• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
where did you get that? if you already have an emunand you don't need to do that.

if you need to make a new emunand or format the SD card for one, use EmuNAND9 instead.
I checked now it works without emunand on old version of gateway we needed to formate emunand to boot gateway that's why I asked about it. Otherwise its awesome to boot gateway directly! B-)

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked now it works without emunand on old version of gateway we needed to formate emunand to boot gateway that's why I asked about it. Otherwise its awesome to boot gateway directly! B-)
are you using sysnand now? remember don't update while in GW mode sysnand, or else a9lh can be overwritten. update within another cfw (Luma3DS?) when another one comes out.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only read this part, but it sounds like you are trying to inject the health and safety app with hs.enc which isn't on your SD card, thus giving you the error. When it asks you what file you want to inject the health and safety app with, you need to press down (or maybe up) until FBI with banner app is displayed. This was the reason we create the FBI with banner app in the previous steps.

I think you should really read through the guide again at least the summary parts before you start doing each if the sections. It will make a lot more sense and you will be less likely to brick.

Figured it out. (And this goes back to something I mentioned earlier.) I have 2 icons for 'Decrypt9' on my Homebrew menu. I used the 2nd one and everything worked perfectly. Same steps. I think what might have screwed me up is when I did that "copy all the files back to your SD card" and there was already a startup.bin and a boot.3dsx on my SD card and I skipped copying those files back. Because after I did that and next time I held down the d-pad to boot into homebrew, it unzipped a ton of programs and presented me the new homebrew menu.

LeifEricson

Coming Soon™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi so when I use smchax on o3ds 11.0.0.33U I can't launch any sort of save manager or the sploit installer after switching the cart to OoT. It just starts to load and then hangs on a yellow screen.

I really want to install the new updated oothax for my old 3ds so I can use smchax on my new 3ds. Any ideas why this is happening? Other homebrew, and when other cartridges are inserted, work fine.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I downgrade, It said "an error has occured" and I think I should do partial downgrade but I cant reach my homebrew launcher. I can only reach home menu if I remove SD card and It says my version is 9.2. What can I do now?
If you haven't figured this out by now, you remove your SD Card to boot into your 3DS, then you insert it back. You'll need to use the browserhax exploit or whatever cartridge based exploit you were using, to run the downgrader again via the homebrew menu, it should finish pretty fast the second time around. And you should be fine after that.

methamz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't figured this out by now, you remove your SD Card to boot into your 3DS, then you insert it back. You'll need to use the browserhax exploit or whatever cartridge based exploit you were using, to run the downgrader again via the homebrew menu, it should finish pretty fast the second time around. And you should be fine after that.

Thanks, It worked... I followed all instructions at the end of part 3. But I dont know what to do now. Im at 9.2 and Emu 11.0 on RedNand. Im not sure if I follow part 4 or 5.

Last edited by methamz,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, It worked... I followed all instructions at the end of part 3. But I dont know what to do now. Im at 9.2 and Emu 11.0. Im not sure if I follow part 4 or 5.
If you want A9LH, then you have to finish Part 4 and 5.

If you want to stay on a menuhax+rednand//emunand setup, then you have to at least finish up to Part 4, Section 2. However, you'll have to go out of your way to setup autoboot and improving your bootrate, as Plailect's A9LH Guide doesn't cover this. I made a guide that is basically a re-written version of it for MenuHax+RedNAND//EmuNAND users: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...s-full-menuhax-rednand-autoboot-setup.432499/

But again, that's only for people who are too afraid or scared to finish the whole A9LH process. If you are not one of those people, then continue on with Part 4 and Part 5, without stopping or skipping anything.

methamz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want A9LH, then you have to finish Part 4 and 5.

If you want to stay on a menuhax+rednand//emunand setup, then you have to at least finish up to Part 4, Section 2. However, you'll have to go out of your way to setup autoboot and improving your bootrate, as Plailect's A9LH Guide doesn't cover this. I made a guide that is basically a re-written version of it for MenuHax+RedNAND//EmuNAND users: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...s-full-menuhax-rednand-autoboot-setup.432499/

But again, that's only for people who are too afraid or scared to finish the whole A9LH process. If you are not one of those people, then continue on with Part 4 and Part 5, without stopping or skipping anything.

So, I should downgrade to 2.1.0 now?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thinking about getting the new 3ds XL. but.... i have a 2DS and i want to know if it's possbile to transfer my CFW to from the 2DS to the new 3ds XL through the system trasnfer or some sort of computer program?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thinking about getting the new 3ds XL. but.... i have a 2DS and i want to know if it's possbile to transfer my CFW to from the 2DS to the new 3ds XL through the system trasnfer or some sort of computer program?
No. You need to do re-do whatever it is you did, to get CFW on your N3DS. If it was that simple to transfer CFW, I think we'd all be doing it as an alternative means to installing CFW.

Edit: if you are talking about transferring your stuff over, so long as you have setup CFW on the N3DS, you should be pretty good to go to do a system transfer, any stuff you don't legitimately own, will not transfer over, as such you'll want to backup your saves using JKSM, and once the transfer is complete, re-install those games again.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,

methamz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not going to tell you what to do. I'll just repeat myself, if you want A9LH, then you have to continue on with Part 4 and finish it, and then do Part 5, and also finish that too.
I get black screen while I try to launch OTPhelper. How can I get rid of it? I tried lots of time.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know Im asking too much but after I backup SysNAND and EmuNAND I cant find "sysNAND_original.bin.sha" and "emuNAND_original.bin.sha" Im doing something wrong?
They should be on the root of your SD Card. Are you sure you made the backup? How long did it take? If they're not there, then you'll have to make them again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer