Zombie thread, RAAAGH

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Every time I read posts like this I know that I should have bought a Vita.
I just miss nice JRPGs and why not VNs (but I still can't read Japanese well, so I hope all those VNs are in Japanese or I will feel even worse about it).

steins;gate, grisaia (probably), xblaze (1 and 2), danganronpa 1&2, virtues last reward.. are atm in english or are coming now "soon".. in japanese there are a lot more, i hope that more will follow in the west (thx to no region-lock it doesn´t even matter if they release a game in NA, EU or elsewhere) ;)

the.rx-78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys some of you are plain funny.

OMG I get jap n3ds cuz it haz 9.0 no eur it will be 9.4.
Meanwhile, patient people got US n3ds and many has 9.0 - 9.2 on them.

Moral? You're stuck with imported console and nogaemz :tpi:

Getting a Jap N3DS was less about patience, and more about security, personally. I'm not going to play anything on the N3DS unless I can get it free+region free, so the console's region doesn't matter to me. I'll admit letting my old 3DS picking up dust for a while but I've gotten past that. SKY3DS is not an option to me, even if I had a US N3DS, because I do in fact have patience and know it's not a good choice for the long run. :P

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But with the N3DS key on the wild what stops them from implementing EmuNAND on N3DS?, other than their Gatewaitness...

Well at the current moment with the broken implementation of the crypto it's definitely possible for GW to implement 9.5 EmuNAND for N3DS. I'm just saying in the future if the crypto is implemented right it would be an issue for them. N3DS encryption is randomly generated each time it boots and this would take a while to overcome so those leaked keys would not do much good I don't think.

michyprima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I want to kill you. Gamezz are seriouz staff

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France

It's a bit silly, because when it was released on Japan, we didn't even known when it would be released in USA/EUR so yeah, there was a risk to see
9.3+ system.

And talking about patient people in this thread is xD

But if I had to import one personally, I would have imported a AUS one (I'm in Europe, but even so, for someone living in USA, it would have been better to get an EUR one because at least, most EUR games have english in it, as England is in Europe).

Reactions: VinsCool

michyprima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's a bit silly, because when it was released on Japan, we didn't even known when it would be released in USA/EUR so yeah, there was a risk to see
9.3+ system.

And talking about patient people in this thread is xD

that's what drove me to buy one.
obviously I feel stupid now, but there's no way someone wants to buy it from me even if I turned it on just once to check the fw version so... yeah, let's hope gw is not lying or I will have a shiny new white paperweight on my desk.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I had a N3DS I wouldn't buy a Gateway until the day they release their update.
Waiting when you have already paid for a brick that collects dust is suffering, and also is indefinite suffering.
If you buy it after they update (if they ever do), you will have to wait not longer than a week or two
And in the meanwhile, who knows, maybe even a free CFW modified to install game CIAs is released... What would you do if that happens while your Gateway collects dust over a bookshelf while waiting for an update? (You will get mad at least, for sure)

So in order to avoid suffering, either WAIT (like a loyal person that... waits), or if you want it so bad (I wouldn't) buy a Sky3DS.

Wouldn't either buy something that doesn't work yet, it will only make Gateway think they can take the time they want, as people is buying their not (yet) working stuff for N3DS xD

I would either buy a Sky3Ds, then sell it and buy a Gateway, or if you just want a Gateway, I would wait until they release their exploit first, even if it mean then waiting a few more days for the shipping. When you wait 3/4/5/6+ months, one more week is not a big deal ;)

michyprima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wouldn't either buy something that doesn't work yet, it will only make Gateway think they can take the time they want, as people is buying their not (yet) working stuff for N3DS xD

I would either buy a Sky3Ds, then sell it and buy a Gateway, or if you just want a Gateway, I would wait until they release their exploit first, even if it mean then waiting a few more days for the shipping. When you wait 3/4/5/6+ months, one more week is not a big deal ;)

Not sure why but since I feel so bad for the J 3DS I got I even stopped using my old 3DS >.>
Remorse. I hate you.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can understand the part of the old 3DS. Once you played a N3DS (at least, an XL one), it's hard to go back to the old 3DS :/ (especially if it's the first, no XL one). Faster, better screens, bigger (if you have an old 3DS), better 3D if you like it (doesn't care as I can't see it), C-Stick for new games (Majora's Mask, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, and probably for most of the games which will be released from now).

Paradox me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I wanted the regular NN3DS, which NA doesn't get, and Japanese games without worrying about losing RegionThree via updates, so JP console was the safe bet. As a bonus, I was hoping that with Gateway I could just use JP NN3DS as my main system for all regions, but if 8.1 means no then I guess I'm out of luck there. Had I known about the 8.1 thing and not seen Gateway's video shown working on a JP system specifically then I probably would've gone for the more expensive EU or AUS version.

Oh well. As much as I dislike the 3DS XL now, at least I can still play all the games.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:grog: DAMN! We really NEED a :Popcorn: emoticon...

carry on my angst ridden 10yo children... :grog:

...meanwhile I'll be enjoying my *GASP* :wacko:PURCHASED games and demoing stuff on my :wacko: sky3ds, and mucking around with homebrew courtesy of my PURCHASED copy of cubic ninja and smea's(IIRC, sorry if I got it wrong... :unsure:) HOWEVER, let it be known that you guys are FAR FAR FAR more entertaining than the current crop of pathetic TV shows, or at least the mainstream ones... and I :salute: you fearless angst ridden children... :grog:

[EDIT]
I have also discovered that we are MISSING a :salute: emoticon in addition to the :Popcorn: emoticon... get with it tempistrators...
[/EDIT]

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet