Hacking YSMenu freezes while loading games

Corridor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I know the problem for R4 freezing while loading is common, but this isn't it. All games have been running perfectly for years now on the R4 firmware that came with the card. And yes, it's the official one. Not that it probably matters here.

I just removed the firmware and replaced it with YSMenu (to play Bowser's Inside Story), and the interface started up fine but it won't load games. It STARTS loading them, it even properly creates the .sav files first if it needs to, but then it gets to around 90% on the progress bar at the bottom and then just hangs. Forever. On every game.

I installed YSMenu using this guide...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=97615

...and DDTT v1.17. Then I tried it again with the unofficial v1.17a. I was CERTAIN I did it all correctly, I followed the instructions exactly because I had no idea what I was doing without them. But in both versions it's exactly the same problem. Hangs while loading games.

Whyyyyy
frown.gif

For reference, my card root contains the following (besides a buncha roms and their saves):

TTMenu folder (contents unchanged)
YSMenu.ini
_DS_MENU.DAT
r4dldi.dat
r4patch.dat
ttdldi.dat
ttmenu.dat
ttpatch.dat
ttmenu.sys

Corridor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Should they? I just moved everything from the folder I was working in to the card.

Doesn't make any difference anyway, just tried again.

JudgeChief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not having this problem, but I can't get Dragon Quest 9 to work after upgrading to the new ysmenu. I'm not sure if its because of it or if i'm doing the patches wrong. I'm trying to apply the fix patch and the english menu patch.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Corridor said:
TrolleyDave said:
Try deleting your TTMENU.SYS file.
YSMenu automatically creates the file when I boot it up on the DS (and I know because it tells me it's doing it). Don't know why.

Yeah I know, but sometimes deleting and allowing YSMenu to recreate it can solve the freezing problem.

dewie68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you try backing up your MicroSd on your comp then delete everything off it, then put it all back on? that should most likely work.... i think.

Corridor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried both those last two things, and neither made a difference. Then I got a different version of YSMenu to try that instead, same damn problem. I suppose it must be something wrong with my microsd card? That's the only thing I haven't changed... don't see how it would affect YSMenu though. And when I switch back to R4 firmware everything works fine again.

dsowner

Trophies
XP
Country
OMG! The same thing is happening to me! Can someone help me too? Same problem. Like he said, loads near to completion, and it just stays there. The square are still spinning but the bar just stays there. Formatting the SD and deleting the sys file also didn't work. =(

denieru7

Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly, back up everything you need and use the panasonic SD formatter to reformat your microSD.

Next, use either the new R4YSauto to generate YSmenu, or, if you want an easy to use GUI use R4YSGen.

Make sure you finish by getting the newest usrcheat.dat from cheats.gbatemp.net and the newest infolib.dat from here, placing both files in the TTmenu folder.

You SHOULD be good =]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/h0w1HLp.mp4