Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
your posts just keep on getting more and more confusing can you please just explain it clearly for me
when you say
"the boot_hb.3dsx needs to become boot.3dsx" a what are you telling me? to rename the boot_hb.3dsx to boot.3dsx ?

"drag over the 3ds folder from the release" but i already have a 3ds folder on the root of my sd , i already copied the 2 files that were inside of the 3ds folder in the release into the 3ds folder on the root of my sd card , so is that all i needed to do for that step?

"Both the boot.3dsx and the boot_hb.3dsx are on the root of the SD for your 3ds." wait ,what?
i thought you just said or implied i needed to rename the boot_hb.3dsx to boot.3dsx ?
you are not making any sense at all
You could literally just install b9s in ten minutes and be done. There are super clear instructions on https://3ds.guide. If you want to do something unusual then the onus is on you to work it out, not get spoon-fed. If you want to get spoon-fed then do the same thing everyone else is doing, then people won't mind as there are plenty of noobs all having trouble with the same thing. I would not blame @CrimsonMaple for no longer responding to you at this point.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could literally just install b9s in ten minutes and be done. There are super clear instructions on https://3ds.guide. If you want to do something unusual then the onus is on you to work it out, not get spoon-fed. If you want to get spoon-fed then do the same thing everyone else is doing, then people won't mind as there are plenty of noobs all having trouble with the same thing. I would not blame @CrimsonMaple for no longer responding to you at this point.
i am not blaming anyone i am just asking him to explain his autism
how is it being spoon fed he didn't even post a readme on his autism hub page for the fork that explain anything about his project

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
how is it being spoon fed he didn't even post a readme on his autism hub page for the fork that explain anything about his project
What the? What does any of this have to do with autism? And what project are you talking about? As far as I can tell he was helping you update ReiNAND. And he was being incredibly nice. No one else I know.of would have bothered acceding to your weird requests, and just told you to install b9s.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the? What does any of this have to do with autism? And what project are you talking about? As far as I can tell he was helping you update ReiNAND.
the project i am talking about is his fork or reinand
because autism is a the inability to communicate with other human being s,
and this exactly what almost everyone in all these scenes has
an inability to clearly communicate
i ask for specific answers and i get vague ambiguous statements that are open to 50 different interpretations

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
the project i am talking about is his fork or reinand
because autism is a the inability to communicate with other human being s,
and this exactly what almost everyone in all these scenes has
an inability to clearly communicate
i ask for specific answers and i get vague ambiguous statements that are open to 50 different interpretations
What makes you think he has autism? You are being incredibly offensive right now. I understood every word of what he said. I think either your English skills or your computer literacy need improving. Or both.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
are you serious? i am not saying he literally has autism , i am obviously being sarcastic because he is not communicating his ideas and his work clearly
That's, like, really, really offensive. Same as calling someone retarded because they dropped something or got an answer wrong on a test. If you don't know that... geez. Good luck to you out in the world.
Oh and like I said, I understood everything he said. The problem is yours.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's, like, really, really offensive. Same as calling someone retarded because they dropped something or got an answer wrong on a test. If you don't know that... geez. Good luck to you out in the world.
facts are offensive

i am just saying he is noot good at explaining his work how is that offensive

mrjoshuaco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's literally no cons. Nothing was patched like ctr-httpwn was in 11.4. Just update.
Isn't NTR CFW broken with this update and (obviously) unpatched?

facts are offensive

i am just saying he is noot good at explaining his work how is that offensive
Why anyone is even remotely interested in continuing to help you is beyond me. You are neither entitled to, nor do you deserve, it based on this display. That you're calling anyone else here autistic, even in jest, = top keks.

Reactions: Quantumcat

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calling someone autistic is very offensive
And he is perfectly good at explaining, the communication problem such as it is lies with you and you alone.
no he is not at all
all he has to do is say the exact file path and folder and what the name of the file is and where to put it and weather or not to rename it and to what if it needs to be renamed
without being totally ambiguous it is really not hat hard

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Isn't NTR CFW broken with this update and (obviously) unpatched?

Why anyone is even remotely interested in continuing to help you is beyond me. You are neither entitled to, nor do you deserve, it based on this display. That you're calling anyone else here autistic, even in jest, = top keks.
why bother making something if you are not going to clearly explain it so that others can use it? i don't call that being "entitled"
why publish it and make it public at all then?
publishing something and not providing any explanation is the definition of autism

Last edited by weatMod,

mrjoshuaco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why bother making something if you are not going to clearly explain so others can use it? i don't call that being "entitled"
why publish at all then?
publishing something and not providing any explanation is the definition of autism

A few things here. There is an easy to follow guide that achieves full CFW - you are free to avail yourself of this resource AT ANY TIME. There are outlier cases, of which you are one (almost entirely at your own insistence I might add), that may warrant additional assistance. Using the search function, you can almost assuredly find the solution by educating yourself. Asking others is a shortcut and their time is a privilege. To expect that to be provided in the face of petulant outbursts and sarcasm is the very definition of entitlement. And your definition of autism is not the definition of autism. It's simply how you are defining it as a sarcastic pejorative.

In other words, correct your attitude and folks may be more inclined to help you solve your problem. If you don't, you shouldn't be surprised when you're on an island by yourself.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few things here. There is an easy to follow guide that achieves full CFW - you are free to avail yourself of this resource AT ANY TIME. There are outlier cases, of which you are one (almost entirely at your own insistence I might add), that may warrant additional assistance. Using the search function, you can almost assuredly find the solution by educating yourself. Asking others is a shortcut and their time is a privilege. To expect that to be provided in the face of petulant outbursts and sarcasm is the very definition of entitlement. And your definition of autism is not the definition of autism. It's simply how you are defining it as a sarcastic pejorative.

In other words, correct your attitude and folks may be more inclined to help you solve your problem. If you don't, you shouldn't be surprised when you're on an island by yourself.

it's a fuckigng joke jesus christ get over it

yes i already search it and there is literally zero information no how to update reinand
let alone how to update when you are using ctr boot manager and even like a year ago or more when i needed to there was no information on it
i never said i expected anyone to do anything
i never said i was entitle to help i just simply asked him to explain and not be ambiguous
why is getting a simple straight answer like pulling fucking teeth around here

and saying i am putting myself on an island is pretty ironic don't you think?

if anything he is putting his hard work on an island by itself by by ensuring nobody will be able to use it
i mean you know people like me the rare few who actually have any desire to use it

Last edited by weatMod,

mrjoshuaco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i already search it and there is literally zero information no how to update reinand
let alone how to update when you are using ctr boot manager and even like a year ago or more when i needed to there was no information on it
It took me less than 4 minutes (literally) to find the answer and I know much about using shit like this alongside CTR boot since I use it to chainload Gateway (when I need it for building cheats) so I've got a nice bit of experience with it. Had you come correct, I'd have answered your question. That ship has sailed and left the proverbial island.

if anything he is putting his hard work on an island by ensuring nobody will be able to use
i mean you know people like me the rare few who actually have any desire to use it
I'm sure it's a development that he, and everyone else in this thread, will assuredly lose sleep over.

Sorry for the diversion, mods. I'm done with him now. I just get tired of seeing this unappreciative nonsense.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i never said i was entitle to help i just simply asked him to explain and not be ambiguous
It took me less than 4 minutes (literally) to find the answer and I know much about using shit like this alongside CTR boot since I use it to chainload Gateway (when I need it for building cheats) so I've got a nice bit of experience with it. Had you come correct, I'd have answered your question. That ship has sailed and left the proverbial island.

I'm sure it's a development that he, and everyone else in this thread, will assuredly lose sleep over.

Sorry for the diversion, mods. I'm done with him now. I just get tired of seeing this unappreciative nonsense.
you are a twat

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

and saying i am putting myself on an island is pretty ironic don't you think?

if anything he is putting his hard work on an island by itself by by ensuring nobody will be able to use it

calm down, man. I don't know about you, but I hate to see arguments on forums especially if I get in the middle of one. I can't handle that sort of stress. the best thing to do is just walk away. what you're doing now is making it worse.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
calm down, man. I don't know about you, but I hate to see arguments on forums especially if I get in the middle of one. I can't handle that sort of stress. the best thing to do is just walk away. what you're doing now is making it worse.
i know you are right i am done
i was not looking for any drama just a clear direct answer to my question with no ambiguity
but unfortunatly things always devolve like this on this site
people care more about being indignatious PC principals than about helping other members, sad

Last edited by weatMod,

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
Jesus dude, do you really need to call me autistic? I tried to help you, and thought I gave you very clear instructions. My bad for trying to be kind to you.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know you are right i am done
i was not looking for any drama just a clear direct answer to my question with no ambiguity
but unfortunatly things always devolve like this on this site
Jesus dude, do you really need to call me autistic? I tried to help you, and thought I gave you very clear instructions. My bad for trying to be kind to you.
oh jesus fucking Christ i am saying you are not communicating clearly i am not literally calling you autistic

i admit i am partly at fault for not immediately disclosing i was using ctr boot, but i for the life of me could not remember the official name of it

and BTW yes thanks for trying to help i did get it boot finally just now but i lost ctr boot manger
and i am not sure if i accidentally lost homebrew in the 3ds folder when i merged them

Last edited by weatMod,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it didn't sound like I was siding with anyone. I was merely trying to diffuse the situation for everyone's peace of mind. I don't like to see people get their feelings hurt online even though I don't know them personally. I have empathy like that. things like this tend to escalate which is not something I or I'm sure others want to see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...