zune 120gb vs 8gb itouch

superdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what's the difference of the zune 120gb and the itouch 8gb.

Basically you use both for videos and music which both have zune has wireless connection among other zune users to share music and wireless connection to your computer the zune does everything thing and more that you would usually get a mp3 player for.

The apple itouch is almost $100 bucks more for a 8gb compared to a 120gb zune but it also has it's advantages with touch screen and the use of internet and email, games (zune has it too) and the use of email so it's another computer a pocket computer you might say but then why to we have computers?

i think that the zune is better for your price and what your going to use to for.

what's your say?

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I say its like comparing a pickup truck to a sedan. You can't compare these two, because they apply do different markets and buyers.

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
8gb Sansa (e280) with Rockbox is still king among mp3s, price considered.
iTouch is great for videos, though. However, it's retardly expensive.
Hard drive mp3s are XBOX HUEG. If I wanted a giant mp3, I'd use my DS.
Which I actually do... I only pack up my mp3 when I am running or doing sports. I'm not that much of an audiophile to care about the slight quality loss.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eventually you kids will learn to stop wasting money on things that only have media playback functionality.

They aren't worth carrying around anymore.

QUOTE said:
However, it's retardly expensive.
If you're living on welfare or in a third-world country maybe.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warm Woolly Sheep said:
If you only have 8 gigs of music, you don't enjoy music enough to justify a portable MP3 player.
Not everyone is afflicted with the mental condition that makes them need their entire music collection with them at all times.

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
If you're living on welfare or in a third-world country maybe.Or someone who is paying for expensive school tuition, MAYBE.
EDIT: I was actually living on a 3rd world contry until recently... Must've been how I learned to be financially responsible.
QUOTE said:
Eventually you kids will learn to stop wasting money on things that only have media playback functionality.
¿?
Everything else my DS or Phone does it beautifully.

I'm speaking for myself here, as I always have my DS handy, and I don't like cramping my pockets.
If you only have 8 gigs of music, you don't enjoy music enough to justify a portable MP3 player.
8 GB of music is a crapload.
I just checked my library and I have about 4-5. I just keep music I really like, though.

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey man, as I said before, I know the DS mp3 playback is not exactly "perfect", but it's good enough for my tastes. I'm like, a music CASUALAN, just like almost everyone. M3 Sakura's firmware has actually a quite good playback, not counting the shitty bass.
And don't take my quotes out of context, lol. The DS is quite big when compared to MP3s, and that is exactly my reason to not have yet another device on my pocket, especially a huge one (like a zune). (My DS is essential for me to survive almost-daily train commutes, heh)

So allow me to make my case easier to understand:

Normal, casual, use: Just use a DS. Chances are, you won't be paying much attention to the music to notice the microdifferences in quality. I generally don't, unless is a bass-heavy song. And of course, it has delicious DS games that will entertain you much better when you are waiting for something.
Sports use: Use a small mp3 that doesn't have the resistance of a crystal shard. Like a e280.
That is how I roll, and I am quite satisfied.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what the fuck a "causalan" is, but I would say I'm not an audiophile by any definition of the word and know that DS audio playback is simply horrendous.

superdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well itouchs are expensive even if your not paying for it plus it's kinda TOO thin to have in your hands while the zune about twice the size and easy to grab on plus i want to buy some skullcandy headphones for it and they're around $50 so in total it's $300 for zune plus psp (product safety plan) it's 350 which is what the 8gb itouch is without the psp and headphones plus it's only 8gb of free space where you could get 120gb to fill with some movies that are nicely comverted and about 10gb of music

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
Urza said:
juggernaut911 said:
Urza said:
iTouch is better in every single way (except for drive capacity of course).
As mighty as your word is, urza, you might need to explain that a tad bit more.

I think for a plain PMP, the Zune wins.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=104...p;#entry1390224
that is fantastic, though most of those stated reasons does not make the iPod Touch superior.
Feel free to inform me on what makes the Zune so appealing.

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Urza said:
I don't know what the fuck a "causalan" is, but I would say I'm not an audiophile by any definition of the word and know that DS audio playback is simply horrendous.
You tried Sakura? It's not bad at all. Sometimes I put it on my comp's speakers, and people have a hard time noticing that it's not my computer playing it.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
That is because your standard is defined in one word: best.
oh snap

I would buy an iPod if I was frequently around wifi spots and was obsessed with checking my mail and using the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT