Zombie thread, RAAAGH

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Admittedly, I'm a newcomer. My question may be met with eye rolls but I'll ask it anyway. So many people seem to be down on Sky3DS but I don't quite understand why.

If you only want to play backups, don't care about online play or homebrew, then isn't it a good choice in that situation? Or maybe I'm so new that I'm missing something.
The thing is, Sky3DS is pretty limited even for playing games. Unlike GW it doesn't support digital games, DLC, seamless region free, a quick and painless game select menu (instead you have to slowly cycle through the games in your mSD), trimmed ROMs (meaning that much space will be wasted in your mSD and you won't be able to store as many games as you would if you used a GW) or mods. Plus you better hope you never run into a game that doesn't have a template for it. And you must live in constant fear of your Sky3DS getting blocked at some point, after which you'll have to choose between stopping updating your system and limiting your game library (as Sky3DS doesn't support fw spoofing or emuNAND), rendering your flashcart unusable, or buying a second system. Even though Sky3DS fanboys like to preach about how unblockable it is, hackers have claimed that it's detectable, so it should be perfectly feasible for Ninty to block it at some point. That it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it won't (just like with online bannings; previously many people thought they would never happen).

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The thing is, Sky3DS is pretty limited even for playing games. Unlike GW it doesn't support digital games, DLC, seamless region free, a quick and painless game select menu (instead you have to slowly cycle through the games in your mSD), trimmed ROMs (meaning that much space will be wasted in your mSD and you won't be able to store as many games as you would if you used a GW) or mods. Plus you better hope you never run into a game that doesn't have a template for it. And you must live in constant fear of your Sky3DS getting blocked at some point, after which you'll have to choose between stopping updating your system and limiting your games library (as Sky3DS doesn't support fw spoofing or emuNAND), rendering your flashcart unusable, or buying a second system. Even though Sky3DS fanboys like to preach about how unblockable it is, hackers have claimed that it's detectable, so it should be perfectly feasible for Ninty to block it at some point. That it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it won't (just like with online bannings; previously many people thought they would never happen).

I'm using both Sky3DS and GW, Sky3DS for using with Powersaves, backup, restore savedata file between retail card and flashcart. On the other hand, GW for Emunand and DLC. A perfect combo ever. I'm a fan of convenience.

Kugz

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
The thing is, Sky3DS is pretty limited even for playing games. Unlike GW it doesn't support digital games, DLC, seamless region free, a quick and painless game select menu (instead you have to slowly cycle through the games in your mSD), trimmed ROMs (meaning that much space will be wasted in your mSD and you won't be able to store as many games as you would if you used a GW) or mods. Plus you better hope you never run into a game that doesn't have a template for it. And you must live in constant fear of your Sky3DS getting blocked at some point, after which you'll have to choose between stopping updating your system and limiting your game library (as Sky3DS doesn't support fw spoofing or emuNAND), rendering your flashcart unusable, or buying a second system. Even though Sky3DS fanboys like to preach about how unblockable it is, hackers have claimed that it's detectable, so it should be perfectly feasible for Ninty to block it at some point. That it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it won't (just like with online bannings; previously many people thought they would never happen).

Sigh. The SKY3DS's purpose is to emulate game cartridges and nothing more, people understand that when purchasing. Having to press the button to change games is a more 'primitive' alternative to game swapping but it is simple, press a button to get to the next game on the list. I don't mind the speed it takes, it's like 5 seconds a game. SKY3DS team has been great with releasing their updateed Template files for all the major release games (even leaked ones like MH4 and Majora's Mask) so I don't know what you're talking about there.

Please remember that Gateway is currently a BLOCKED card for anyone entering the 3DS piracy scene while SKY3DS is not. It does not work on any version above 9.2 and when SKY3DS gets blocked (if it ever does, we don't know) you can argue the same point about it as well. Gateway has the feature of Emunand for online play, game updates and keeping up to date with firmware versions but to assume Emunand will never be blocked is a tad naive. SKY3DS could be blocked tomorrow, next week or next year - who knows?

I think you're making the assumption that people who buy the SKY3DS card have massive expectations for what they're buying (I don't expect online and region-free is useless to most people) and you're trying to figure out why someone would buy a 'inferior' card. Who cares man? People come to this forum for information and to help them make a choice on what card best suits them. Stop ranting and raving on about what each card DOESN'T have and preach what they excel at.

I was going to give my SKY to my girlfriend when N3DS support came out but I'm going to keep it. It's a brilliant little piece of tech and it's simple as hell. It's a no-fuss card and I'll be buying a second one for my girlfriend. I have a Gateway and I'm super eager to use it as I'll take advantage of the features it presents over a SKY3DS card but not everyone wants those things. Some people just want a simple, hassle free way to pirate. Stop cock-blockin' SKY3DS because you can't grasp that some people prefer something else.

I'm not a SKY3DS fanboy but people are shitting on it for no reason. I'm a consumer and I'm giving my praise for a piracy tool that's more than served it's purpose and met all my expectations.

tumblr_m6gzpkxg6z1rnu7upo1_500.png

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh. The SKY3DS's purpose is to emulate game cartridges and nothing more, people understand that when purchasing. Having to press the button to change games is a more 'primitive' alternative to game swapping but it is simple, press a button to get to the next game on the list. I don't mind the speed it takes, it's like 5 seconds a game. SKY3DS team has been great with releasing their updateed Template files for all the major release games (even leaked ones like MH4 and Majora's Mask) so I don't know what you're talking about there.

Please remember that Gateway is currently a BLOCKED card for anyone entering the 3DS piracy scene while SKY3DS is not. It does not work on any version above 9.2 and when SKY3DS gets blocked (if it ever does, we don't know) you can argue the same point about it as well. Gateway has the feature of Emunand for online play, game updates and keeping up to date with firmware versions but to assume Emunand will never be blocked is a tad naive. SKY3DS could be blocked tomorrow, next week or next year - who knows?

I think you're making the assumption that people who buy the SKY3DS card have massive expectations for what they're buying (I don't expect online and region-free is useless to most people) and you're trying to figure out why someone would buy a 'inferior' card. Who cares man? People come to this forum for information and to help them make a choice on what card best suits them. Stop ranting and raving on about what each card DOESN'T have and preach what they excel at.

I was going to give my SKY to my girlfriend when N3DS support came out but I'm going to keep it. It's a brilliant little piece of tech and it's simple as hell. It's a no-fuss card and I'll be buying a second one for my girlfriend. I have a Gateway and I'm super eager to use it as I'll take advantage of the features it presents over a SKY3DS card but not everyone wants those things. Some people just want a simple, hassle free way to pirate. Stop cock-blockin' SKY3DS because you can't grasp that some people prefer something else.

I'm not a SKY3DS fanboy but people are shitting on it for no reason. I'm a consumer and I'm giving my praise for a piracy tool that's more than served it's purpose and met all my expectations.
What are you getting defensive about? 8bit-beard asked why many people avoid Sky3DS and I answered. He also asked if it was perfectly fine just for playing games, and I informed him of the problems and limitations it has in that area. Note that I only mentioned the problems he would run into if he only used his cart for playing games. I didn't mention any of the GW advantages that aren't related to that. From his post he seemed to believe that the only disadvantages Sky3DS has are online and no homebrew and the two flashcarts about the same when it comes to running games so I corrected him. Not sure what your problem with me trying to keep a newcomer well-informed is.

As for emuNAND getting blocked, it gets blocked all the time, and it usually takes GW a few days to fix that. Adding to that the fact that it has fw spoofing and cia installs, it's pretty future-proofed compared with Sky3DS.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As for emuNAND getting blocked, it gets blocked all the time, and it usually takes GW a few days to fix that. Adding to that the fact that it has fw spoofing and cia installs, it's pretty future-proofed compared with Sky3DS.

already proved wrong with new3ds and 9.5

Reactions: Kugz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool