3DS 11.4 Firmware Update Available

0hnqi7q.png

Just today, Nintendo 3DS firmware 11.4.0-37 has been released. I saw no other posts on this so far, so I am posting it. Here is what I found so far has been either temporarily or permanently broken/patched.

BootNTR Selector: Working with latest version (2.7.3)

UDSploit: Patched

Soundhax: Patched (Finally Nintendo... Lmao)

Safehax: Doesn't work without UDSploit, so therefore broken.

11.4.0-37 fixes the slowdown bug for some games like OOT3D that 11.3.0-36 has introduced. Confirmed by @Feffe

Please let me know if anything else got patched. Yes, of course, if you have A9LH+Luma3DS, you can safely update.

Last edited by Deleted member 350372, , Reason: BootNTR Selector got updated hours ago for 11.4 support! :D

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Homebrew launcher just needs the latest payloads.
Launchers like FBI will always work if they were installed through a CIA. Those basically work through signature patches done to the NAND. So basically as long as your CFW still boots, you should be able to continue booting into homebrew apps.

What about homebrew launcher as CIA? Same as FBI?

jmhannz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about homebrew launcher as CIA? Same as FBI?
me personally the CIA of homebrew doesnt launch anymore, but people are saying update your luma and it works again - i will try this when i get home and hopefully by then i can just update through lumaupdater to the nightly.

Reactions: pustal

jkam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the noobish question and I did read the thread but just want to make sure I'm on the right line of thinking here:

I just recently installed CFW on a few 3DS(s). When I did it they were all 11.2 or under and used the guide to install A9LH (w\ Luma) Decrypt9\Hourglass9 with the most recent one I did was GodMode9\SafeCTRTransfer (which I assume is the new name or updates to Decrypt and Hourglass).

Although I don't plan to update to 11.4 right away (no immediate need), I just want to make sure I have my ducks lined up.

I have already updated all the 3DS(s) to 11.3 after the CFW install so I get that it's "safe" to update (using the normal updater) once it's installed. I do also realize that certain functions may break with each new update....

So just wondering what's the normal "update" procedure? I know I can update Luma using the updater app. I noticed that everyone mentions updating the payloads, is that what luma updater does or is there individual updates for each function like is HBL a separate update and DS\DSi functionality a separate update? Do you also need to write to the system NAND each time upon updates or is that only when you need the initial exploit? On all N3DS(s) if it makes a difference (sounds like it does with DS\DSi).

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Last edited by jkam,

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
i already have A9LH on my New 3DS (sysnand 11.3E) i am using gateway because of the cheatengine (my Wifi is always off in GW Mode)
hm, if my memory serves me right, you can boot into Luma3DS and Brickway modes, you can stay in Luma3DS for a while until Gatewait releases new support for 11.4 as long as you don't accidentally boot into Brickway without firm protection patches, It's up to yourself to make your own decisions.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Luma-28e6ad33 version is with the bug fix that appeared in update 11.4 or is a different update.
http://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
I'm in doubt because it came out 3 versions.
Look at the message on the right. It tells you about the build.
71f49180: Fix firmlaunch patch (it was broken on 11.4) <- updated patch to fix broken things on 11.4
9b128ebb: Update most recent fpdver <- updated fpdver
28e6ad33: Remove the 11.3 patch that caused bugs... <- removed patch that's no longer needed on 11.4
If you're on 11.4, use 28e6ad33.

Reactions: Ryumaru
Trophies
Country
Canada
Maybe Canada got the update later than the US even if we're the same region...
I literally got the update 1 minute before this comment.
EDIT: I updated to 11.4, and the latest hourly build of Luma3DS is 6.6-28e6ad33, and I am on 6.6-5f8a6120 (not latest) and payloads like Decrypt9WIP, Godmode9 and Hourglass9 seems to be working perfectly. I deleted a file off my SD Card with Godmode9 and backed up the Health and Safety app with Decript9WIP and Hourglass9 to test them. Worked like a charm.

Last edited by OfficialBrony,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9HgJ3SgjpA