GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went through each tutorial in the game, beat each review duel, and then went back to start the story. Thing is, I can't even win against the folks strolling around the ghetto. Admittedly, this is my first Yu-Gi-Oh game, but I understood everything the tutorials instructed me. The opponents in the game, though, just pull out cards that stop me dead in my tracks. I feel like I'm playing smart, but damn, this seems cheap. Right now, I'm trying to beat the dude at the entrance to the place where I bought my first motorcycle. Any pointers? I really want to get into this game, as the concept and strategy already have me hooked.

Thanks

badgerkins

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i suggest a beat down deck will work for the start of the game. buy loads of packs so you can have a variety of cards to work with. keep defeating deulists like rally who are weak so you can get easy cp.

with the deck, have a couple of high attackers, about 1800 or 1900. the calculator, prime material dragon, fire monarch (?) are a must in the deck. you can try using synchro monsters if you know how to pull them off (usually one tuner and one non tuner and summon from extra deck). that's about it. i dont have the game with me so i can't really help much
tongue.gif

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
If you understand ALL of the concepts, then I don't know why you are having trouble.

However, a good (standard) way of playing is by putting high def cards in defense position until you can tribute them.

One of the most important things is to try and stop your monsters from dying, once a tributed monster gets on the field, and you don't have one to fight back, things can get tricky. That's why magic and trap cards which destroy monsters are equally important.

I really don't know EXACTLY what you are having trouble with, so hope that helped.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
badgerkins said:
i suggest a beat down deck will work for the start of the game. buy loads of packs so you can have a variety of cards to work with. keep defeating deulists like rally who are weak so you can get easy cp.

with the deck, have a couple of high attackers, about 1800 or 1900. the calculator, prime material dragon, fire monarch (?) are a must in the deck. you can try using synchro monsters if you know how to pull them off (usually one tuner and one non tuner and summon from extra deck). that's about it. i dont have the game with me so i can't really help much
tongue.gif

Beat down deack ftw
yaynds.gif
..... with good attack/spell/trap negating cards to help summon tribute monsters and mantain good attackers.... i havnt really started on this yet so i cant tell you what are some good cards....

Anyway i somehow find this more challenging than YGO WC 08; 08 was a breeze.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are some cards that are a pain in the ass at times,gravity bind,mirror force,messager of peace,etc etc so be sure to have some magic/trap removal cards like mystical space typoon,heavy storm,nobleman of extermination,seven tools of the bandit,dust tornado in your deck.....

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, here's an example:

I'm fighting the third mohawk dude, and I get him down to 25 HP without ever taking damage myself, all this while he has one face-up spell/trap (I can't remember which it was) card that prevents any monsters with 1500 or greater ATK from attacking, one where all monsters level 4 and higher must stay in defense mode, and one where no monsters can attack on the turn they're summoned. Then he proceeds to use some effect monster who constantly clears the field of all monsters, returning them to each respective deck, shuffling them and then randomly sending some to the graveyard and others back to the field. I ended up running out of cards in my deck and this fucker won 25 HP to 8000 HP because I couldn't draw a card.

Now, I know I am, admittedly, a total noob, but that shit seemed pretty damn cheap!
hate2.gif

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Isn't that Gravity Bind? It's annoying as hell. I haven't played the latest game but in Nightmare Troubadour Rebecca uses it all the time. I'd recommend having a few spell or trap cards that can disable enemy trap/spell cards. Cards like Solemn Judgement and Mystical Space Typhoon.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
Well, here's an example:

I'm fighting the third mohawk dude, and I get him down to 25 HP without ever taking damage myself, all this while he has one face-up spell/trap (I can't remember which it was) card that prevents any monsters with 1500 or greater ATK from attacking, one where all monsters level 4 and higher must stay in defense mode, and one where no monsters can attack on the turn they're summoned. Then he proceeds to use some effect monster who constantly clears the field of all monsters, returning them to each respective deck, shuffling them and then randomly sending some to the graveyard and others back to the field. I ended up running out of cards in my deck and this fucker won 25 HP to 8000 HP because I couldn't draw a card.

Now, I know I am, admittedly, a total noob, but that shit seemed pretty damn cheap!
hate2.gif

Gravity Bind - (level 4 or higher monsters can't attack)

Messager of Peace ( 1500 attack or higher monsters can't attack,controller pays 100lp per turn to keep this on the field) hate this one cause it barly cost anything to keep it on the field

I'm sure you ran into both of these annoying cards already,what part of the game at you at?

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Kingfield said:
If you understand ALL of the concepts, then I don't know why you are having trouble.

However, a good (standard) way of playing is by putting high def cards in defense position until you can tribute them.

One of the most important things is to try and stop your monsters from dying, once a tributed monster gets on the field, and you don't have one to fight back, things can get tricky. That's why magic and trap cards which destroy monsters are equally important.

I really don't know EXACTLY what you are having trouble with, so hope that helped.

are you sure you ever played 5d ?

the game is not to hard for him because he is not good but because the bots cheat as hell !!!
if needed the opponent has 3 sakuretsu armor in a row or whatever.
the bot allways draw the cards needed to make trouble -.-V

i did beat every yugioh game since the first GBA one even those sucky ones with the "other" rules, but i had never so much "bad luck" like in this game ...

EliteKill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before getting the game, I need to know. Can I input the card codes in the bottom-left corner (real life cards) and get them in the game? Like in the PC games?

badgerkins

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EliteKill said:
Before getting the game, I need to know. Can I input the card codes in the bottom-left corner (real life cards) and get them in the game? Like in the PC games?

yeah you can do that but i think you need to actually have one copy of the card in your trunk before you can input the code to get it.

shaaynn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's your deck, if you really want to get past it then use cheats and get all the cards. Build a THEME deck like Gladiator Beasts and totally own with it.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
InuYasha said:
...I'm sure you ran into both of these annoying cards already,what part of the game at you at?

This was pretty much at the beginning of the game where you need to go rescue the dude who goes to complain about those dudes selling me a motorcycle without an engine or CPU.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh that part I passed that part earlier myself (replaying the game of course) I must have restarted this game like a dozen times already.....

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, out of all the Yugioh games i have played (I have played most of em), this is probally one of the hardest early game, freaking Tuner fusions keep owning me (Nothing sucks more than when a level 1 duelist pulls 2+ 2500 Atk tuners on the first turn).

timehawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I can say is buy lots of packs and rebuild the deck. The important part about this game is to know all the cards in the game and their respective effects. After that, it should be pretty easy to build your own deck to counter anything.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, either way, I keep going back to the game. As frustrating as it is, it's a really well-put-together game (the actual card game -- not necessarily the story for this particular game). It's extremely deep in terms of possibilities.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, well, I finally got a CPU from Rally, but I can't figure out what to do next. Every time I click on the motorcycle it doesn't let me get on.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: