Hacking Zombies Ate My Neighbors Problem

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no i did not.its a known wii hacking site and the guy modifed cios wads so it had the base and the wad together so its not a one for one copy and youd never be able to pull this out of the wii itself....no vc wads and no iso etc just modified cios wads.in big bold letters they also say they do not promote piracy etc wouldnt make much sense for a site against piracy to put pirated files anyway...i removed it just in case and so you see there was no bad intent.

i went over the rules and ya i know now what can and cant be posted.....

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still is a site that hosts illegal material oh and FYI cIOS contains in a large part Nintendo's code So the wads are not pemited.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
He didn't give you any lesson, he just said that the cIOS and wad still contains Nintendo code, so it can't be shared.

Anyway, modding a wad doesn't make it legal.
Editing a part of a file is illegal whichever the size of the modification.
Like you said, fan translation is legal, but you can only provide the translation in a form of a patch, you can't provide the patched rom because it still contains original data (graphics, sound, compiler structure informations, etc.).

Wiibrew banned all form of wads because they contained codes from Nintendo, until they created their own wad file from scratch without a Nintendo compiler/packer, which is now usually used for all the forwarders.
If someone find a way to create an IOS from scratch with devkitpro/c++ for ppc, then it will be legal. As long as there is a tiny bit of code from Nintendo (binary or compiler's trace) then it's a copyrighted data and can't be linked to.

If only 1:1 copy was copyrighted and providing a file that an author is not distributing identically was enough to share, then all dumped games would have an intro to release them legally, you could distributed any translated rom and iso.

Thanks for reporting the wad's link.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for clearing that up m8.

@Iamatmylimt As was stated just because it's been patched doesn't make it any less Nintendo's because by that logic then if I take a play that someone else wrote changing the first word that a charecter says and then publishing it as my own I should be able to make money off it without worry of someone suing right? Lets see how many lawsuits that attracts shall we? I mean seriously if you are going to try to say what is legal and not be aware of the laws and also particularly the laws for the individual you are talking to! Like a bit ago you were advising people to break the rules of this forum let alone the law that I'd be willing to bet applies to a very large percentage of the User base here! If you have any further complaints I'd be happy to put you in your place yet again so bring it homes. Peace out!

Oh and I've since fixed the problem and built a copy of the backup loader with a few of my own patches but ditched the work for wiipowers codes as it was a lot more stable. So attacking the talents of an individual who is still learning the trades huh? that's low. Thats real low. Thats like picking on a three year old because they can't speak well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: