Zombie thread, RAAAGH

StarPlatinum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You won't. GW fucked every N3DS owner with the "wait for US launch" delay.
Fuck.

Blame nintendo for their lame device lock instead of modern account wide system.
And blame yourself for using it and supporting them.
You can also blame yourself for buying a n3ds so early and a GW before any update was avaible.

Reactions: Alessandro98

mc-kiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I guess 9.0-9.2 n3ds will be valuable in a year or so
Might sell mine then, depending on exclusives
And of course Gateway
Gosh i should have just waited for EU release 60 euros gone :(

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't. GW fucked every N3DS owner with the "wait for US launch" delay.
Fuck.
No they didn't they did the right thing if they released it earlier then N could have patched it even earlier GW was smart they waited for their opponent to make the next move first if they released it earlier then 9.2 or 9.3 could have been blocked for emunand too it is obvious this is exactly what GW was waiting for to release n3ds support or news about their new update for n3ds.
their silence was their poker face
I think it was very well played
Never show your hand first
Let's just hope GW still has a trump card up their sleeve , seems like they always do though

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also blame yourself for buying a n3ds so early and a GW before any update was avaible.
Yes, I blame myself for believing in the N3DS video and their foresight. Of course 9.5 was going to happen.
If they had something working for JPN/AUS N3DS, they should have released it ASAP if they really cared about the users.
This is the most unprofessional backup solution I've ever seen, and i've been at it since the PS1 PIC12C508 chip.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.4 Emunand works on N3ds ( At least Id like to believe so) they could have released it early so they we could do system transfers.

Anyone who believes they waited for the next update to see if they get blocked is a fuckin moron.

Reactions: TheShadowRunner

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.4 Emunand works on N3ds ( At least Id like to believe so) they could have released it early so they we could do system transfers.

Anyone who believes they waited for the next update to see if they get blocked is a fuckin moron.
System transfer means fuckall anyways, who gives a shit about system transfer when we can just DL everything in CIA and install with dev men anyways?
What benefit would it have been if it was released earlier ,none really
The only thing we could have transferred we can't get working anyways are GBA ambassador and DSI ware games
Yes I will concede that N probably was aware of GW n3ds support and had an idea already of how they were doing it and GW encrypts their work so I guess it would not be like GW handing N exactly what they were doing for their exploit on a silver platter ,but still it would not have really benefitted us all that much if they had released it any earlier

boomie0123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And here I was super pumped to do that system transfer and just play my retail carts region free on N3DS.

So then, if what was said earlier was true (.CIA update for a game installed on emunand won't be read by a retail cart in classic mode), then I'd just need to dump my own cart, rename it and play it like that? What about the save file on the cart? And is there a way to, let's say if I don't want to use gateway anymore, re-inject my save file back into my own retail cart from my gateway?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
And here I was super pumped to do that system transfer and just play my retail carts region free on N3DS.

So then, if what was said earlier was true (.CIA update for a game installed on emunand won't be read by a retail cart in classic mode), then I'd just need to dump my own cart, rename it and play it like that? What about the save file on the cart? And is there a way to, let's say if I don't want to use gateway anymore, re-inject my save file back into my own retail cart from my gateway?
I think there were some pretty insanse bugs with the save management with the new release. Not sure.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We'll from what Sony said about the beta there are bugs with mii maker and games that use mii's ,again I could give a shit less about mii support. But I wish she would have elaborated a bit about exactly what the issue is if it is just not being able to use mii's in game it's no big deal but if it means you can't start games that use mii's ,like mariokart then yeah that is a big deal I hope they have solved the issue already my n3ds AU has been sitting here since November with nice thick coating of dust on it

Reactions: TheShadowRunner

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing I see now is no main reason to hold the release, but they seem to be doing a good job at impressing people with there surprises

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I believe the problem with TWL was not because they were using the DS Profile exploit, but rather because TWL had to reset the whole console, and if it resets the whole console, it disabled emuNAND.
The problem with that is that, in emuNAND, you have the custom program to launch the DS game, and also the DS game as well.
As soon as you reset the console, and Gateway mode is dis-engaged and no longer tells the NAND to redirect to the SD card, you can no longer boot into anything that was on the SD card, because you just disabled access to the SD card via emuNAND, which you used to boot the DS game.
You can already try this, open up emuNAND and load a DS cartridge. It won't work.

yea, but you can run the DS flash cart via sysNAND, right? I think I recall loading up my r4igold3DS in sysNAND while on 9.2 sysNAND and 9.4 emuNAND.
Now that GW fucked up the time frame and 9.5 won't be supported as emunand on N3DS, I have a simple question:

How the fuck will N3DS owners be able to install emunand 9.4 now that 9.5 is online?

Worry about that after GW supports n3ds, not before lol.

And ppl worrying about systransfer, you could use savedatafiler to extract all your saves, and juggle them between consoles, depending on the way you decide to go.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yea, but you can run the DS flash cart via sysNAND, right? I think I recall loading up my r4igold3DS in sysNAND while on 9.2 sysNAND and 9.4 emuNAND.

Worry about that after GW supports n3ds, not before lol.

And ppl worrying about systransfer, you could use savedatafiler to extract all your saves, and juggle them between consoles, depending on the way you decide to go.
Yes, but if you are in sysNAND, you can't load any custom TWL firmware that is located on emuNAND, which rules out the possibility of a custom .CIA that loads .NDS ROMs unless someone builds a new TWL that does not reboot

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then... Guess we've got another month stacked on. :)

My cookies are stacked, I need my milk dammit.

I just dont get ANYONE defending the delay for n3ds support.

Why dont we all email them together instead of fighting with each other? Lets demand answers.

HAHAHA........I'm surprise you haven't done it yet..........

Reactions: Kioku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT