Hacking 3DS Homebrew Channel!

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, we are on to something now, but what can be ways to get the homebrew channel installed? Can their be things similar like the wii? fae: Letterbomb - sd - messages - mail thing...
No.
Also, who is "we"?
Can you please explain even a bit of what is happening in the picture?
We = all of us, we are combining our ideas, im not taking everyone in
credit.

e is "able to edit live RAM, which is an invaluable necessity towards the goal of a future Homebrew Channel. With this setup, it makes it much easier to locate system bugs that would otherwise remain hidden. One would also have deep insight into the 3DS's various encryption and decryption algorithms, as they can now be seen as they are running live"

I am just wondering what did he do to get on to this.
Calm down, okay?

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, we are on to something now, but what can be ways to get the homebrew channel installed? Can their be things similar like the wii? fae: Letterbomb - sd - messages - mail thing...
No.
Also, who is "we"?
Can you please explain even a bit of what is happening in the picture?
We = all of us, we are combining our ideas, im not taking everyone in
credit.

e is "able to edit live RAM, which is an invaluable necessity towards the goal of a future Homebrew Channel. With this setup, it makes it much easier to locate system bugs that would otherwise remain hidden. One would also have deep insight into the 3DS's various encryption and decryption algorithms, as they can now be seen as they are running live"

I am just wondering what did he do to get on to this.
Calm down, okay?
Saying "we" did anything is taking credit for something that you don't deserve credit for.
He did all of this, and you have absolutely no idea how.

Reactions: 2 people
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
um no im not. I am noticing peoples contributions

its not like the we word is going to end the world, once again calm down!!!

let us not speak about this rubbish.

Now im going for some coffee. I ain't talking to you :)

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um no im not. I am noticing peoples contributions

its not like the we word is going to end the world, once again calm down!!!

let us not speak about this rubbish.

Now im going for some coffee. I ain't talking to you :)

Use of the term "we" implies membership and inclusion in a group of something you're not really a part of. I've used the example and I'll use it many times to come: when people say, in reference to their favorite football team: "Yeah, we won!" When in reality they didn't win jack shit. The players did, not the fans.

Your use of the term "we" is claiming inclusion into the group of hackers working on creating an exploit for the 3DS, or even just better documenting the hardware. You're not a hacker. You're a leech. I'm a leech. Almost every single person on this forum is a leech. The hackers make the hacks, we the community, the leeches, use them.

And we, the community, are not, in my honest opinion, anywhere near having a hack developed and distributed to us. Editing the contents of RAM to make a channel read something different is good progress, but in the setup he has it's impractical and it still doesn't directly lead to any exploits. Just because you can get an engine to crank doesn't mean it's ever going to start.

SanoKeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What xAC3L3G3NDx just wanted to say, was that we have something here, Not claiming that "We did this", or that "We worked on this", just that there's something here, and we're dicussing it, that's all, it's not that hard to get it.

Everyone, pro hacker, pro programer (lol?), gamers, noobs, everyone here, that drops an idea, good or bad, could somehow help to get the hack one way or the other, so, let's just wait and try to help to the cause, maybe we can help someone like Neimod to find some sort of clue that he's looking for or something.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's funny that out of this thread all we've gotten was a bunch of people not understand the concept of the grouping term "we" and how it doesn't necessarily mean you have to be directly involved.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's funny that out of this thread all we've gotten was a bunch of people not understand the concept of the grouping term "we" and how it doesn't necessarily mean you have to be directly involved.

"We" IS a grouping term. If you're not involved, you're not in the group. If you're using "we", you're claiming to be in the group. The very group you're not in, because you're not involved.

I think we (the ones who are arguing this) understand it better.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"We" IS a grouping term. If you're not involved, you're not in the group. If you're using "we", you're claiming to be in the group. The very group you're not in, because you're not involved.

I think we (the ones who are arguing this) understand it better.
Did you learn that in your high school English class?

SanoKeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

hahaha

Well, anyway, getting back on what xAC3L3G3NDx was on, whoever made that homebrew channel (not sure if neimod cause of the comments of the img), If he was able to edit live RAM, I guess the best way to go would be trying to apply some code to extract the decrypted keys to start the 3DS scene. Maybe I'm guessing wrong, I dunno, I'm just assuming that editing ram could help to pass the sign check, It's like the way some virus act, wild comparison, but editing live ram can help to insert code into some running application. Anyway, if the banner could be edited, what else can be?

LTK

Trophies
XP
Country
come one we are so close to having something we can all enjoy and yet here we are arguing over semantics. We should not be discussing correct use of words but instead we should be seeing if we can verify the screenshot. If you ask me we can tell it's fake if we just look at what he wrote. Why would he even include the bit about photoshop if it was real? maybe to throw us off track? we may never know. For now if we don't get our hopes up maybe we can get the thread back on track without resulting to flinging insults around.

We can do it!

Reactions: Margen67

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
come one we are so close to having something we can all enjoy and yet here we are arguing over semantics. We should not be discussing correct use of words but instead we should be seeing if we can verify the screenshot. If you ask me we can tell it's fake if we just look at what he wrote. Why would he even include the bit about photoshop if it was real? maybe to throw us off track? we may never know. For now if we don't get our hopes up maybe we can get the thread back on track without resulting to flinging insults around.

We can do it!
We already know it's real, and we aren't close to having something at all.

Reactions: Margen67

LTK

Trophies
XP
Country

We can do it!
We already know it's real, and we aren't close to having something at all.

Sorry I was just trying to use "we" as many times as possible whilst spouting nonsense.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't you have enough already to argue about grammar and keeping this offtopic?
I thought it was an interesting and legit progress about 3DS hacking.
This topic doesn't deserve to fell into the same unuseful level of the other 3DS threads on this forum.

I waited a little, but you don't seem capable of controlling yourself, you need someone to ask you?
Please stop now.
Thank you.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks fake, because it just looks like a TEXT EDIT of the System Settings icon.
Because it is literally all I'm seeing, I fail to see how this is PROGRESS of any KIND!
The System Settings icon is right after the Download Play icon, which is what we can clearly see in the picture.
So...... To settle the conflict... LAUNCH the application and tell me it doesn't lead into the System Settings! If it doesn't fair enough but....PROVE IT!
You do understand that this by no means is a app but a proof of concept saying that its possible to edit live RAM (the change of the system settings banner is just that, a quick edit in the ram.) it will still boot settings no matter what.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks fake, because it just looks like a TEXT EDIT of the System Settings icon.
Because it is literally all I'm seeing, I fail to see how this is PROGRESS of any KIND!
The System Settings icon is right after the Download Play icon, which is what we can clearly see in the picture.
So...... To settle the conflict... LAUNCH the application and tell me it doesn't lead into the System Settings! If it doesn't fair enough but....PROVE IT!

I fail to see how you have enough knowledge to make that post.
When you can do even TEXT EDIT of System Settings on the physical 3DS console TELL US. You'd see how hard neimod worked and what an accomplishment this was.

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...