Homebrew 10.2 payloads come with 2.5!!!!!!!

GoodCookie88

rekt em skrubs
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:D

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-25_21-16-48.png
    upload_2015-10-25_21-16-48.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 243

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I doubt Nintendo will be able to force an eShop update like they did with Youtube because unlike Youtube, you're already in the homebrew launcher so any mandatory checks can be bypassed. (Like region free loader which bypasses the official region check)

The only way I could think Nintendo would force such a thing is if they literally made the server inaccessable from older versions even if you're able to bypass the check.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possibly yes with those Hax you named (because actually payloads for FW10.1 works on 10.2)... However, wait for news!

Edit: But also I remember Smealum says that eShop spoofer won't work on latest FW!

It's not that it won't work. It's just that it would be completely pointless, simply because you were already able to access it on 10.2. Theoretically, it should work when 10.3 (Or whatever's next) comes out.

robot56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt Nintendo will be able to force an eShop update like they did with Youtube because unlike Youtube, you're already in the homebrew launcher so any mandatory checks can be bypassed. (Like region free loader which bypasses the official region check)

The only way I could think Nintendo would force such a thing is if they literally made the server inaccessable from older versions even if you're able to bypass the check.

They can easily change the eShop protocol on their servers (which we have no control over) which would theoretically require updates to the eShop client. Since this is userland, it seems very likely that we wouldn't be able to actually update the shop protocol -- spoofing firmware wouldn't help in that scenario. That's just from what I'm seeing so far, he hasn't actually released the source so it's possible (but extremely unlikely) that the exploit being used can overcome that.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They can easily change the eShop protocol on their servers (which we have no control over) which would theoretically require updates to the eShop client. Since this is userland, it seems very likely that we wouldn't be able to actually update the shop protocol -- spoofing firmware wouldn't help in that scenario. That's just from what I'm seeing so far, he hasn't actually released the source so it's possible (but extremely unlikely) that the exploit being used can overcome that.

That's basically what I said in my spoiler tag anyway.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by tivu100,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.