Zombie thread, RAAAGH

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the 3ds should have been this way on 2011.

Yes you are right but probably the body/eye tracking technology wasn't reliable at the time or would of made the 3DS much more expensive so they decided against it. I'm not mad that it wasn't released on the OG launch but imo the 3d shouldn't of even been in the 3ds as its not practically and pretty much impossible to use, but im sure we wouldn't of had super stable 3d today if they didn't intitally release the 3ds with 3d.

there is a way to delete the update without system formatting which is easily found by searching

Why even bother posting if you aren't going to help him out? Its not like he made a new thread and asked without searching.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RE revelations 3d gave me such a fucking headache on old 3 ds I hope it's a little better on n3ds
But I doubt it seems like games with more realistic graphics don't work well in3d or maybe it's just that game but the more cartoonish games like mk7 don't give me a headache
I just wish the devs would make better use of the 3d ,we see that demo video with the paper planes and great pop out 3d effects but fucking shitty Nintendo continues to troll us by NEVER using ANY nice pop out 3d effects in their games
I don't know why

MontyQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RE revelations 3d gave such a fucking headache on old 3 ds I hope it's a little better on n3ds
But I doubt it seems like games with more realistic graphics don't work well in3d or maybe it's just that game
I just wish the devs would make better use of the 3 do we see that demo video with the paper planes and great pop out 3d effects but fucking shitty Nintendo continues to troll us NEVER using ANY nice pop out 3d effects in their games
I don't know why

First time I beat res evil was on my old 3ds had to turn off 3d now, im half done on n3ds xl and been playing with 3d on non stop its a big difference as the old one hurt my head and eyes not the new one tho.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RE revelations 3d gave such a fucking headache on old 3 ds I hope it's a little better on n3ds
But I doubt it seems like games with more realistic graphics don't work well in3d or maybe it's just that game
I just wish the devs would make better use of the 3d ,we see that demo video with the paper planes and great pop out 3d effects but fucking shitty Nintendo continues to troll us by NEVER using ANY nice pop out 3d effects in their games
I don't know why

not true at all...

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not true at all...
Resident evil revelations works great with superstable 3d, a huge improvement. The headache is because trying to keep the 3d in sweet spot and when you loose sweet spot your brain doesn't like it, with superstable 3d this isn't a problem. My head use to hurt after 10 mins, iv played 4 hours straight with super stable 3d with no head ache.

Reactions: 2Hack

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resident evil revelations works great with superstable 3d, a huge improvement. The headache is because trying to keep the 3d in sweet spot and when you loose sweet spot your brain doesn't like it, with superstable 3d this isn't a problem. My head use to hurt after 10 mins, iv played 4 hours straight with super stable 3d with no head ache.

i wish i could go 4 hours staring at a 3ds, after staring at a screen for 1 hour it hurts (i could go longer, but my eyes just hurt, but with the old 3ds i had to stop, as in it caused pain using 3d over 45 minutes on the old 3ds), and it doesnt even have to be 3d. but it is much better, if i wanted to i could use 3d on the old 3ds for at least 45 minutes, but not moving my head at all for 45 minutes (and sitting in a slouched position ptobably doesnt help) makes my neck hurt so badly...

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i wish i could go 4 hours staring at a 3ds, after staring at a screen for 1 hour it hurts (i could go longer, but my eyes just hurt, but with the old 3ds i had to stop, as in it caused pain using 3d over 45 minutes on the old 3ds), and it doesnt even have to be 3d. but it is much better, if i wanted to i could use 3d on the old 3ds for at least 45 minutes, but not moving my head at all for 45 minutes (and sitting in a slouched position ptobably doesnt help) makes my neck hurt so badly...

Well I could only use 3d for like 10-20 mins on old 3ds, the new 3ds xl super stable 3d works amazingly well even with my glasses. I can move my head/hands pretty quick and it still works without readjust, thus the reason I can play 4 hours with 3d. I could never game for 4 hours on regular 3ds. Do you wear glasses if not when was the last time your eyes were checked. If I use 3d without my glasses, my eyes feel like there bleeding after awhile, this is due to the 3d being slightly out of focus and my brain can't handle the slightly blurry 3d image. Anyone getting head ache with new 3ds should really get their eyes checked, you should be going for a check up like once every 2-4 years.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Well I could only use 3d for like 10-20 mins on old 3ds, the new 3ds xl super stable 3d works amazingly well even with my glasses. I can move my head/hands pretty quick and it still works without readjust, thus the reason I can play 4 hours with 3d. I could never game for 4 hours on regular 3ds. Do you wear glasses if not when was the last time your eyes were checked. If I use 3d without my glasses, my eyes feel like there bleeding after awhile, this is due to the 3d being slightly out of focus and my brain can't handle the slightly blurry 3d image. Anyone getting head ache with new 3ds should really get their eyes checked, you should be going for a check up like once every 2-4 years.
For me, the 3D on the N3DS isn't as headache inducing as on the 3DS, not sure what kinda logic that is, but i shut it down usually when playing.......I blame the text boxes in Mh4G. Who the hell wants to read 2D textboxes in 3D anyway?

