Zelda Twlight Princess Grainy?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Addicted2DS, May 6, 2010.

May 6, 2010
  1. Addicted2DS
    OP

Newcomer Addicted2DS Member

United States
    Just got a wii and this game, it feels very grainy, any fix for this? the game plays fine just looks bad.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    How old is your TV?

3. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    yep it's your tv looks perfect on my 60" plasma

4. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    If you're used to HD games...yeah, it will look blurry/grainy. Keep in mind that it was planned for the GC first, and was essentially ported over (before any release I might add) to the Wii...not that the graphical capabilities are all that different...

5. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Nah he's right it is a little grainy on a 480p display there on the Wii and a little more noticable than on the GC game which it was ported off of. It's just how the game was detailed within the limitations of the hardware.

6. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    It actually looks good on a CRT tv. but when we had this 42 plasma screen, it was kinda blurry. sucks cause i wanted to play through it again.

7. Bladexdsl

Australia
    it really looks fine to me prob cos i'm playing trough a hdmi cable [​IMG]

8. roku93

Member roku93 GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    It's not a limitation of Wii I think.. It would just look blurry. Grainy might be bad cables, connection otherwise or the TV

9. Tagg7

Member Tagg7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Twilight Princess can look grainier than other Wii games.

10. Addicted2DS
    OP

Newcomer Addicted2DS Member

United States
    It's being played on a 32' Panasonic LCD Tv. The rest of my games work fine. So is it Zelda? or a cable and if so what one do I use?

11. Bladexdsl

Australia
    are you even using a component cable and if so do you have the tv settings to 480p in wii settings?

12. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Well as I said and another has, Zelda uniquely can look more shitty in one way or another.

If you're going with a component cable or a composite(rca) cable things change, but also the display type can make hell with it too.

I started the Wii using a Wega tv and a RCA plug and Zelda was blurry a bit, not that sharp, was really spot on for a GC title. Soon I moved up to a component cable, yet still 480i on that stupid wega and in that case the game lost the blur and was more sharp, but you could start seeing little squares in the detailing the blur masked. Shortly after that I had some xmas or b'day cash I forget but I got a 26" Panasonic Viera LCD and plugged that in with the component cable and then things got insanely crisp switched into 480p mode, but also then the textures of the game and edges of the environment also got 'grainy' looking much more noticeably than the sharpness of the 480i/Wega/component combo.

The interesting thing is, the other games I had at the time (Metal Slug, Wii Sports, Excite Truck) stuff like that they all looked crazy sharp, but the texturing didn't have any 'grain' to it at all. I believe the problem is Zelda being a GC port to a somewhat changed internally and beefier GPU unit isn't 100% compatible and as such the textures took a bit of a knock. I hated the thing on Wii as it just felt off and I took forever doing easy stuff (ending the burning cart in the field, etc) stuff so I got rid of it. Shortly after sitting on it for ages I got the GC game and sold the Wii one and restarted, and on there in GC mode on the Wii the grain vanished. I'm convinced it's just another piece of proof of shit happens when you port over stuff.

13. DunkrWunkah

Member DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    I have component cables, and It looks grainy on my 32" LCD TV, probably due to it being a GCN port.