Homebrew 11.10.0-43 is now available

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a 3DS soon. Hopefully the Seedminer exploit won't be affected by this
Install Luma before updating, not after.
Only if the system is on 11.3.0 or lower, or you have access to ntrboot. Otherwise an update is required to use the eShop to download a required title for seedminer.

Reactions: Quantumcat

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Only if the system is on 11.3.0 or lower, or you have access to ntrboot. Otherwise an update is required to use the eShop to download a required title for seedminer.

If you are lucky the system is on an old enough version to use the R4/R4clone card method. But then that requires a compatible card. R4 (not clones) are like... a few bucks? But besides the Wood compatibility they have a limit of 2 GB of space, so not worth it unless you really want to play a few DS games.

Even my New 2DS XL came with an old enough firmware for the flashcard method.

But then again if your PC is powerful enough for seedminer why would you get a DS flashcard?

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are lucky the system is on an old enough version to use the R4/R4clone card method. But then that requires a compatible card. R4 (not clones) are like... a few bucks? But besides the Wood compatibility they have a limit of 2 GB of space, so not worth it unless you really want to play a few DS games.

Older cards will not be compatible with new versions, but any remotely recent ones would have no issue. Nintendo has not modified the DS Cart Whitelist since 7.0.0-13 (December 9, 2013), meaning no carts have been blocked since then. Also, when the cart has been flashed with ntrboot already, none of this matters.
But then again if your PC is powerful enough for seedminer why would you get a DS flashcard?
I was pointing it out in case someone already had a compatible flashcard. If you don't have one, then seedminer would be better.

Negatronic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is there a reason why I can no longer clone my NTRboot flash cart on 11.10?

D

Deleted User

can i update already? (using boot9strap luma cfw 9.1 frogminer)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok took the risk of updating and it is completely safe!

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're getting an "exception occurred" error, it likely does have Luma3DS. Are you completely sure it doesn't?
It has at some point. I set it up for the guy I'm doing it for a while back. He did something to the sd card and screwed it up. It gave a firm 1 error or something on boot. I started a fresh SD card and am trying to start over because FBI went missing

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Quantumcat

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Which is the way to make FreakyHax work again on my European N3DS?

I really want it for homebrew (JKSaveManager for my digital games, region free (I like to use the N3DS instead of my O3DS, and maybe the coinsetter).

And I don't put Luma there like on my O3DS, because I like to have everything separated.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Which is the way to make FreakyHax work again on my European N3DS?

I really want it for homebrew (JKSaveManager for my digital games, region free (I like to use the N3DS instead of my O3DS, and maybe the coinsetter).

And I don't put Luma there like on my O3DS, because I like to have everything separated.
If you can't get it working, follow this: https://3ds.hacks.guide/homebrew-launcher-(steelhax) but don't continue to the next page (unless you want CFW).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol