ZELDA WII U PRE-ORDERS HAVE BEGUN.....

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by avinashlego, Jan 13, 2016.

1. avinashlego
    OP

avinashlego GBAtemp Regular

Aug 30, 2015
    United States
    Up the IOSU's ass
  2. fafaffy

fafaffy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2012
    United States
    Eh I can always cancel it later. Might as well preorder it now for the -20% off and in case it goes on sale from now till then.

3. GreaterDog
    This message by GreaterDog has been removed from public view by Depravo, Feb 3, 2016, Reason: shitpost.
    Jan 13, 2016
  4. koim

koim GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2015
    France
    god please... THIS HAS BEEN IN PLACE FOR OVER A YEAR !!!

5. callmebob

callmebob The Grandpa of Awe!

Jan 24, 2007
    Germany
    Bitburger Brewery (a lot)
    Release 5 days after Christmas? Riiiiiigggggghhhhhtttt.

Hell the NX will beat that release date.

And no, won´t pre-order until they give a real release date.

6. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    dude those are place holders [​IMG]

7. MichMaster

MichMaster #Pray4Hykem

Dec 23, 2009
    Canada
    In the IOSU
    Me expecting a limited edition as good as the Japanese Hyrule Warriors Legends one, yeah, noup.

8. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    That cover design is definetely worth 60 USD.

Taleweaver likes this.
  9. avinashlego
    OP

avinashlego GBAtemp Regular

Aug 30, 2015
    United States
    Up the IOSU's ass
    True dat.

10. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    Throw in a couple of amiibos to that masterpiece of a cover and it'll be well worth 120 USD.

11. RepeatingDigits

RepeatingDigits GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Considering the censorship, cut content and bad, meme riddled translations Nintendo of America has been doing recently, no, I'm definitely not preordering any Nintendo game for the time being.
    Preordering games is a terrible practice anyway because you have no idea how the final product is gonna be.

12. SuperSVGA

SuperSVGA GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2013
    United States
  13. mediabob

mediabob GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2010
    United States
    Nintendo has been cutting and censoring translations or simply just not translating since the NES days so get over it.

If Americans weren't such sensitive cry babies that petition, boycott, and sue for everything then it wouldn't happen.

14. RepeatingDigits

Apr 9, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Get over it? Really now.

15. mediabob

mediabob GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2010
    United States
    Yes. Video Game Website start pointing this out like this is a recent thing and suddenly everybody is all up in arms about it and won't but games because of it (which ironically is a common American trait identified by Japanese people that pushes them to resist change in the western markets).

The only thing remotely new in that paragraph the inclusion of memes in translations, which is only new to Western translations. Japanese games gave included pop culture references since they have had stories that are usually cut from western translations because they would not have meaning to Western audiences. So recently they have opted to attempt replacing them with something western audiences can identify with versus just cutting them. It might be cringe worthy and I don't agree with it, but it's not new.

They gave always cut or altered questionable content during translation, or just chose not to translate it at all. Some games are entirely different games in Japan.

Last edited by mediabob, Feb 3, 2016
    endoverend likes this.
  16. RepeatingDigits

Apr 9, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    The point is, the fact they did this back in the 90's isn't a get-out-of-jail-free card now. 20 years have passed already, and there is currently no good reason to change the original artist's vision if it doesn't come into conflict with the law, it's just not necessary.
    If someone feels offended by something they should simply look the other way or grow thicker skin. If they don't like the first amendment that's not our problem.

17. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
  18. Philip3ds

Philip3ds GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2015
    It says that it will come out on December 30, 2016.

19. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    when i look at it it says

This item will be released on December 31, 2015.

AND it's still ONLY a placeholder

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Feb 3, 2016
  20. mediabob

mediabob GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2010
    United States
    Me, personally, I completely agree.

Prolem is that people don't look the other way, and they boycott, start petitions, make a media shit storm about it, and crap gets pulled off store shelves, and that very much is a good reason for them to change something. Localization is not cheap, and if they localize it and something like that pops up then they gave to recall them all and destroy them, then re edit the game, then press all new ones. Sony has to do this with Little Big Planet.

Americans have developed a culture of getting outrages and offended by stupid shit, and when they do, they make sure they are the vocal majority and shit gets pulled off the shelf. Most people involved won't even be people that play games. You would have the whole confederate flag thing all over again. Or last year when "concerned parents" got all those retailers to stop Stocking breaking bad toys because they one with a piece of toy meth.

Nothing here has changed in 20 years except that the offended people have more outlets to vent their "concerns" so, why should they.

Last edited by mediabob, Feb 3, 2016