YSMenu freezes while loading games

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Corridor, Sep 28, 2009.

Sep 28, 2009
  1. Corridor
    OP

Newcomer Corridor Newbie

Australia
    Yeah, I know the problem for R4 freezing while loading is common, but this isn't it. All games have been running perfectly for years now on the R4 firmware that came with the card. And yes, it's the official one. Not that it probably matters here.

I just removed the firmware and replaced it with YSMenu (to play Bowser's Inside Story), and the interface started up fine but it won't load games. It STARTS loading them, it even properly creates the .sav files first if it needs to, but then it gets to around 90% on the progress bar at the bottom and then just hangs. Forever. On every game.

I installed YSMenu using this guide...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=97615

...and DDTT v1.17. Then I tried it again with the unofficial v1.17a. I was CERTAIN I did it all correctly, I followed the instructions exactly because I had no idea what I was doing without them. But in both versions it's exactly the same problem. Hangs while loading games.

Whyyyyy [​IMG]

For reference, my card root contains the following (besides a buncha roms and their saves):

TTMenu folder (contents unchanged)
    YSMenu.ini
    _DS_MENU.DAT
    r4dldi.dat
    r4patch.dat
    ttdldi.dat
    ttmenu.dat
    ttpatch.dat
    ttmenu.sys

2. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Shouldn't all those files be inside the TTMenu folder. Minus the _DS_MENU.DAT

3. Corridor
    OP

Newcomer Corridor Newbie

Australia
    Should they? I just moved everything from the folder I was working in to the card.

Doesn't make any difference anyway, just tried again.

4. JudgeChief

Newcomer JudgeChief Newbie

United States
    I'm not having this problem, but I can't get Dragon Quest 9 to work after upgrading to the new ysmenu. I'm not sure if its because of it or if i'm doing the patches wrong. I'm trying to apply the fix patch and the english menu patch.

5. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Try deleting your TTMENU.SYS file.

6. Corridor
    OP

Newcomer Corridor Newbie

Australia
    YSMenu automatically creates the file when I boot it up on the DS (and I know because it tells me it's doing it). Don't know why.

7. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Yeah I know, but sometimes deleting and allowing YSMenu to recreate it can solve the freezing problem.

8. dewie68

Newcomer dewie68 Member

United States
    did you try backing up your MicroSd on your comp then delete everything off it, then put it all back on? that should most likely work.... i think.

9. Corridor
    OP

Newcomer Corridor Newbie

Australia
    I tried both those last two things, and neither made a difference. Then I got a different version of YSMenu to try that instead, same damn problem. I suppose it must be something wrong with my microsd card? That's the only thing I haven't changed... don't see how it would affect YSMenu though. And when I switch back to R4 firmware everything works fine again.

10. dsowner

Newcomer dsowner Newbie

Brunei
    OMG! The same thing is happening to me! Can someone help me too? Same problem. Like he said, loads near to completion, and it just stays there. The square are still spinning but the bar just stays there. Formatting the SD and deleting the sys file also didn't work. =(

11. denieru7

Member denieru7 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Firstly, back up everything you need and use the panasonic SD formatter to reformat your microSD.

Next, use either the new R4YSauto to generate YSmenu, or, if you want an easy to use GUI use R4YSGen.

Make sure you finish by getting the newest usrcheat.dat from cheats.gbatemp.net and the newest infolib.dat from here, placing both files in the TTmenu folder.

You SHOULD be good =]

12. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    Try re-installing it. It may be the r4patch.dat.