Nintendo Switch firmware update 14.1.1 released

Screenshot_20220418-201513_Brave.jpg

Nintendo has put out a brand new system software update for the Nintendo Switch, if you can believe it. To the shock and amazement of all, the newly released official firmware version 14.1.1 does the oh so typical fare of adding some stability to the console. That's all as far as patch notes go, and SciresM already assured Atmosphere users that there shouldn't be any issues with loading the CFW, assuming you're up to date. A version 1.3.2 of Atmosphere should be out soon, according to the team, regardless, which will add some minor features and bug fixes.

:arrow: Source: https://en-americas-support.nintend...tch-system-updates-and-change-history#current

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you asked me why they should add them, if you don't like my answer simply don't reply, no need to be a dick about it. I simply believe folders would be better.
Yeah that's fair, sorry if I came across as particularly dickish.
I totally get why they'd be preferable on the main menu, but I dunno, I kinda like groups where they are personally. I've gotten used to entering the "All Games" menu though, it's nearly muscle memory at this point.

Reactions: SexiestManAlive

Daedalus_

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The emulation for Snes is superior in terms of accuracy compared to the garbage Snes emulation on Wii U, but the game selection is shit compared to the other consoles. There is ZERO defending it.
I deadass only played Starfox and Starfox 2 on the switch, the other games I just had no interest in lmao.

FirM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! Experiencing a huge issue with Tinfoil since updating to OFW 14.1.1.

Everything worked fine before. On a fresh boot into atmos, games will work just fine on my SD card. I'll launch Tinfoil, no problems.

I'll go to install an NSP, and no matter which one, it'll get to 100% and then throw an error saying "Failed to commit to content records".

This will create a spinning black icon for the "installed" game. I can remove this by going into the Switch data management settings, and then try twice to delete the software (the first try will throw an error).

However, all the games on the SD card are now unplayable, and will throw the generic "unable to start software" error message when trying to launch anything.

I've tried removing my "atmosphere", "bootloader" and "sept" folders and then adding the new atmos package for 1.3.1, followed by the sigpatches for 1.3.1/HOS14.1.0 (I was told they'd be exactly the same for 14.1.1). I'm launching using the newest fusee file.

So, what's the deal? Did Tinfoil get an update I don't know about? That's essentially the only link in the chain that I didn't update.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I tend to agree and am finding flashy, bloated GUIs and themes with pretty much anything to be rather gauche, dated, and generally just unnecessary anymore.
But these GUIs are what give Nintendo consoles the charm. Minimalistic GUIs make the switch's home menu look like a crappy version of the Xbox dashboard and PS menu.

Reactions: SexiestManAlive

dh3lix-pooch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
brainhack.de
XP
Country
Germany

Nintendo has put out a brand new system software update for the Nintendo Switch, if you can believe it. To the shock and amazement of all, the newly released official firmware version 14.1.1 does the oh so typical fare of adding some stability to the console. That's all as far as patch notes go, and SciresM already assured Atmosphere users that there shouldn't be any issues with loading the CFW, assuming you're up to date. A version 1.3.2 of Atmosphere should be out soon, according to the team, regardless, which will add some minor features and bug fixes.

:arrow: Source: https://en-americas-support.nintend...tch-system-updates-and-change-history#current

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?