Zombie thread, RAAAGH

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
I only use roms for games. Cias only for themes and apps like bigblue menu etc
So if I launch lets say ssb on old 3ds and try to play multiplayer locally with my n3ds I wont have a problem. right?
Yea man it's fine, i do it every day. I even made a Wikipedia article listing all the games with download play because there wasn't a good one anywhere else. Have fun! If you find any not on the wiki page add em' in http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_Local_Multiplayer_games

Reactions: jimskeet2002

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Guys,,, the tool that sky3ds just uploaded is ridiculous
That tool is coded by a Chinese guy and share it for free in Chinese forum
They just upload that to there website and not even brother to say "thanks" or "share by"
Same as that unlock 10 lime, someone crack that limit in Chinese forum and they blocked his code by update and sell the red button
Please GW,,if you see this,, please upload the support for new 3ds than we no longer need to use this product by unrespectful company
What did you expect? :rolleyes:

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yea man it's fine, i do it every day. I even made a Wikipedia article listing all the games with download play because there wasn't a good one anywhere else. Have fun! If you find any not on the wiki page add em' in http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_Local_Multiplayer_games

Be careful. If you use "Download play" with another 3DS that have 9.5, it'll ask you to update (I tried it) and if you say "no", you can't play the game (and if you say "Yes", you're screwed").

When you use downloadplay, the one who host the game should be the one with the lowest firmware (and clients should have at least the same firmware or higher).

Host (9.0) => Client (9.4) = Works.
Host (9.4) => Client (9.0) = Doesn't work.

Reactions: nor3x

nor3x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be careful. If you use "Download play" with another 3DS that have 9.5, it'll ask you to update (I tried it) and if you say "no", you can't play the game (and if you say "Yes", you're screwed").

When you use downloadplay, the one who host the game should be the one with the lowest firmware (and clients should have at least the same firmware or higher).

Host (9.0) => Client (9.4) = Works.
Host (9.4) => Client (9.0) = Doesn't work.
So wait if someone had a 9.2 and I'm on 8.1 and we tried this, wouldn't that be a valid method of upgrading to 9.2 for those stuck with 8.1?

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Probably. I don't know if every game ask to update but the one I tried asked (If I remember right, it was "Tetris" from the Eshop. Not the Ubisoft one (Tetris Ultimate), the one which is just called "Tetris").

I also don't know if it would update you to the last firmware but anyway, the firmware version was written, so you could easily see which one would be updated. I suppose the 3DS keep a copy of the last firmware version installed somewhere for this purpose). My other 3DS is 9.5 and it offered me to update to 9.5.

jimskeet2002 : You can try, maybe it's only for some games. I just know it happened here for Tetris, and also Smash Bros (Retail carts).

What's you could try is to find a retail cart with download play, to use on your N3DS, and reinstall an emunand on your old 3DS (or to use another SD card). You leave the emunand at 4.x, or 9.0 if your 3DS sysnand is 9.0. If it's 4.x, then you try to update emunand with the download play and see if it work.

Or there is someone who released a method to create a .cia to update emunand manually, so you might be able to update your emunand to 9.0 with that. I think it's Cearp that shared the method if I remember right.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just double checked. It seems it only ask with a retail game so you should be safe.

I tried with the 3DS XL of my brother (Emunand 9.5) as host and my N3DS (Sysnand 9.0) as the client and it doesn't asked me to update and the download play worked fine (and after that test, my N3DS is still on 9.0).

I suppose Gateway spoof the firmware version.

My brother also have a 2DS and Tetris bought on the eshop and it's with the 2DS that it asked me to update so it seems to only happen with retail games (it also happened with Smash Bros, and same, it was two retail carts, not the rom).

So yeah, it might be a trick to update a 8.1 system if you also have a 9.0~9.2 from the same region and a game that use Download Play.

My N3DS doesn't have enough internet connection setup so the update the 2DS offered to me could only come from the 2DS, not from the online connection of my N3DS.

have fun with deleted save if you ever accidentally bump the blue button, even easier on new 3ds since cart slot is on the bottom were u rest it on yo stomach

Really need to be akwkard xD I read some peoples managed to eject the cart while they play, or even shutdown the 3DS, and personally, never happened to me.

Kugz

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
After using the N3DS XL since November I can tell you that I've learnt to hold it in a position that my hands are nowhere near the cartridge slot - because even on normal cartridges my finger has slipped and I've accidentally put enough pressure to push the card in and have lost my progress in the game (It was Pokemon and I had just caught my Pikachu too). I know that the blue button swaps games and gives the 'card has been removed' error but I'm already holding the console in a way that it will never happen. I've had my SKY for a while now and I've never grazed the button once.

Random Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll give gateway till March 4th. Then I'm actually buying a skycard.

I feel the pain for those that imported aus or jap

I just got my New XL and waiting only few days has become rough real quick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway