M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
wasup said:
Is YSMenu even comparable to the commercial flash cart loaders. Or should I hold off getting it until it is?
Well, you might find that it's not as good as, for example, M3Sakura or the CycloDS Evolution software, but it is already quite nice. It can boot homebrew with automatic DLDI patching, it has support for DS roms (which is very good, better than for example compatibility of the R4 loader) with cheats and Soft Reset, it can load GBA roms similar to GBA ExpLoader, it has a nice ini-file to configure some options (for example to disable deleting files with the X-button) and it can load emulators like Goomba, Goomba Color and PocketNES automatically when a GB- or NES-rom is launched (it detects the rom and launches it with the proper emulator).

If you're using the R4 it's great, if your using the DSTT it's also really nice but on the AK2 or SCDS1 it might be worse than the official loader for you.

P

pasc

well, is the gba booting fixed now ? Cause last time I tried it didn't properly sram patch and write a sign file to card like rudolphs gorgeus official loader does...

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eternal Myst said:
Can't find a download link
frown.gif

Does someone mind if they can give me the link, or upload it to gbatemp.
Then you aren't looking hard enough. Search the page in the link from the first post for
2008/09/13 22:22
It comes up twice, one is a link.

Do not mirror the file or direct link to files on that site, Yasu does not like it at all (as in, discontinuation if mirrored or direct linked) and ignoring that (as in, pissing them off) is definitely not a way to be grateful for their work.

thr33face

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would really like to try YSMenu on my R4 cart.

But I see that to get it to tun one has to somehow prepare it on a PC with some .exe files.

Now I only have a Mac, so can't run those things.

Would anyone be so kind and "precompile" one for me?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
thr33face said:
I would really like to try YSMenu on my R4 cart.

But I see that to get it to tun one has to somehow prepare it on a PC with some .exe files.

Now I only have a Mac, so can't run those things.

Would anyone be so kind and "precompile" one for me?
Sorry, it would be "illegal" to send a precompiled version if Yasu doesn't want to give it to you. Sorry. Maybe you can run the exe-files through wine or something? Or let some friend compile it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass