Hacking 3DS Hack: "We hacked it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
Never followed them, so I don't know the sincerity of it. A simple "seems likely" or "not really likely" would have helped more. :P

Yes. there is a hack in the pipeline. but right now it's looking to be VERY patchable, so the 3dBrew guys are keeping it secret so that they can use the access they have to hunt for better exploits, and explore the innards of the 3DS to document it for later research.

For people like you and me, it's exciting news since it's a foot in the door, but don't expect to go out and buy a 3ds flashcart anytime soon.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I don't know about Neimod and his high horse (or damage control ;)) but considering someone sent that pic that a modchip seller I think we'll have a cart or some device in 2013... I just hope they can keep it a secret and hold off on selling anything until the inevitable 3DS redesign

opal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I am ok with a hardware hack, I would even buy a modchip to let the 3DS play backups :)

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Nand/private/movable.sed
"It's unknown whether movable.sed exists on development units."

Yellows8 wrote that, so he (or rather team twiizers) dumped their retail movable.sed. I actually questioned why he would write what he did a few pages back. I guess it's just an FYI.
But, by the time everyone is able to dump their own movable.sed (IF that time ever comes) we will have NAND access and thus we won't need a savegame exploit.
My bad!!! Like I said, "From what I recall". I should have checked before posting though... Either way, at least the progression is on retail consoles and not dev units!!!

thealeks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about Neimod and his high horse (or damage control ;)) but considering someone sent that pic that a modchip seller I think we'll have a cart or some device in 2013... I just hope they can keep it a secret and hold off on selling anything until the inevitable 3DS redesign

Why would ninty redesign the 3ds? It would cost them way too much because people would all want a redesigned 3ds and so they would either have to fork out 3ds's to everyone or call it the next ds iteration(not to mention the redesign costs), which would render the 3ds outdated when theres still to much money to be made on it. When was the last time they redesigned a handheld or console less than 2 years after it came out? They arent going to change it just because greedy kids like you complain. They already dropped the price by $80 and gave out free games to everyone who bought it at original price. You dont like it? Design your own. Good luck putting all the features you demand in it and keeping the price under $300.

Reactions: RukaRoaw

RukaRoaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would ninty redesign the 3ds? It would cost them way too much because people would all want a redesigned 3ds and so they would either have to fork out 3ds's to everyone or call it the next ds iteration(not to mention the redesign costs), which would render the 3ds outdated when theres still to much money to be made on it. When was the last time they redesigned a handheld or console less than 2 years after it came out? They arent going to change it just because greedy kids like you complain. They already dropped the price by $80 and gave out free games to everyone who bought it at original price. You dont like it? Design your own. Good luck putting all the features you demand in it and keeping the price under $300.

If they are referring to the line issue on the original 3DS, it has been fixed on the 3DS XL. Even though the issue has not been fixed on the 3DS(Regular), there are still ways to prevent the top screen from being scratched, such as putting "rubber feet"(like the ones on the side of the Wii, or the bottom of the Xbox 360) on the top screen, placing clothe on the bottom screen before closing the 3DS, or using a special kind of screen protector.

Attachments

• 385854_218689841539436_48911835_n.jpg
    385854_218689841539436_48911835_n.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 307

thealeks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are referring to the line issue on the original 3DS, it has been fixed on the 3DS XL. Even though the issue has not been fixed on the 3DS(Regular), there are still ways to prevent the top screen from being scratched, such as putting "rubber feet"(like the ones on the side of the Wii, or the bottom of the Xbox 360) on the top screen, placing clothe on the bottom screen before closing the 3DS, or using a special kind of screen protector.
Why would he want flash cart makers to hold off for a minor screen redesign? He sounds like another one of those "remake the 3ds the way I want it" noobs to me

AACThaKid

Dark Wolf is watching
Trophies
Website
soundclick.com
XP
Country
United States
okay???????????????????

page, after page, after page...... all i see are post about this and that person said this and that....... some post of coding of what i do not understand(im not that dang smart.... im not really that smart at all), and links of this & That on the 3dsbrew page.............

OVERALL:
1-is it hacked ?
2-can it be hacked? or is this a lead to go on?

everytime i look at this thread i see more and more stuff that has nothing to do with it or has me :wacko:.. you know lol, i can't be on here all the time/be up to date on it much cuz of my family, life
& music

p.s. i was reading page 42 when i made this post

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or, or. Maybe Nintendo will throw out a upgraded 3DS.

PSP 1000->2000->3000
DS Phat->DS Lite
PS3 Phat->PS3 Slim
Phat 360->Slim 360

There's always room for improvement. He wasn't hoping for flash cart makers, to hold off for a simple redesign. He was hoping for them to hold off for the "inevitable" 3DS redesign. (Which I don't believe is going to happen, but hey. I'm not Nintendo.) Holding off a modifications on the basis that a new 3DS redesign will be released is pointless. Who knows when it'd come out if at all. They gave the Ambassador games to shut people up, so I doubt that a redesign would warrant another "free games" bonanza. Just because someone wants something changed does in no way make them a "noob". You both are insinuating that he was talking about minor redesigns, when he didn't specifically specify the changes. I could go for a 3DS Lite with a built in circle pad, does that make me a noob?

Reactions: nukeboy95

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I could go for a 3DS Lite with a built in circle pad, does that make me a noob?
I would too.

Personally, I think Nintendo feels a little bit too comfortable on the market. They have good reasons to, but this is a bad thing as it leads to overlooking many issues that could have been resolved at the drawing table. Look back to the release of the PSP - what was the most major complaint that followed the console throughout its lifespan that was related to hardware? You guessed it - a single analog slider, and one in an awkward position at that.

Now, the PSP was first released December 2004, the 3DS was released February 2011. All this time nobody in Nintendo looked at what kinds of problems the competition has with their hardware as to avoid them in their successor - not one person thought "Wow, we should probably include dual analog, huh?".

This is a glaring issue, not because the fact that dual analog is pretty much necessary for certain kinds of games - this is an issue because it shows how self-confidence can cause damage to a company and its products.

Sure, Nintendo retconned the situation with the release of the Circlepad Pro, it's like a stain on the release now - in the future, people will look back to this add-on and think along the lines of the 32X - it's hideous and unnecessary.

That feature should've been built-in stock, but nobody at the drawing table brought it up. The designers had previous Nintendo consoles in mind when designing the 3DS, but not the competition and how they could best them, or at least not enough to notice the problem before the final draft of the project was ready.

I wouldn't mind if the original 3DS was a tad bigger as long as it'd have a comfortable dual analog build, and I sincerely hope that the 3DS's successor or subsequent revision will feature the second slider stock.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because Sony and Microsoft haven't put out different revisions for their PS3s and 360s respectively without giving everyone a new console, right?

Reactions: porkiewpyne

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay???????????????????

page, after page, after page...... all i see are post about this and that person said this and that....... some post of coding of what i do not understand(im not that dang smart.... im not really that smart at all), and links of this & That on the 3dsbrew page.............

OVERALL:
1-is it hacked ?
2-can it be hacked? or is this a lead to go on?

everytime i look at this thread i see more and more stuff that has nothing to do with it or has me :wacko:.. you know lol, i can't be on here all the time/be up to date on it much cuz of my family, life
& music

p.s. i was reading page 42 when i made this post

This thread can be summed up in five words: the hack is a lie.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Or, or. Maybe Nintendo will throw out a upgraded 3DS.

PSP 1000->2000->3000
DS Phat->DS Lite
PS3 Phat->PS3 Slim
Phat 360->Slim 360

There's always room for improvement. He wasn't hoping for flash cart makers, to hold off for a simple redesign. He was hoping for them to hold off for the "inevitable" 3DS redesign. (Which I don't believe is going to happen, but hey. I'm not Nintendo.) Holding off a modifications on the basis that a new 3DS redesign will be released is pointless. Who knows when it'd come out if at all. They gave the Ambassador games to shut people up, so I doubt that a redesign would warrant another "free games" bonanza. Just because someone wants something changed does in no way make them a "noob". You both are insinuating that he was talking about minor redesigns, when he didn't specifically specify the changes. I could go for a 3DS Lite with a built in circle pad, does that make me a noob?

3DS->3DSXL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1