• Start date
  • Views 75,949
  • Replies 584

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You REALLY though that the WiiU version would have a flawless-noLoadingScreensBetweensAreas and be filled with a shitload of stuff without compromises ? It barrely handle normal games at 720p guys... Xenoblade X is empty as fuck compared to BOTW, like... a big desert.... so much vegetation, enemies poping ect ect, and its the same map size as XCX roughly, so, WTF ?
And the game is not THAT bad... but there is something i agree, game look "less appealing" on T, tried it on a 24" pc monitor, A LOT more gorgeous...
Some areas drop at 15-20fps when wide in the open, very ponctual at last, the draw distance for a game that big on a WiiU is INCREDIBLE guys you can see up to 150km, there is no "big fog" compromising it,
you don't see the efforts they made to make it huge on such a "not build for" console...
Even GTA V is not that good on PS3, BOTW coulnt run on a ps3 with the same caracterstics, impossible, it can't handle such drawing distance with such close distance details and for a map that big... remember the PS3, gta v trash version on a 80km²... now picture BOTW and its 350km² map.
I'm sorry Kakariko Village is not wide open area and its for now the worst frame rate area, frames drops to 10 I think xD

Daisy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not the most beautiful thing, and it certainly doesn't hold up to the Switch version (which I'm waiting for to start the story), but it still plays fairly nicely. The graphics really aren't that bad, but the framerate drops are still appalling though. Also, playing this game on the Wii U gamepad is a horrible idea. After playing on the Switch screen, it really makes you notice the horrific quality of the gamepad screen. You can't see shit on the 480p touchpad of the Wii U.

Overall, is anyone else incredibly impressed with how fast the game loads? I expected much longer load times, but it's actually really good, both on the initial launch and when you load a save game after dying.

D

Deleted User

OP
It doesn't look like shit.
Looking at what Nintendo did with Wii U hardware is amazing. >.>

DavionBlackwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
switch dock mode have drops too.. best version is switch portable mode.. what a mess

You're basing this in the first comparison video someone did? Because it's probably a huge pile of bullshit. It was hurried up, and not done well.

In terms of accurate tech reviews, always go to Digital Foundry.

Daisy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're basing this in the first comparison video someone did? Because it's probably a huge pile of bullshit. It was hurried up, and not done well.

In terms of accurate tech reviews, always go to Digital Foundry.

Docked mode does have drops though. You don't need someone to analyse a video in order to tell that a framerate is dropping.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the most beautiful thing, and it certainly doesn't hold up to the Switch version (which I'm waiting for to start the story), but it still plays fairly nicely. The graphics really aren't that bad, but the framerate drops are still appalling though. Also, playing this game on the Wii U gamepad is a horrible idea. After playing on the Switch screen, it really makes you notice the horrific quality of the gamepad screen. You can't see shit on the 480p touchpad of the Wii U.

Overall, is anyone else incredibly impressed with how fast the game loads? I expected much longer load times, but it's actually really good, both on the initial launch and when you load a save game after dying.
Kicks Lego City Undercover's ass.

Reactions: DarthDub

DavionBlackwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Nintendo España didn't offer a chance for fans to play at Switch Premiere events? They did it several times in London.

Yeah, in weird select conventions that I'm too far away from. Unless my nearest MediaMarkt get a kiosk, doubt I will be touching it.

Docked mode does have drops though. You don't need someone to analyse a video in order to tell that a framerate is dropping.

Of course, but I'm talking about them saying the portable mode doesn't have framerate drops at all. I know framerate drops exist in the dock version too. Probably to a less extent compared to the Wii U though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Mobile app is such absolute dogshit, I haven't used it in SO long
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah mobile versions better people don't think about how apps are just shrunken down websites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be the phone connection etc I've mostly been fine with the app
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Regardless fuck bezos
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Agreed. Crazy how both seeking a job at Amazon, and subsequently quitting Amazon, are both some of the best decisions I've ever made
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs 55gb patch for hogwarts legacy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sometimes I wonder where I went wrong and why I'm so dissatisfied with my life
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Then I find myself arguing with someone on reddit about how blatantly wrong their understanding of the USB Power Delivery specification is.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    At 1 AM.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where did I go wrong, again? 😕
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, What do you mean?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, always blame women
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Blame woke.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Blame society.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Woke isn't part of society they woke up from it
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    *spends years yelling "wake up sheeple"
    *acts shocked when they actually wake up
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Make up your mind.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean the government doesn't care? :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The government
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/clip/Ugkx4pNi-wvHyf8vhDN0x06Wf8J7aIgx_Hdp