Hacking 11.1.0-34 firmware update out

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i cannot install any .cia,because my installer is in the red gateway card.

If I'm not mistaken, you can just load a .3DS version of FBI on your GW Red Card, and use that to install a .cia version of FBI to the Home Menu.
From then on you no longer need to use your Red Card for any installations.
https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases
Just get the latest FBI.zip from here, put the FBI.3DS on your GW Red Card and the FBI.CIA somewhere on your 3DS system's SD card.

Hourglass9 still START boots... Menuhax SELECT boots to options, but HOMEBREWMENU.CIA crashes from HOMEMENU.

The reason Hblauncher_loader isn't working is because there are not working ropbins for 11.1 firmware yet.
When these get made, then it will work again.

Ryan86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I read it right among many posts out there, the ropbins for 11.1 for Hblauncher_loader should be downloaded manually and inserted into my SD, or will it by any chance update automatically?

I have A9LH+Luma, so I can update but can't launch HB Launcher, right? Been a long time since I last messed around with these stuff, but where should I backup my NAND again?

Sorry for being such a newbie on this matter. I usually ask a friend who keeps up with these stuff but he's in the hospital lately, so I'm having to check this out by myself with my limited knowledge on the matter.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I read it right among many posts out there, the ropbins for 11.1 for Hblauncher_loader should be downloaded manually and inserted into my SD, or will it by any chance update automatically?

I have A9LH+Luma, so I can update but can't launch HB Launcher, right? Been a long time since I last messed around with these stuff, but where should I backup my NAND again?

Sorry for being such a newbie on this matter. I usually ask a friend who keeps up with these stuff but he's in the hospital lately, so I'm having to check this out by myself with my limited knowledge on the matter.

That's right, when you launch Hblauncher_loader, it should detect that you don't have a ropbin on your SD card that matches your current firmware, and look for one to download.
If it can't find one, then it'll simply fail to load the homebrew launcher.

It should be perfectly safe to update your 3DS after booting into Luma 3DS using A9LH, just make sure it says "Sys" in the System Settings menu in front of the version number before you update.
It wouldn't hurt to backup your NAND using Hourglass9 though, it will take a snapshot of everything you currently have installed, which you can restore to if the worst happens.

Ryan86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's right, when you launch Hblauncher_loader, it should detect that you don't have a ropbin on your SD card that matches your current firmware, and look for one to download.
If it can't find one, then it'll simply fail to load the homebrew launcher.

It should be perfectly safe to update your 3DS after booting into Luma 3DS using A9LH, just make sure it says "Sys" in the System Settings menu in front of the version number before you update.
It wouldn't hurt to backup your NAND using Hourglass9 though, it will take a snapshot of everything you currently have installed, which you can restore to if the worst happens.

I see, thanks a lot for the detailed response, Rupee! It was very helpful.

@Sonic Angel Knight: I guess it got to a point that it was so hard to look for a single "is it safe to update" answer that everyone (like myself) just make a new post. And the snowball keeps on growing. ^^"

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it got to a point that it was so hard to look for a single "is it safe to update" answer that everyone (like myself) just make a new post.
Well based on the history lesson of people saying "If you are using mods or hax, do not update until someone confirms safety." Do we really have to ask?? Only people who do ask is if they are impatient. SOMEONE will confirm is saftey and pass it on if it is or not. Do i need to ask? Not if people will alwasy report it. :creep:

Ryan86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well based on the history lesson of people saying "If you are using mods or hax, do not update until someone confirms safety." Do we really have to ask?? Only people who do ask is if they are impatient. SOMEONE will confirm is saftey and pass it on if it is or not. Do i need to ask? Not if people will alwasy report it. :creep:

Maybe, but sometimes the confirmation gets "lost" among so many posts. I noticed the update early this morning, almost 8 hours later I came to check it here. Impatient? Not quite, at least in my case I realized I needed to stop relying on others (as in, my friend who's hospitalized) to know wether or not its safe. Kinda wanted to try and fit in, I guess. .... Iunno. *shrugs*

civickm

Rocky Mountain IT Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just like the iOS jailbreak stuff, people always update and lose it :|

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People fighting about which cfw is better and I am here waiting for a kind person to answer my question...

I know your feels...

So let me get this straight...basing this off of what I have read, so please bear with me.

Using the cartridge of Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon as an entry point on the N3DS is no longer working. Is that an accurate statement?

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know your feels...

So let me get this straight...basing this off of what I have read, so please bear with me.

Using the cartridge of Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon as an entry point on the N3DS is no longer working. Is that an accurate statement?
No Homebrew Exploit works on 11.1.0-34. Period.

Reactions: civickm

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I took a minute too much to start the ctr httpwn and now my main way of browsing internet (and as a consequence to watch online videos) has been killed by Nintendo -_-

Is there a way to install something over in the NAND where the new version notification was forced downloaded? Or a simple way to bypass the "update to browse internet" message and use my browser to consult the Internet? Or anything who would have the same effect??

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know your feels...

Is the first post updated with list of exploits confirmed no longer working? Someone maybe should ask to do so if not.

Reactions: Midgetgirl05

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a solid answer to this question: DOES RXTOOLS STILL WORK ON 11.1 AND CAN IT BE UPDATED TO IT WITHOUT OTHER ISSUES? (please don't change the subject of my question, thanks.)
thanks

Also, for those without CFW, will custom home menu themes be affected by this update? (i have 2 friends who just want custom themes on their 3DSes, and i heard the home menu got changed this update, so i want to know

Third, i saw people commenting about save editing: does it still work on cfw?

Last edited by TimX24968B,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5