Nintendo Switch firmware update 14.1.1 released

Screenshot_20220418-201513_Brave.jpg

Nintendo has put out a brand new system software update for the Nintendo Switch, if you can believe it. To the shock and amazement of all, the newly released official firmware version 14.1.1 does the oh so typical fare of adding some stability to the console. That's all as far as patch notes go, and SciresM already assured Atmosphere users that there shouldn't be any issues with loading the CFW, assuming you're up to date. A version 1.3.2 of Atmosphere should be out soon, according to the team, regardless, which will add some minor features and bug fixes.

:arrow: Source: https://en-americas-support.nintend...tch-system-updates-and-change-history#current

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can bitch about stability but the switch is a pretty stable gaming platform, I’m glad n has the attention to keep it that way. Though themes would be nice..

Reactions: Halbour

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still lacks the some of the very basic features, such as been able to turn your current WiFi connection on/off rather than having to delete the connection and add it everytime.
Ummm... what the hell are you talking about? You've been able to turn off wifi from day 1. Put it in airplane mode, and you can individually turn on blutetooth and nfc if you want, while wifi remains off.

Halbour

Love yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Serious comment or stability joke? Hmm, what to do?

Hopefully that stability will make my switch stand up on table top mode properly. :ninja:

(This is both a serious comment and a stability joke) :ph34r:
I was actually thinking about that too. i think we shouldn't leave any comments.

I can bitch about stability but the switch is a pretty stable gaming platform, I’m glad n has the attention to keep it that way. Though themes would be nice..
exactly what i think!... i just leaved a comment there.🤦‍♂️

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know they're trying to avoid potential entry points but like...they just kinda give up on the things they'd say they'd do? i guess with the wii u loading taking forever and them getting rightly smacked around for it, they're a little gun-shy to add any features?

This is way worse. How the hell do they get glitches and input lag in games that already worked fine on Wii?
they tweaked the emulator for each particular game. for the switch they tried a more "one for all" approach. they fixed a few things, but it still has a ways to go.

that's, of course, assuming most people complaining on GBAtemp would ever take their Switch out of the dock and go outside

must be necessary considering the system's pretty mediocre battery life

You talking about the N64 stuff? Because that has been improved a good bit compared to launch. 95% of the issues widely reported on have since been fixed, it's by no means perfect but it isn't a bad emulator.
The other systems, though, are far better than the Wii's.
95% sounds like a number you feel, rather than a number based on anything tangible. they fixed a few of the more glaring graphical issues, and the lag is slightly better, but it's still incredibly laggy. I'd say it's closer to playable than it was before, but it's still not really the n64 experience. even when compared to the wii u, the lag is still pretty bad.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After 15 + years, people still thinking stability jokes are funny is far worse than the actual update notes themselves.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waiting for someone in my house to accidentally update my switch.....again. Really though, this has happened a couple of times. I now have a password set. Face recognition when, though?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
These threads are like an old people's home, always the same posts.

More relevant question: Are sigpatches still working? I guess they should but I want to be sure.
Well, Nintendo's patches are always the same thing. Except every other Friday is Canasta night.

Last edited by Kioku,

dysphoria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Still lacks the some of the very basic features, such as been able to turn your current WiFi connection on/off rather than having to delete the connection and add it everytime.
>Hold press Home
>Airplane mode: On

People like to complain but can't take a look to the settings menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto