Hacking Zantzue's Anti-brick Disc

zantzue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Who is this disc for? This disc is intended to be useful for those people who have bricked their Wii, don't have Bootmii (neither Preloader) installed as boot2 and/or don't have a backup of their Wii's NAND. If you have tried some autoboot discs unsuccessfully, try this one. It may do the trick.
How does it work?
Download it from http://www.megaupload.com/?d=39P21L63 (only if your Wii is bricked; I don't have a premium account), burn it with ImgBurn at a low speed (1x or 2x). Use it with the savemiifrii method and it will automatically launch the Homebrew Channel.

What you need:
1- A bricked Wii
tongue.gif
2- Homebrew Channel must be already installed on yor Wii.
3- Not killed system menu (if system menu is uninstalled, you can't do anything without BootMii as boot2)
4- Not killed system menu IOS (examples how to kill it: 4.0 -> 3.2 -> 3.4 what mostly modchip users do and old cioscorp on new Wiis)
5- Trucha bug on system menu IOS.
6- A Gamecube controller (to use the savemifrii method).
7- Waninkoko's cIOS installed (any version).
8- A modchip.
6- An empty DVD (I recommend a -RW disc)

F.A.Q.
1- My Wii version is PAL/NTSC. What is the version of the disc? This disc is (in theory) prepared for working on PAL and NTSC Wiis.
2- Does it matter what my firmware version is? It seems to work in many versions but it has very little testing (that's why I need feedback).
3- Is it safe? You're kidding, aren't you? Your Wii is already bricked! Now, seriously. It doesn't install anything. Nothing at all so there's no risk for damaging (overbrick?) your Wii.

If this disc helps you unbrick your Wii, please, let us know. I need to know what your firmware is and whether you had the trucha bug fixed/unfixed. If this disc doesn't finally help you repair your Wii you can give me feedback but don't complain. I didn't brick your Wii!

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now that everyone has either bootmii or preloader, this IS quite useless. The fact that most people now have softmods means almost noone is going to use this.

toazron1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to have a mod chip? I think I saw a disk that doesn't need a mod chip, I'll see if I can find the link.

Oh and by wii isn't bricked, but I like to be prepared
smile.gif

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
HaniKazmi said:
Now that everyone has either bootmii or preloader, this IS quite useless. The fact that most people now have softmods means almost noone is going to use this.

Not everyone has a vulnerable boot2, so this will still be useful. Unless you know of a new exploit that lets you install bootmii even on newer systems. Also, preloader/boot2 was never publicly released so I don't even know why he bothered to mention it.

gajo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did the test on console 4.1u, and cioscorp 3.3, no modchip, loaded the HBC perfect.

do the test tomorrow in blicked.
great job

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
2- Do I need to have trucha bug unfixed on my System Menu's IOS? I don't think so. This disc is still being tested but it should work even if your Wii has the trucha bug fixed.
thats a really big claim, and a breakthru if it doesn't need it, you need to test that out fully before making a claim like that.
cause so far every homebrew autoboot disc needs the trucha bug in the system ios , this would be the first fake signed disc that doesn't need it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Add to the requirements:
- not killed system menu (if system menu is uninstalled, you can't do anything without BootMii as boot2)
- not killed system menu IOS (examples how to kill it: 4.0 -> 3.2 -> 3.4 what mostly modchip users do and old cioscorp on new Wiis)
- trucha bug on system menu IOS

zantzue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
BlackAce83 said:
QUOTE said:
2- Do I need to have trucha bug unfixed on my System Menu's IOS? I don't think so. This disc is still being tested but it should work even if your Wii has the trucha bug fixed.
thats a really big claim, and a breakthru if it doesn't need it, you need to test that out fully before making a claim like that.
cause so far every homebrew autoboot disc needs the trucha bug in the system ios , this would be the first fake signed disc that doesn't need it.
You're right. First post edited.

zantzue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Add to the requirements:
- not killed system menu (if system menu is uninstalled, you can't do anything without BootMii as boot2)
- not killed system menu IOS (examples how to kill it: 4.0 -> 3.2 -> 3.4 what mostly modchip users do and old cioscorp on new Wiis)
- trucha bug on system menu IOS
New requirements added in the first post.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
carbonyle said:
Epic Fail
You, sir, a an arse.

This is of great use for many people, among which I'm included as I didn't get past the beginnings of the softmodding era. For me, all those CIOs crap are nonsense, I just won't bother memorizing even more data than I do for university to fix a fucking Wii, so, yeah, this IS helpful. Cheers to the creator.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh another method to kill the system menu IOS is to downgrade new Wiis. And running one of these IOS downgraders (the one that does not touch system menu and its IOS) on new Wiis renders HBC or at least 98% of homebrew unusable.

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind the negative comments, this is a very useful tool! Now wiis are virtually unbrickable! Those of us with LU64s thank you very much.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
looks like a Autoboot HBC disc has already been made some time ago dont know if theres any difference between the two or not but may be useful
QUOTE said:
HomeBrew Channel (HBC) AB
- This AutoBoot Disc will bootup HBC from your Wii... Providing it was previously installed!!!!
-So that you may Gain Access to your HomeBrew Apps!!!
::Download::
RapidShare: http://rapidshare.com/files/174774226/AutoBoot_HBC.rar
MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?retqkdmuqum

Source:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123708

linkinworm said:
i made something like this that DOESNT need a whole dvd
interested please explain, i'm sure your not talking about half of a DVD
rofl.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)