• Replies 53,765
  • Likes 43

yukino48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello everyone, i am having issues about updating out of region games and there is no cia available for the update "yet"
is there any way to download the updates without changing the region? from an O3ds, with Arm9loaderhax and luma3ds
the game region i want to update is JP , and my 3ds is US

thanks

Last edited by yukino48,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, i am having issues about updating out of region games and there is no cia available for the update "yet"
is there any way to download the updates without changing the region? from an O3ds, with Arm9loaderhax and luma3ds

thanks
What game is it?

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thanks
Try using CIAngel to see if you can find the update data that way
there isn't a way to download out of region content through any official methods

EDIT; Semi-ninja'd :P

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey

thanks
Try region enulation with luma

Reactions: Ricken

yukino48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Last edited by yukino48,
Reactions: Ricken

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the new Story of seasons game

i have tried ciangel , but with the weird font for jp games onciangel make it 10xtimes harder :wacko:

copy that, i'll try it
Try the language emulation plugin:

• Enable region/language emulation: Enables the region/language emulation feature. This allows some games which need a specific language to be set to work, and DLCs for foreign games to load.
    • To use it:
      • Create a folder named locales inside luma/
      • Create a .txt file with game's title id as the name (look them up on www.3dsdb.com).
      • Inside the file,
        • Put 3 characters for the region ("JPN", "USA", "EUR", "AUS", "CHN", "KOR", "TWN")
        • Put an empty space
        • Put 2 characters for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO", "NL", "PT", "RU", "TW").
    • For example, to play Pokémon™ Y in Japanese language and region:
      • Create 0004000000055E00.txt
      • Put in JPN JP
      • Save
Make sure that you have the "Enable region/language emulation" setting checked in your Luma3DS settings first.

yukino48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Try the language emulation plugin:

• Enable region/language emulation: Enables the region/language emulation feature. This allows some games which need a specific language to be set to work, and DLCs for foreign games to load.
    • To use it:
      • Create a folder named locales inside luma/
      • Create a .txt file with game's title id as the name (look them up on www.3dsdb.com).
      • Inside the file,
        • Put 3 characters for the region ("JPN", "USA", "EUR", "AUS", "CHN", "KOR", "TWN")
        • Put an empty space
        • Put 2 characters for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO", "NL", "PT", "RU", "TW").
    • For example, to play Pokémon™ Y in Japanese language and region:
      • Create 0004000000055E00.txt
      • Put in JPN JP
      • Save
Make sure that you have the "Enable region/language emulation" setting checked in your Luma3DS settings first.

-Updated the game with the region emulation setting and the .txt
-finished updating
-game still give the update notice

and btw entering the game id/serial on ciangel give "no matching titles found"
so i guess i just need to wait for someone to upload it :mellow:

Last edited by yukino48,

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Updated the game with the region emulation setting and the .txt
-finished updating
-game still give the update notice

and btw entering the game id on ciangel give "no matching titles found"
so i guess i just need to wait for someone to upload it :mellow:
What is the title ID?

Kurumya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm setting up RxTools on a 9.2 NEW 3Ds and I encounter some issues. RxTools won't boot on RxMode Sysnand, I get the Native_firm 5 error when I try basic package, I got blackscreens when I used python generated firm or reinand firm, I tried lot of combination and the farest was blackscreen when selecting boot on RXMode Sysnand, however RxTools installed the Datasuit when using all previous firm (from rxtool 3.0 beta 2 package + python generation) but black screens at launch when trying to launch it again (and each combination I tried to start it pressing L or R or nothing did nothing more). Any solution ? Thanks.

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm setting up RxTools on a 9.2 NEW 3Ds and I encounter some issues. RxTools won't boot on RxMode Sysnand, I get the Native_firm 5 error when I try basic package, I got blackscreens when I used python generated firm or reinand firm, I tried lot of combination and the farest was blackscreen when selecting boot on RXMode Sysnand, however RxTools installed the Datasuit when using all previous firm (from rxtool 3.0 beta 2 package + python generation) but black screens at launch when trying to launch it again (and each combination I tried to start it pressing L or R or nothing). Any solution ? Thanks.
You might get more success with 2.6... support for rxTools is near nonexistant (the development on it stopped, ages ago)
Although Luma is way easier to setup. Just sayin'

lelecureuil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi again. I just tried to update one of my game on Luma AL9H but it told me that there was a new update to do first so I downloaded it in like 3 seconds (I was already on the latest firmware so I'm fairly sure there wasn't really one) and then the console rebooted. and when I now look in the parameters the 'Sys' is not in front of my console version anymore, what the heck did it do?

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again. I just tried to update one of my game on Luma AL9H but it told me that there was a new update to do first so I downloaded it in like 3 seconds (I was already on the latest firmware so I'm fairly sure there wasn't really one) and then the console rebooted. and when I now look in the parameters the 'Sys' is not in front of my console version anymore, what the heck did it do?
What happens when you hold select on boot?

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma's configuration boots normally.

Oh, it looks like it downloaded the 3DS apps I had deleted with FBI but why don't I have the 'sys' anymore and is that important?
The Sys/Emu flag isn't too important, especially for single nanded users. I personally wouldn't worry about it

lelecureuil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, my bad, misread
If it does that then you're likely using an out of region copy of the game, so you'd have to find the update data somewhere, like among the chaos of isos or something like that

ok, fixed it by restoring my A9LH backup for safety and changing Luna's configuration (nightly update change may have triggered it).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night