Hacking YSMenu0805200255

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The problem that still remains is the bug that doesnt let you access the cheat database. It lets you access it on the official TT Menu though.

Well I experience this bug. It wont let me use TWEWY and Speed Racer cheats

: \

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
According to the documentation, it only works with the DSTT and AK2. But I'm wondering if this isn't a sign that Yasu is working on getting it working on the R4.

@Nakura: Your saves will be stored from the GBA expansion to the microSD automatically after you turn on your NDS, but I believe that GBA ExpLoader also has a mechanism for manually storing multiple saves.

-Bri

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
According to the documentation, it only works with the DSTT and AK2. But I'm wondering if this isn't a sign that Yasu is working on getting it working on the R4.

@Nakura: Your saves will be stored from the GBA expansion to the microSD automatically after you turn on your NDS, but I believe that GBA ExpLoader also has a mechanism for manually storing multiple saves.

-Bri

Oh sweet, thanks again. I'm ordering the GBA Expansion (Full sized) tomorrow I think, so I'm just trying to get ready XD

apocalypticvisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ysmenu seems to access the cheat database just fine, maybe your database isn't that good. i only use the ysmenu and have only used it since i got my dstt. only accessed the original os once to try it out and found it too laggy....haven't played speed racer though...but twewy codes for (u) work great.

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
apocalypticvisionary said:
ysmenu seems to access the cheat database just fine, maybe your database isn't that good. i only use the ysmenu and have only used it since i got my dstt. only accessed the original os once to try it out and found it too laggy....haven't played speed racer though...but twewy codes for (u) work great.

Nah i dont think it's my database thing. I know how to install it properly

Maybe i have too many games?

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nakura said:
Oh sweet, thanks again. I'm ordering the GBA Expansion (Full sized) tomorrow I think, so I'm just trying to get ready XD

A lot of people like the EZ 3in1, but I personally prefer the eWin 2in1. The NOR memory of the EZ 3in1 seems useless to me and only increases the cost. The eWin is simpler (no NOR memory) but has more of the faster volatile memory -- enough for the largest GBA game, so no need to use slow NOR memory for large games. It's also cheaper (it's about $14 shipped from psxboy.com).

But the eWin 2in1 only comes in a "lite" version, so I think you'll need the EZ 3in1 if you don't have a DS Lite.

-Bri

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
Nakura said:

A lot of people like the EZ 3in1, but I personally prefer the eWin 2in1. The NOR memory of the EZ 3in1 seems useless to me and only increases the cost. The eWin is simpler (no NOR memory) but has more of the faster volatile memory -- enough for the largest GBA game, so no need to use slow NOR memory for large games. It's also cheaper (it's about $14 shipped from psxboy.com).

But the eWin 2in1 only comes in a "lite" version, so I think you'll need the EZ 3in1 if you don't have a DS Lite.

-Bri

Yeah I just have the original.

apocalypticvisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just ordered the ewin form psxboy tonight. we'll see how long it takes to get here.

i used the cheat database from 05/06 that came with all the different databases for each card and that one worked. i was having the same issue as you with the cheats before then. have you tried a different database? dunno what the issue would be other than the database unless when you installed the ysmenu there was a file that wasn't pulled out of the ttmenu.dat or something similar to that.

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe make sure you have the newest version. As far as I know, Rayder's cheats work with the DSTT, but there are sometimes errors with individual cheats. The database is constantly updated to correct these errors, so maybe you need an update.

-Bri

rcm1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i downloaded the latest dstt firmware and ysmenu

i did the exact same thing mentioned in the first post,but my dstt won't boot ysmenu as default at all.
It keeps showing up the error icon where it can't find the TTMENU.DAT file.
I renamed the ysmenu.nds file to TTmenu.dat

help pls

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Does it support download play now? If not, is Yasu planning to release a new one with Download Play support. Honestly, I'd be more than happy if YSMenu will have DP. If it will have/ does have DP now, I'm ditching TTMenu forever.

apocalypticvisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rcm1 said:

i did the exact same thing mentioned in the first post,but my dstt won't boot ysmenu as default at all.

help pls

I think it's case sensitive, much like the .sav's. TTMENU.dat as the name, and make sure that you did extract the files from the original and installed those in the TTMENU folder. also, TTMENU.dat must be on the root if you accidentally put it in the TTMENU folder.

rcm1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
apocalypticvisionary said:
rcm1 said:

help pls

I think it's case sensitive, much like the .sav's. TTMENU.dat as the name, and make sure that you did extract the files from the original and installed those in the TTMENU folder. also, TTMENU.dat must be on the root if you accidentally put it in the TTMENU folder.

this is how it looks like

and i can't boot it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night