Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry for bringing this up again, I've stopped following the scene since A9LH v1 + Luma3DS as SysCFW guide was out. I've been prompted to update to 11.1 and I'd like to do it painlessly. Considering my entrypoint exploit was browserhax -> menuhacks, do you have any suggestions?

I will GREATLY appreciate your help.
You can update emuNAND fine. But there's no reason not to be on a9lh. It takes at most an hour for an old 3DS on 9.3-10.7, and only about 15 min for a new 3DS on 9.0-9.2.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry, i forgot to add upgrading "from 11.0". Already on A9LH v1 + latest Luma
How is your entrypoint menuhax if you have a9lh? That makes zero sense.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wonder why my N3DS lost the DS mode at alll, download&play, retail games or flashcard õ3o just noticed after updating , using menuhax(coolboot) + luma...\
My last emunand backup is kinda old, if I restore what I'm going to lose? I forgot how this work :v

Montblanc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can update emuNAND fine. But there's no reason not to be on a9lh. It takes at most an hour for an old 3DS on 9.3-10.7, and only about 15 min for a new 3DS on 9.0-9.2.

How is your entrypoint menuhax if you have a9lh? That makes zero sense.

I don't have an emunand, I have an O3DS which was on 9.2 and I followed Pailect's guide some months ago to have AL9H v1 + Luma3DS. I'm now on 11.0 as SysCFW and I haven't upgraded yet since OP states some payloads are not working and some people here reported losing their installed CIAs. The reason I told you I used browserhax originally is because I don't have physical cartridges such as Cubic Ninja, OOT etc. to install FBI or HBL in case they result missing after upgrading. So I'm asking again: which steps would you recommend me to upgrade with zero problems? Should I update my AL9H? Should I upgrade my payloads?

Thanks for answering, anyways

EDIT: Corrected "Fruit" with "Cubic" so all the rest of the post can finally make sense!

Last edited by Montblanc,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't have an emunand, I have an O3DS which was on 9.2 and I followed Pailect's guide some months ago to have AL9H v1 + Luma3DS. I'm now on 11.0 as SysCFW and I haven't upgraded yet since OP states some payloads are not working and some people here reported losing their installed CIAs. The reason I told you I used browserhax originally is because I don't have physical cartridges such as Fruit Ninja, OOT etc. to install FBI or HBL in case they result missing after upgrading. So I'm asking again: which steps would you recommend me to upgrade with zero problems? Should I update my AL9H? Should I upgrade my payloads?

It is "Cubic Ninja", not Fruit Ninja.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Reactions: el_gonz87

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, no one forces you to post anything since on an entire help request all you have to say is correcting the name of that game. I'll be waiting for someone else who hopefully knows what I'm talking about. Thanks.
Just update through system settings. If you use NTR you need to download a new bootntr, but everything should work fine. If you don't know what NTR is, then you don't need to worry about it. Updating your CFW + Payloads regularly is good practice but the update won't affect anything.

Reactions: Montblanc

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I don't have an emunand, I have an O3DS which was on 9.2 and I followed Pailect's guide some months ago to have AL9H v1 + Luma3DS. I'm now on 11.0 as SysCFW and I haven't upgraded yet since OP states some payloads are not working and some people here reported losing their installed CIAs. The reason I told you I used browserhax originally is because I don't have physical cartridges such as Cubic Ninja, OOT etc. to install FBI or HBL in case they result missing after upgrading. So I'm asking again: which steps would you recommend me to upgrade with zero problems? Should I update my AL9H? Should I upgrade my payloads?

EDIT: Corrected "Fruit" with "Cubic" so all the rest of the post can finally make sense!
If you have a9lh you can update. If you read the OP you'd know this already. Also, your entrypoint is a9lh, not menuhax or browserhax. Not sure why you thought that. Do you see funny coloured screens when you turn on your console? No? You don't use menuhax.

Montblanc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just update through system settings. If you use NTR you need to download a new bootntr, but everything should work fine. If you don't know what NTR is, then you don't need to worry about it. Updating your CFW + Payloads regularly is good practice but the update won't affect anything.

Yes, I use NTR sometimes, I'll remember that. And would it be ok if I stay on A9LH v1?

If you have a9lh you can update. If you read the OP you'd know this already. Also, your entrypoint is a9lh, not menuhax or browserhax. Not sure why you thought that. Do you see funny coloured screens when you turn on your console? No? You don't use menuhax.

The reason I asked is I saw many people complaining about losing their CIAs along with FBi and HBL and being stuck since browserhax/menuhax don't seem to work anymore (I'm basing this conjecture on the fact that I originally followed Pailect's guide and I used browserhax to create an emunand and then installing A9LH + syscfw luma). I know I'm using A9LH but what if I need to launch FBI in case I lose everything? That's what is troubling me. I know my knowledge of the 3ds hacking might seem somewhat messed up, but that's what forums are for. Thank you guys. :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, I use NTR sometimes, I'll remember that. And would it be ok if I stay on A9LH v1?

The reason I asked is I saw many people complaining about losing their CIAs along with FBi and HBL and being stuck since browserhax/menuhax don't seem to work anymore (I'm basing this conjecture on the fact that I originally followed Pailect's guide and I used browserhax to create an emunand and then installing A9LH + syscfw luma). I know I'm using A9LH but what if I need to launch FBI in case I lose everything? That's what is troubling me. I know my knowledge of the 3ds hacking might seem somewhat messed up, but that's what forums are for. Thank you guys. :)
Well, if you don't access FBI through browserhax/menuhax then you're fine (and it wouldn't work anyway over 9.2 firmware).

Montblanc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, if you don't access FBI through browserhax/menuhax then you're fine (and it wouldn't work anyway over 9.2 firmware).

Yes, I installed it as a standalone CIA on my SysCFW (I removed the other one injected in health and safety but I guess a firmware update would have restored original H&S anyways). I just hope it's not going missing after updating to 11.1!

Domino101

Trophies
XP
Country
im currently on FW 11.0.0-33U i havent been here in a while neither touch my 3ds in some months i currently have luma w/A9lh installed, i was wondering if its safe to update without changing any files ???

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
im currently on FW 11.0.0-33U i havent been here in a while neither touch my 3ds in some months i currently have luma w/A9lh installed, i was wondering if its safe to update without changing any files ???
Update Luma first (use Luma updater or replace your arm9loaderhax.bin with the latest). Then you can update.

Montblanc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Please do report if everything went smoothly afterwards!

Domino101

Trophies
XP
Country
Update Luma first (use Luma updater or replace your arm9loaderhax.bin with the latest). Then you can update.
thanks for the quick responce, i updated luma as you said an went to system update it updated i can go online and access the eshop and everything, thanks alot

Please do report if everything went smoothly afterwards!
everything works fine so far, im able to play online games and access the eshop with no problem

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
You know, no one forces you to post anything since on an entire help request all you have to say is correcting the name of that game. I'll be waiting for someone else who hopefully knows what I'm talking about. Thanks.
You know, I have the right to post, I was not disrespectful and I was merely correcting you, so you might as well be a little less hostile. I was going to answer, but I was not exactly in a state where I could exactly properly answer. Rather than answering and getting something wrong due to the lack of clarity inside my head, I merely corrected the one mistake that instantly popped into my mind - the wrong name.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
You know, I have the right to post, I was not disrespectful and I was merely correcting you, so you might as well be a little less hostile. I was going to answer, but I was not exactly in a state where I could exactly properly answer. Rather than answering and getting something wrong due to the lack of clarity inside my head, I merely corrected the one mistake that instantly popped into my mind - the wrong name.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I was just trying to avoid any confusion by other people who read your post.

Last edited by gnmmarechal,

Montblanc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was just trying to avoid any confusion by other people who read your post.

No problem, I thought you were just making fun of my (admitted) ignorance on the matter. Sorry bout that. Peace

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
No problem, I thought you were just making fun of my (admitted) ignorance on the matter. Sorry bout that. Peace
No problem, x.x. I was indeed going to reply to your questions, but my mind wasn't very clear (well, I did wake up at the hospital without knowing why or remembering a lot of stuff) so I ended up not replying as not to make mistakes.

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Anyone tried this update on emuNAND with RXTools?

Don't want to switch to luma because apparently you can't play games that use extra memory (smash) when using a boot manager and don't want to use A9LH because I use one of those BS white R4 dual core which only works when the date is 2012 or below (which my sysNAND on 9.2 is) :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk