Hacking 3DS Hack: "We hacked it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really enjoy just watching how they can tinker around with the thing in order to make it do things, other than what it is meant for. I'm a bit of a tinkerer myself.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
niemods jtag hack looks like it could be sold if It causes an Exploit. Just modify a bunch of game carts and package a fpga with software. but that still would be really noob unfriendly.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Nintendo is probably following this forum, and is already creating a FW update ;) So in a way forums/sites like this reporting hacks is a double sword!

No, it doesn't work that way. They can't fix a hack just by knowing there is a hack, they'd need at least some details like the name of the game to investigate.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it doesn't work that way. They can't fix a hack just by knowing there is a hack, they'd need at least some details like the name of the game to investigate.

Exactly. if that were the case, the Sony Employees that lurk around over at wololo.net would of patched the eCFW for the PS Vita PSP EMU everytime one was announced without a game name. they *could* patch it but its extremely unlikely since they need to update the firmware and/or game to blacklist the exploited save. and that requires the game to be known and the particular exploit to be found so it can be blacklisted.

same goes for the 3DS. but Nintendo *could* fix it if they happen to find and patch that particular exploit by pure dumb luck.

Reactions: eyecat14

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If niemods jtag hack, is the public method used to hack the 3ds, looks like there will be shops selling the wire that plugs into the game slot.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If niemods jtag hack, is the public method used to hack the 3ds, looks like there will be shops selling the wire that plugs into the game slot.
The way the hack works is he uses a fpga, a special computer. The fpga provides a link between the 3ds and a PC. I don't know enough about the hack , but I'l guess that the hack is a save game hack.

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me, this sheds light as to what the exploit may concern:

http://www.3dbrew.org/w/index.php?title=3DS_exploits&curid=95&diff=4549&oldid=4519

Look at the text block on the right-side of the screen (green background)

That IS a extremely interesting tid bit... However, did they really attack it? I mean, it seems they are hitting something inside a Cart Game, not the extdata and save games on the SD card according to some of the Pics we have seen from Neimod, or is the game with the Save Exploit available on eshop also?... Plus, how does one dump the movable.sed.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That IS a extremely interesting tid bit... However, did they really attack it? I mean, it seems they are hitting something inside a Cart Game, not the extdata and save games on the SD card according to some of the Pics we have seen from Neimod, or is the game with the Save Exploit available on eshop also?... Plus, how does one dump the movable.sed.
From what I recall, the "movable.sed" file is only able to be dumped on a dev-unit, or at least for now....

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I recall, the "movable.sed" file is only able to be dumped on a dev-unit, or at least for now....

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Nand/private/movable.sed
"It's unknown whether movable.sed exists on development units."

Yellows8 wrote that, so he (or rather team twiizers) dumped their retail movable.sed. I actually questioned why he would write what he did a few pages back. I guess it's just an FYI.
But, by the time everyone is able to dump their own movable.sed (IF that time ever comes) we will have NAND access and thus we won't need a savegame exploit.

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Nand/private/movable.sed
"It's unknown whether movable.sed exists on development units."

Yellows8 wrote that, so he (or rather team twiizers) dumped their retail movable.sed. I actually questioned why he would write what he did a few pages back. I guess it's just an FYI.
But, by the time everyone is able to dump their own movable.sed (IF that time ever comes) we will have NAND access and thus we won't need a savegame exploit.
Unless you just want to access your save data and edit it for some reason.

D

Deleted-188346

I'm glad people have found a hack. Watch how nintendo come out with a new 3DS like sony did.
Watch how they don't come out with a new 3DS, actually. Infact, the PSP Go is a warning to other companies to not create new hardware that restricts the user as a retaliation against hacking.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been following this too much, but has it been confirmed that there is, in fact, a hack in the pipeline for the 3DS? I thought this was very likely doctored fluff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2: +1