Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Changelog:
Added button to download latest version of wbfs executable
can now rip disks (requires friidump to rip from pressed disk)
rename game and change title code support
multi-upload support
save and restore location of last partition
now uses messagebox instead of xterm for most things (things that do not take much time) so less of freezing!

as always, I am up for more of your suggestions for new versions, I am looking for translators if you want it too!

23vbzia.png

http://jeff.crowell.googlepages.com/wbfsmanager (BINARY)
http://jeff.crowell.googlepages.com/wbfs-w...ith-testing.rbp (SOURCE)

I was also suggested to put in a donation, don't know exactly what to say
unsure.gif

If you wish to donate, feel free, but keep in mind, this program is and always will be free and any donation is for previous work and not to encourage future work.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Renaming works. I discovered that it requires the command line function for inputting spaces in the new name. So for example, "ExciteBots Trick Racing" needs to be input as "ExciteBots\ Trick\ Racing". Otherwise everything after the space is ignored.

I haven't tried any of the other features yet since I'm still just using a 1GB flash drive for testing, my 500GB will be here on Thursday and I'll add something like 50 games at that point. :-)

The new prompt window with the output is a good compromise, although a running terminal output would be better, especially to keep the list of installed titles up while typing in a title code in order to make a name change.

Minor nit-picky thing:
The "List Free Space" button opens a fairly ambiguous window, and it's redundant anyway since the "List Installed Titles" function not only lists the titles, but gives all the space information both for individual titles and for the entire disk. I would say that "List Free Space" button could be depreciated and rename the "List Installed Titles" button to "Display Partition Contents" or something like that.

cojiro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
Renaming works. I discovered that it requires the command line function for inputting spaces in the new name. So for example, "ExciteBots Trick Racing" needs to be input as "ExciteBots\ Trick\ Racing". Otherwise everything after the space is ignored.

The new prompt window with the output is a good compromise, although a running terminal output would be better, especially to keep the list of installed titles up while typing in a title code in order to make a name change.
what if I were to put the rename in quotes? I can have it so that it does the equivalent that, would that remove the need for slashes? like if you put it in as 'excitebots trick racing'?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, if I enter in:
Code:
"Excite Bots"
into the rename box it comes out with the proper space, so it seems that if you coded it so that it always automatically put the name in quotes it would solve the space problem. Both single ' and double " quotes work the same way.

I also updated the Wiki for you:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/WBF...s#WBFS_Managers

cojiro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
Well, if I enter in:
Code:
"Excite Bots"
into the rename box it comes out with the proper space, so it seems that if you coded it so that it always automatically put the name in quotes it would solve the space problem. Both single ' and double " quotes work the same way.

I also updated the Wiki for you:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/WBF...s#WBFS_Managers
ok, thanks for the testing. I have a new version coming out in a few minutes then, most just a bit of bugfix!
I have now on format a "Do you want to, it will erase all data" and the rename is fixed. Also, took your suggestion for the "display partition contents" idea
0.4.1 is out now http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158873

$p00ky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice software.
But there is a problem with recent OS:

Code:
wbfs: /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: version `OPENSSL_0.9.8' not found (required by wbfs)
Note: /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8 is a symbolic link to /lib/libcrypto.so.1.0

Yes, OpenSSL 1.0 is out... can this program be updated to check >= 0.9.8?
It's not really convenient to downgrade OpenSSL...

Code:
[$p00ky@localhost ~]$ openssl
OpenSSL> version
OpenSSL 1.0.0-fips-beta4 10 Nov 2009

pancake781

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there,

I tried to use the WBFS Manager, but somehow it doesn't work.
When I try to add my ISO, I'll get the following error:

xterm: Can't execvp wbfs: No such file or directory

Then the program doesn't work anymore and I have to shut it down. It works again afterwards.

Anyone has any idea what I did wrong? Or what I can do to fix this??

pancake781

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wiimm said:
"execvp" is calling an other program. And "wbfs" is missing (can't found)

Alright thx, but I still don't get how to fix that.
If I understood right, I have to install something.. but does it show me what I have to install?
Or is there a possibility for me to find out??

distortedgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same issue. I run the program and when I hit 'list installed titles' it says "bash: wbfs: command not found"

I put wbfsmanager in the /usr/bin and in the /bin and still the same thing. Aptitude search brings up nothing on wbfs*.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

**EDIT**
I downloaded this package http://www.mediafire.com/?wdwfqbzgc5d and then put the /cios_usb2/wbfs_linux/wbfs file into /usr/bin then 'sudo chmod 777 wbfs' and then ran the wbfsmanager and everything worked.

cojiro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
any things that need to be fixed, I'm done with my first year of college and on vacation, so I can have time to fix anything. Make requests in this thread please!

jarkinber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm sorry, MAJOR noob here, how do i use this program? whenever i click on the wbfsmanager program it gives me an error: Could not display "/home/jared/Downloads/wbfsmanager". There is no application installed for executable files.
and i copied it to /bin and ran in terminal: sudo ~/wbfsmanager
just says command does not exist? and i also tried: sudo ./wbfsmanager
please help! i am really keen in using this program, it looks totally awesome.

GoldenTreesYT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changelog:
Added button to download latest version of wbfs executable
can now rip disks (requires friidump to rip from pressed disk)
rename game and change title code support
multi-upload support
save and restore location of last partition
now uses messagebox instead of xterm for most things (things that do not take much time) so less of freezing!

as always, I am up for more of your suggestions for new versions, I am looking for translators if you want it too!

23vbzia.png

http://jeff.crowell.googlepages.com/wbfsmanager (BINARY)
http://jeff.crowell.googlepages.com/wbfs-w...ith-testing.rbp (SOURCE)

I was also suggested to put in a donation, don't know exactly what to say
unsure.gif

If you wish to donate, feel free, but keep in mind, this program is and always will be free and any donation is for previous work and not to encourage future work.
How do I open the file?

FancyNintendoGamer567

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, sorry to spoil the thing. But seriously, WBFS Managers are irrelevant, FAT32 work just as good and you won't have to worry about corruption using one of these WBFS managers, also Windows does recognize FAT32 natively.
This tool was made in MID 2009!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up