Legend of Zelda Wii Artwork

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the-legend-of-zelda-wii-2-20090605011805282.jpg

This is apparently what Miyamoto showed on his conference.

Source: IGN
rolleyes.gif

Though...Link doesn't look too much older for me
rolleyes.gif

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmm, that looks like the great fairy from Wind Waker. This doesn't look too different from Twilight Princess either. Guess I should really go and play that before this comes out.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
and this is also like the ...3rd thread for this already?

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
jan777 said:
and this is also like the ...3rd thread for this already?
Well, don't see any in User Submitted News.

Then request the most active topic to be moved into this section. A picture without any accompanying text is hardly "news". Nothing can be achieved with this topic that can't be discussed in the others.

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah Miyamoto, Link definitely looks "older" here, good job. /sarcasm
He IS right about Link not holding a sword, that's an interesting omen.
Oh well. Too early to speculate on this.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at her head, kinda sharp isn't it?

The spirit of the Master Sword? Maybe that is why Link isn't holding it. Perhaps she is the one who accompanies him, though I really wish they'd let him be alone this time.

Purely speculation of course, I just hope that we can know more before next years E3.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Hadrian said:

The spirit of the Master Sword? Maybe that is why Link isn't holding it. Perhaps she is the one who accompanies him, though I really wish they'd let him be alone this time.

If Link was on his own, what would the casual gamer do when they become lost? Other than get off of their fat lazy asses and search GameFAQs, that is.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Hadrian said:

If Link was on his own, what would the casual gamer do when they become lost? Other than get off of their fat lazy asses and search GameFAQs, that is.
They'll use that idea that was leaked where gamers can skip parts in the game.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
krnxmatt7 said:
The artwork looks nice. Also, when did Miyamoto declare that Link was going to be older in the next game?

Duh.

QUOTEIGN: At your developer roundtable this week, you showed off a single piece of artwork from the next Wii Zelda game. This piece of art has not yet been released publicly, but we noticed that Link appears to have grown to full adulthood. He looks older than he did in Twilight Princess. Is that a correct assumption?

Shigeru Miyamoto: Well, the story setting for this Zelda is, of course, in a completely different era and Link is older than he was previously. More approaching adulthood. There is one hint. Maybe from the art work you can see that he's not holding a sword.

IGN: Has he lost his Master Sword?

Shigeru Miyamoto: [Laughing] I just wanted to make sure that you understand we are making it. That's all I'm going to say on that subject.

IGN: Does the game follow the story progression of Twilight Princess or is it something completely different?

Shigeru Miyamoto: I can't go into details except to say that it's something completely different.

Source
Video

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
I too think that weird gray thing is something that Link will use in this game.
Maybe it transforms into a sword or so...
Can't wait!

Yeah thats a GREAT plan.
rolleyes.gif

Link: Take that moblin!
Moblin: * takes sword from link and thorws it into the backround*
Spirit: OW! Link stop being so reckless, that hurts!

grog.gif
yay.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I also believe that the girl is the sword.. morphing into a sword when needed and then going to human form when she needs to talk to you.. like Midna or the Minish Cap.

An interesting thing I just thought is that, she's stading, not floating like Midna or Navi, so.. she could not just be someone that gives you hints, but also a helper that could be used to solve puzzles (most obvious beeing: you have two switches to stand on.. but only one person lol), this adds something interesting to the game: while she's in human form helping you, you have no sword to fight! Also, this could give the new Zelda a cooperative mode, with the second player being able to join at any time and being a helper, like the Mario Galaxy coop mode..

Of course that's all speculation.. the girl could be the villain of the game and Link could be fighting using only the shield like Captain America for all I know
tongue.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
I also believe that the girl is the sword.. morphing into a sword when needed and then going to human form when she needs to talk to you.. like Midna or the Minish Cap.

An interesting thing I just thought is that, she's stading, not floating like Midna or Navi, so.. she could not just be someone that gives you hints, but also a helper that could be used to solve puzzles (most obvious beeing: you have two switches to stand on.. but only one person lol), this adds something interesting to the game: while she's in human form helping you, you have no sword to fight! Also, this could give the new Zelda a cooperative mode, with the second player being able to join at any time and being a helper, like the Mario Galaxy coop mode..
I think shes the sword too. Miyamoto made it a point to say he had no sword. The first thing I thought when I saw the picture was "she is the sword." Of course at the time I was doing it jokingly. But after looking at all the patterns on the girl its pretty obvious. Feels very minish cap-y. After all this time the master sword was ALIVE!!!!! I'm just wishing no one leaked the picture because now the wait is going to be even worse.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want the Fierce Deity however I like the current concept but I don't it would matter which hand uses the sword because if the zelda games are in different eras then the characters genetics does not need to be a lefty every time.

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't want her to be the sword
rolleyes.gif

She looks too much like the fairy queen (the one that gives you the fire and ice arrows in Wind Waker) so I'd rather she's just a companion or something.
Maybe have her be the main character, solving puzzles and distracting enemies so that Link can progress through the dungeon.
THAT would, IMO, be a more satisying experience than "Bitch shut up and turn back into a sword."

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tbh when i first saw this and you can belive me if u want but dont have to ..... i kinda thought that the girl in the picture was the sword but like i said u don't have to believe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg