Nicro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Heya,
I have an "old" WiiU I wanted to start using again. It's currently got Haxchi (Without CBHC) and d2x-clOS v10 for the vWii. Not sure which entrypoint I used but it came from WiiU, probably a Mii-channel-exploit. As well as various homebrew apps and bits. I have a full Wiiu NAND-Backup as well as a nand.bin of 528MB (vWii-Backup?), both should be "clean" and I have otp.bin and keys.txt.

Right now everything assumes a Tiramisu/Aurora setup and clOS is now apparently v11beta1, so I see that as my goal-state. Because I don't know how any of the current bits and pieces would interact with the new setup, my instinct is to aim for a full wipe and then build from scratch. So my plan would be:
1. Run through vWii Decaffeinator in aggressive mode.
2. Remove the Haxchi DS title,
3. Do a factory reset
3.5. Assume that the Console is now "clean" (Are there any mods that could survive this?)
4. Run through wiiu.hacks.guide for Tiramisu and vWii
5. Install apps, re-dump games as needed, enjoy life, etc.

On the topic of Loaders I was using USBLoaderGX+Nintendont, from what I can see, Wiiflow Lite seems to be preferred now, is that the case?

For my Switch and 3ds I know that EmuNAND is recommended for keeping a "clean" SysNAND, which then avoids bricks and mitigates bans (and SWAT raids \s). I know that UNEEK is available for the vWii and saw conflicting reports on NEEK2o, is that worth setting up, is there an EmuNAND for WiiU? I have two 500GB HDDs that I used for WiiU-formatted storage and vWII/Nintendont respectively. On checking them now one had a single relocated sector, dropping SMART into an alarm state, the other is error free with 141 Power-On hours. So if there should be an EmuNAND, it'll live there.

Can someone give me a sanity-check on this and catch me up on what I might have missed?
Thanks in advance.

Trophies
XP
Unless you have CBHC there's really no need to be that thorough.

If you have standard Haxchi, just delete it from storage settings and then follow the official guide.

If you have CBHC, then go through the uninstallation process, once that's complete go through with the guide.

Doing a NAND backup is fine, it's actually recommended. But doing a full sys-wipe is totally overkill, although if you'd like to do it for peace of mind? Go ahead.

On the topic of Loaders I was using USBLoaderGX+Nintendont, from what I can see, Wiiflow Lite seems to be preferred now, is that the case?

Whichever works. As long as you're happy with your setup there's not need to change anything vWii side.

For my Switch and 3ds I know that EmuNAND is recommended for keeping a "clean" SysNAND, which then avoids bricks and mitigates bans (and SWAT raids \s). I know that UNEEK is available for the vWii and saw conflicting reports on NEEK2o, is that worth setting up, is there an EmuNAND for WiiU? I have two 500GB HDDs that I used for WiiU-formatted storage and vWII/Nintendont respectively. On checking them now one had a single relocated sector, dropping SMART into an alarm state, the other is error free with 141 Power-On hours. So if there should be an EmuNAND, it'll live there.

Pardon my ignorance on the vWii side, I literally never messed with it apart from getting an N64 emulator. But the only thing EmuNAND wise that I know of on the actual Wii U side is RedNAND which is mainly meant for testing risky applications like if you were making your own CFW, or an app that messes with stuff, etc. There's no real use for it for a regular user.

Apart from that, no idea. Sorry. Maybe someone who was actually into the vWii side can pick up where I can't.

Nicro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the swift reply.
Doing a NAND backup is fine, it's actually recommended. But doing a full sys-wipe is totally overkill, although if you'd like to do it for peace of mind? Go ahead.
I was more wondering if the backup I had would be useful for the wipe. No real need to make one of a state I'm not attached to.
Also yeah Haxchi being warmboot means that it can just be removed with no leftovers (via DS title)

I mainly wanted the wipe because most things on there would be outdated anyway. I also want the new additions to clOS, but don't know about IOS bases and slots short of blindly following the guide, so not sure if an update would just involve installing over the old mod.
But that's vWii stuff.

I'll just try wiiflow and see what happens.

EmuNAND is just what I know from other consoles and saw being a thing for vWii, I won't really be a poweruser, so I'm totally fine with SysNAND here. If I had gone EmuNAND, I would have gone full wipe just to separate homebrew from the console, but without it, I'll be fine with just cleaning up the apps a bit.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good morning,

simply uninstall Haxchi from the settings, then update your wii U, if this is not done.

for vwii mode follow this guide ==>https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/vwii-modding

installing the new CIOS will overwrite the old CIOS, don't be afraid.

then update your GX loader, if that's the one you're using.

for wii U mode, follow this ==>https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/

Reactions: Nicro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1