Nintendo Switch firmware 16.1.0 released, Atmosphere updated to support it

switch.png

Just as much as you can rely on Nintendo to add some stability with a firmware update, you can expect Atmosphere to follow suit with a supported patch. Nintendo Switch firmware 16.1.0 is available now to download, bringing with it little more than traditional stability. Likewise, a new Atmosphere release is available that supports the new firmware, in the form of version 1.5.5.

:arrow: Source

Sphaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
and yet (unless private) this the end for lockpik but i doubt we'll see much games (besides the pokemon dllc and DPR ) needs any keys higher for emulation and since most totk updates fix mainly cheating glitches i doubt any good games close to the end of the switches life
Well, I kind of looking forward to the new 2D Mario game and the metal gear collection. I wouldn't be surprised if we'll see some sort of TOTK DLC in the future.
But - I don't worry. If these games need new keys there will be a way to get them, i'm almost sure about it :)

cottero26

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe it's not the right thread to ask, but since this will be the first time I update the Switch I'm a little afraid of messing things up :unsure:
As I said in another topic, the console I bought was already modded so I'm not sure about some stuff. For instance, when I check in the system menù to see my current firmware I see this: 15.0.1|AMS 1.4.0|S
I guess that 15.0.1 it's my official firmware while 1.4.0 it's the AMS version. What the "S" stand for? Do I have to update the console during the not-mod status or I can do everything with All-in-One Updater?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's not the right thread to ask, but since this will be the first time I update the Switch I'm a little afraid of messing things up :unsure:
As I said in another topic, the console I bought was already modded so I'm not sure about some stuff. For instance, when I check in the system menù to see my current firmware I see this: 15.0.1|AMS 1.4.0|S
I guess that 15.0.1 it's my official firmware while 1.4.0 it's the AMS version. What the "S" stand for? Do I have to update the console during the not-mod status or I can do everything with All-in-One Updater?

S stands for Sysnand.

nefariouslegion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe a dumb question, but does anyone know how long it usually takes for new firmware to show up on Darth Sternie? 16.1.0 isn’t there yet

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else tired of Nintendo's updates contributing nothing to the console? It's about as featureless as a console/handheld can get. Very bare-bones. Ple PS1 at least had a CD player. The 3DS had built-in games like an RPG of sorts you could play with StreetPass, Themes, all sorts of fun stuff. PSP could play movies and music from the memory card. What's the Switch have besides YouTube and Crunchyroll? Nada. No themes, movies, or music without homebrew apps. Pretty pathetic.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza and Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else tired of Nintendo's updates contributing nothing to the console? It's about as featureless as a console/handheld can get. Very bare-bones. Ple PS1 at least had a CD player. The 3DS had built-in games like an RPG of sorts you could play with StreetPass, Themes, all sorts of fun stuff. PSP could play movies and music from the memory card. What's the Switch have besides YouTube and Crunchyroll? Nada. No themes, movies, or music without homebrew apps. Pretty pathetic.
I do not understand what makes it a popular device…

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ANY AIO updater is bad news and usually messes things up. Go to the github page of EVERYTHING you use, and read the docs. Learn how to configure them yourself. You'll not need to ask these silly questions. And I say silly, because not only does that question belong in the NEWB thread, but it's probably been asked and answered a few hundred times.

AIO updates your cfw files and some other homebrew, not your actual firmware. How you update, depends on what your goals are, and which model of switch you have (RCM or a CHIP? I have no way of knowing from your question). If your console is chipped with an HWFLY-type of chip, then certain firmware updates will overwrite your boot0 and make you think your system is bricked, while in reality, you need to know how to reset and retrain your chip. Do you want/need access to the eshop and/or other online services? Then you'll want to update your sysnand (OFW). Are you banned or otherwise don't need official online services? Then you can usually get away with leaving sysnand alone, and just update your emummc with daybreak with downloaded firmware files. Too many scenarios, and not the right place for the discussion.
I do not understand what makes it a popular device…
The fact that it's pretty much a hybrid console/handheld doesn't hurt. Then there's the fact that Nintendo games are simply good. I can't get into most Playstation exclusives, and have NEVER owned a Microsoft console. And a big reason for anything to be popular... homebrew. Homebrew makes it good. Watching pr0n on my Switch is quite a bit better than on a PSP. Oh, snap, just thought of a suggestion for the NX media player. SBS playback compatibility for use with the cardboard VR thing that comes with the LABO... :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto