't have a folder called 3ds on my internal SD card, I do have one called Nintendo 3DS at root level. Is that the same folder as the /3ds/ folder?

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I have a question about the first step in part 4 though:

Just to be sure, I don't have a folder called 3ds on my internal SD card, I do have one called Nintendo 3DS at root level. Is that the same folder as the /3ds/ folder?
Oh, no. Forgot a few files :P
Just out of curiousity, how have you been booting EmuNand? Luma.3dsx is contained in SD://3ds/luma so I don't think that's what you're using...

Jornax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh, no. Forgot a few files :P
Just out of curiousity, how have you been booting EmuNand? Luma.3dsx is contained in SD://3ds/luma so I don't think that's what you're using...

Maybe it wasn't clear from my second-last post, but I am not using anything CFW-related at all except for Gateway (and I don't know if that's even CFW technically). I boot emunand by first booting my N3DS, it goes into sysnand, then I launch my Cubic Ninja card, press play on the main menu, that launches me into an intermediate Gateway menu. By then I switch my CN card out for my Gateway card (with its own SD card in it but currently there's nothing on there), and launch emunand from that Gateway menu.

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it wasn't clear from my second-last post, but I am not using anything CFW-related at all except for Gateway (and I don't know if that's even CFW technically). I boot emunand by first booting my N3DS, it goes into sysnand, then I launch my Cubic Ninja card, press play on the main menu, that launches me into an intermediate Gateway menu. By then I switch my CN card out for my Gateway card (with its own SD card in it but currently there's nothing on there), and launch emunand from that Gateway menu.
PM'd

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it likely 11.0.0.33 will be downgradable without hard mod or dsiware in the future or has something drastically changed meaning it won't?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it likely 11.0.0.33 will be downgradable without hard mod in the future or has something drastically changed meaning it won't?
If you wanna wait and hope, then that is fine, if you wanna downgrade now then that is also fine, if you want to know the answer to your question, No one knows. Also asking won't change that at all. Not at this very moment, maybe in future. But again up to you to decide that.

Reactions: LuigiXL

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you followed Part 1 you should have this folder (it is for homebrew). Nintendo 3DS is where the console keeps installed games etc, completely different.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...