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

then i guess its time for me to get my eyes checked, i used to wear glasses...

redboyke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
in the beginning i saw 2 zelda's on my old 3ds but you have to train yourself and slide the 3D up little by little every day and once you get used to it you dont want to go without it and playing on n3ds is even better cause i had it to the max from the beginning. just started playing zelda OOT for the first time. didnt want to buy majota mask because i want to play them in order. bought monster hunter 4 instead :P

it is still a weird feeling when you shutdown your 3ds and watch the computer screen after a few houres

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to calibrate head tracking I don't know but it seemed to work ok on my AU XL
But just with the demo video cause I have no eu region game to test it but then
I tried a friends US red XL with OOT and the head tracking was all fucked up way worse than without it like not even playable then I recalibrated it to -4 whatever the fuck that means I don't understand what the fuck the numbers and integers are supposed to mean or do so I just said fuck it and and set it to some random shit -4 seemed to make a big improvement not perfect but I didn't feel like fucking with it anymore
Before that I couldn't even use it at all it was skipping freezing and jittering all overbred fucking place on the default setting
Also I don't remember if I had to recalibrate my AU xl
I can confirm it is not the calibration issue, it's more like less sensitive sensor issue.
Even during the calibration (when showing the image on bottom-right in top screen), in bit dark room if I move head the N3DS XL (on 9.0) it keeps missing mostly, but same thing happens a lot less with JPN N3DS (on 8.1). Both on default settings.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm it is not the calibration issue, it's more like less sensitive sensor issue.
Even during the calibration (when showing the image on bottom-right in top screen), in bit dark room if I move head the N3DS XL (on 9.0) it keeps missing mostly, but same thing happens a lot less with JPN N3DS (on 8.1).

i dont know how people are having problems, the only times i had problems was when i first set it up, but after that it worked perfectly. The other time is when i look at the screen after looking somewhere else, but its for a split second, and doesnt bother me.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/do-you-prefer-mariokart-7-or-mariokart-8.382501/
can people help speed this up, i want to know what people think. Its a poll, asking whether you like mariokart 7 or mariokart 8. I like 7 because it is portable and 3d. my friend likes mariokart 8 but has no reason, i think its because it was the only one he had. Anyway, i made the poll because i am interested, but i also want to show my friend that other people might like mariokart 7 too. but of course if most people say 8 i wont show him, but im still interested. Anyway... Answer please, i guess!

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Super stable 3D has been doing wonders for me. Replaying all 4 of my old retail games (excluding Cubic Ninja since homebrew and KARL3DS) never felt better, the 3D makes those original games new experiences in my life in gaming. Playing Super Mario 3D Land in ACTUAL 3D was amazing. I replayed all 4 of my games and hope to make new experiences with the upcoming Gateway update.
I second that, the first game I tried on my new N3DS XL is "Super Mario 3D Land", continued playing from where I left last time (the game saved in cart), with 3D setting selected using UP arrow key (there are two 3D modes). It feels much more easy to play with 3D on now with this game :)

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even during the calibration (when showing the image on bottom-right in top screen), in bit dark room if I move head the N3DS XL (on 9.0) it keeps missing mostly, but same thing happens a lot less with JPN N3DS (on 8.1). Both on default settings.

Helped mine, it works flawlessly now. Pleas try -.7 for a bit. Make sure camera and ir sensor has no fingerprints/dirt. Do you wear glasses? Apparently thick rim glasses mess it up.... Possibly the japanese version has a different default setting. Why would it work perfectly for me and not for you? Only other thing is it could be defective unit...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +2
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during a school shooting or saying Kanye a gay fish list goes on
    +2
    the gay fish thing was funny as fuck
    +1
    and i don't even follow or care about kanhye
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everytime i hear that real song, i think of that episode, "I'm a Gay fish yal."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So was the way they showed how messed up the American health system was to get anything done
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont watch south park that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Old people driving was a funny one, like cars up on 2nd/3rd floors in houses. Had to shut down old country buffet to stop them.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/VAfy26xs6e0?si=EuGdWe_Y25-rfmms accurate