Zombie thread, RAAAGH

dustmite

Stays Frosty
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
I think Gateway should put a little bit more effort in how they communicate with us -
the new customers and N3DS users.
We are the ones who are waiting for the longest time. Nearly 2 month, and no end in sight.

Also there was no new beta at the end of this week, as promised by garyopa.

Its a pain.

koziakauzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I wish they coukd at least tell us what is working, what is not, without being specific or technical, just to let people understand why they have to wait. Complete silence is annoying, but it seems to be the way to do things in awaited device hacks communities...

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, Gateway is in it for the money, as is any business, dood!

Then sell your shit and move on to some other system. No need to be here complaining about waiting. Tons of other people are waiting, even I have a N3DS that needs some GW lovin but my 3DS XL gets it all. You don't see my N3DS trying to shove itself down my throat, its sitting pretty in its box.

I wish they coukd at least tell us what is working, what is not, without being specific or technical, just to let people understand why they have to wait. Complete silence is annoying, but it seems to be the way to do things in awaited device hacks communities...

They did say whats working and whats not, its working for 3DS/3DSXL in beta's and 2DS as well ( still buggy ), N3DS/3DSLL is not working properly on beta's so there won't be a beta release.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wish they get this working on N3ds... I have a bunch of retail games that will be useless to my daughter unless we keep her 3dsXL... shes not gonna wanna play it after she begged me for the white new 3ds.. Ill have to talk her into starting over Tomodachi Life.. but shes got over 100 hours into it..

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then sell your shit and move on to some other system. No need to be here complaining about waiting. Tons of other people are waiting, even I have a N3DS that needs some GW lovin but my 3DS XL gets it all. You don't see my N3DS trying to shove itself down my throat, its sitting pretty in its box.

I'm not complaining...?

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dont understand gateway, always the same shit. They should just tell us date, does not matter how far in the future because that way some of us can decide if its worth getting alternative like sky3ds or qq3ds. The problem is now that we dont know shit. It would kinda suck if we buy sky3ds and the next day gateway could release.

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are pissed off because all the advertising for the 9.2 release has included the New 3DS, including the video of it working 7 weeks ago. What we didn't know is that the entry-point for the 3DS and N3DS (and partly the 2DS) would be different and would be a staggered release.

We're not getting told anything by the Gateway team. They haven't said to us that they're having trouble with the N3DS exploit or having to fix bugs/additional testing. We're left with what small clues Garyopa gives us or what conspiracies the 3DS community comes up with.

I understand that Gateway released their exploit to their larger customer base, the 3DS users; but there are a lot of people who traded in their old consoles for the N3DS, sold their old consoles or spent a crap tonne of money importing their N3DS to be told 'Yeah give us a few more days and we'll have news™".
^^^THIS THIS THIS^^^.

This is the reason im tilted at GW. This whole post sums it up neatly. It cost me close to $400 importing NN3DS Australian version + Gateway + Shipping/Taxes and Import taxes.
All of this was based on their video showing them playing games on a NEW NINTENDO 3DS UNIT. And, never at any point in the video or otherwise did they say that this would be a 'beta' or staggered
release. We were led to believe that this thing would be full-on working right out the door. Then, it finally arrives as 'UlTra!!' and it's buggy as hell with all kinds of limitations and it only works on old 3DS units that even Nintendo themselves are no longer making. It was an insult.

Meanwhile, you got hoards of 12 year olds attacking the one product that actually works (Sky3ds)!
The fanboyism is all based on what Gateway WAS, not on what it actually IS now.
What GW is now is a half-product that needs internet access to activate, works only on older units, and has managed to spearhead many topics on this very site about people having a wide range of
serious issues getting it to work. These are facts. Not conjecture of what 'will be' tomorrow.

*goes back to playing MH4 on my Sky3DS 9.4.021 fw 3DS XL unit*

Reactions: Thomas12345

Kugz

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
^^^THIS THIS THIS^^^.

This is the reason im tilted at GW. This whole post sums it up neatly. It cost me close to $400 importing NN3DS Australian version + Gateway + Shipping/Taxes and Import taxes.
All of this was based on their video showing them playing games on a NEW NINTENDO 3DS UNIT. And, never at any point in the video or otherwise did they say that this would be a 'beta' or staggered
release. We were led to believe that this thing would be full-on working right out the door. Then, it finally arrives as 'UlTra!!' and it's buggy as hell with all kinds of limitations and it only works on old 3DS units that even Nintendo themselves are no longer making. It was an insult.

Meanwhile, you got hoards of 12 year olds attacking the one product that actually works (Sky3ds)!
What GW is now is a half-product that needs internet access to activate, works only on older units, and has managed to spearhead many topics on this very site about people having a wide range of
serious issues getting it to work. These are facts. Not conjecture of what 'will be' tomorrow.

I think a bad move for them was releasing it at the END of the school holiday period. You've got a tonne of people taking breaks from high-school/work/university with nothing to do... every... day... waking up, hoping to see their bloody RSS feed app on their phone went off while they were asleep :P

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^THIS THIS THIS^^^.

Dude, it's literally been a week since Gateway released 3.0. 7 days. Everyone in here is freaking out over nothing. I said the same thing in the last thread and the same thing now, they said it will come within this week or the next week, and I seriously doubt they will be pushing it any further. Things happen, and if they were to release now we'd get something like what we have with the 2DS, a half-broken product which was released too early and only barely works. I'd rather wait for proper N3DS support than have it arrive too early and have to wait more with something which barely works.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
^^^THIS THIS THIS^^^.

You should buy products based on what they can do NOW, not blame others for advertising a feature that isn't available. Guess you must be one of those people who buy tons of Early Access games and complain they aren't complete.

Sell off your Gateway if you don't want to deal with waiting, nobody is stopping you.

Reactions: ground

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My 2 cents :
they've had the N3DS exploit working for weeks(well since November really) , now they see everybody reversion their shit, they need that exclusivity for feb13th. they will spend a month desperately protecting their stuff, probably for nothing. (since it'll reversed a week after their release)

Meanwhile, their stalling their customers, who actually did support them.
</my2cents)

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 2 cents :
they've had the N3DS exploit working for weeks(well since November really) , now they see everybody reversion their shit, they need that exclusivity for feb13th. they will spend a month desperately protecting their stuff, probably for nothing. (since it'll reversed a week after their release)

Meanwhile, their stalling their customers, who actually did support them.
</my2cents)

Doubt it, they hardly changed anything in terms of obfuscation with 3.0, so unless they have some weird other codebase they've been working real hard on, they're probably just making 100% certain this release for N3DS is actually stable and works offline.

s-arash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2eey23q.jpg

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
strengthening their security or not, I still think it's in their be interest (money wise, because if they release now, they'll be hack before N3DS launch, and that their last big edge on everybody (at least for now) ) to tease and stall N3DS support until NA/EU new 3DS launch.
I hear the argument of ppl selling their Gateway and switching to Sky3DS and clones but I know I won't and I'm clearly not the only one. (not to mention a lot of ppl are saying or "threatening" they will and actually won't)

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
strengthening their security or not, I still think it's in their be interest (money wise, because if they release now, they'll be hack before N3DS launch, and that their last big edge on everybody (at least for now) ) to tease and stall N3DS support until NA/EU new 3DS launch.
I hear the argument of ppl selling their Gateway and switching to Sky3DS and clones but I know I won't and I'm clearly not the only one. (not to mention a lot of ppl are saying or "threatening" they will and actually won't)

They do that because there's lack of communication. They don't really say what/how much progress is done. They just keep saying "soon", "nearly there" etc etc. So new customers may think that it will never happen. Which it could.. That comes with being an early adopter for any product really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place