YSmenu

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Maplemage, May 2, 2010.

1. Maplemage
    OP

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Sep 23, 2008
    Why would you care?
    well i seem to try and install YSmenu on my DStti, but when i download the file and extract it, i cant seem to find YSmenu.ini and some other folder is missing, can anyone help? did i download the wrong file? is there an instruction for this? ive been trying for ages to find, please send me a proper link to the PROPER download please....

2. azure0wind

azure0wind GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 24, 2009
    Indonesia
    use Jurassicplayer's mini ysmenu generator / a2h ysmenu generator.
    there's wiki in this temp to install ysmenu: here.
    download latest ysmenu from yasu homepage.

3. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
  4. azure0wind

azure0wind GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 24, 2009
    Indonesia
    LOL.
    anyway look at the wiki if you want to do it yourself, if you're lazy use this person (above)'s generator.
    or use a2h.
    Download YSMenu here. (in his website)

5. Maplemage
    OP

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Sep 23, 2008
    Why would you care?
    that program jurrasic gave me, how am i suppose to use it? instructions too please :/ i have no clue what to do
    oh and btw azure i tried that guys YSmenu, i tried extracting his and the YSmenu.ini didnt pop up and another folder.

6. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    The download comes with a ReadMe file. Can you guess what you're supposed to do with it?

7. Maplemage
    OP

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Sep 23, 2008
    Why would you care?
    oh cool i just figured it out,not finished yet, ill keep myself updated

8. Maplemage
    OP

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Sep 23, 2008
    Why would you care?
    ok i just finished the patch and it said dldi.Head not found, can i fix this? or is this part of the program.

sry for double post...

9. darksaru

darksaru Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2009
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    I've been wondering, my friend has N5 card, and some games doesn't work for him

Can YSmenu be installed on that card? because I can't seem to find any fixes or patches for that card XD

10. jurassicplayer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    Its just how it compiles it. Since there was some odd thing with the stuff in Yasu's latest download (it ends up giving a 0kb file that I had to replace).

11. Maplemage
    OP

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Sep 23, 2008
    Why would you care?
    sooo it still works right?

12. jurassicplayer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    I'm restraining myself from utter yelling, but if you have read any part of the first post of my thread, there should be a great notice that says I have no DS and about 2 people that have actually given feedback. Generally its more that it would be an easy task to just test it first before asking if it works because it should be apparent if it doesn't. And so, as I have said on my thread, theoretically if I didn't miss anything, then yes it should work. I would like to continue to think so because there has been almost no feedback (inspite of having 400+ downloads) and I encourage you to tell me if it works or not.

13. Maplemage
    OP

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Sep 23, 2008
    Why would you care?
    ok i put it on my Dstti and when i go on my TTi it freezes and comes up with 5 colourful pixels on the top screen. which means, not working [​IMG]

14. jurassicplayer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    Well first of all, if I remember correctly, the DSTT option didn't give out the dldi header error (and I totally forgot about that...it HAS been a while since I last looked at my generator o.0) so that means you were pressing the R4 option. On the other hand, I may have screwed up on the DSTT option anyways (I think I swapped something with the acekard setup). The best option for you at the moment would be to generate the "Homebrew Execute" (click the DSTT option...) and then move the ysmenu.ini to the root instead of the TTMenu directory. Then copy that over to your card. If my R4 DSCovered is working (it should be since I was poking at that the most), then it should give you the general setup. Drag & drop that into your card as well (don't do any overwrite). Then per usual, use DSCovery to put on covers, etc.

15. Maplemage
    OP

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Sep 23, 2008
    Why would you care?
    this thing is too complicated im just going to stick to the latest update of my tti since it has much more compatability with patched games.

16. Heritz

Heritz Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2010
    Canada
    Use TTYSauto.
    http://gbatemp.net/t224381-ttysauto-updated

Instructions are in the readme file.