ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi,

just wondered what you guys think of the new EA game "zubo"
it looks pretty good to me and i am so lucky that i get a free copy because i have been chosen to promote it!

what do you guys think of it?

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, there's a preview here. A rhythm-action game where your music advances your side in battle, or something. Aimed at kids, but it doesn't look half bad from that.

EDIT: Accursed ninja!

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks. After i heard about this i wanted to know what its about.
grog.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's EA, so I think we should expect mediocrity. Not bad, not good, just mediocre. That seems to be their strong suit, at least so far as it concerns most of their offerings on Nintendo platforms.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Win or fail, this game has some really cool graphics!

945655_20080716_screen001.jpg

945655_20080716_screen011.jpg

945655_20080716_screen008.jpg

I hope it turns out good because it will likely satisfy my color craving. I am the Rainbow Fanatic after all!
biggrin.gif

If not, there's still Kirby Super Star Ultra!
yaynds.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm interested slightly in this game and I also wrote it up a while ago in one of my release threads:
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=94638

I think people are being unfair to EA, they are trying a lot harder nowadays and this year they have released a lot less crap then the likes of Activision/THQ/Ubisoft. They've even cancelled a Batman game as they didn't think it was good. Most companies would have released it just to make back a bit of development & licensing money.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
...I think people are being unfair to EA, they are trying a lot harder nowadays and this year they have released a lot less crap then the likes of Activision/THQ/Ubisoft. They've even cancelled a Batman game as they didn't think it was good. Most companies would have released it just to make back a bit of development & licensing money.

I mean no disrespect when I say this, man, but perhaps if you were paying full price for their games (on Nintendo consoles), you might feel differently. Though I use a flash card on my DS, I still buy all my Wii games, and I own three EA-published titles (maybe more -- I'll have to check), and they're all the same: touches of greatness with tons of frustrating elements that piss me off when I consider having paid $50 per game. It's one thing to put something out there that's not great, if you perhaps sell it as a budget title. But EA still wants the full whack without giving $50 worth of game. Sure, others do it, and they suck equally, I think.

Now, I have read their press releases about how they admit to putting out shite and are now committed to making better games for the Nintendo platforms. But I don't do credit. Show me the money, then you get the credibility. Until then, I know them for the works they've done.

Zubo? Could be fun, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
wink.gif

P.S. - THQ has been putting out some really good games on both Nintendo platforms. I wouldn't necessarily count them among the likes of Ubisoft and other big-name, scrub companies.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
I mean no disrespect when I say this, man, but perhaps if you were paying full price for their games (on Nintendo consoles), you might feel differently. Though I use a flash card on my DS, I still buy all my Wii games, and I own three EA-published titles (maybe more -- I'll have to check), and they're all the same: touches of greatness with tons of frustrating elements that piss me off when I consider having paid $50 per game. It's one thing to put something out there that's not great, if you perhaps sell it as a budget title. But EA still wants the full whack without giving $50 worth of game. Sure, others do it, and they suck equally, I think.
Actually I treat all games as ones I've bought, I feel that I seem more critical than others for this. I'm always ranting about DSI and other companies as being terrible, as they have the cheek to charge money for poorly produced games. I feel sorry that some kids first Wii or DS game he/she plays is something that resembles shovelware. I do get PM's from people saying "yo this game aint so bad, its free innit" or something like that, and my response is "Imagine there is no way to play these for free and you've paid £30 for it". Its also worse seeing that games released here are like twice the price as they are in the US, shit its even worse in Brazil & Australia.

Though past EA titles have been complete wank, even lately at least they know it and are trying to do something about it. A lot of games that they have started after this "our games will be better" are yet to be released so I really hope they stick to this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: