YSMenu corrupted my SD card?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by drummy, Mar 25, 2009.

1. drummy
    OP

drummy Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2007
    Hey guys. So, I was trying to put YSMenu on my R4 so I could play GTA:CW. Anyways, I did the R4YSAuto thing, and put it in there. I put in the proper code for the GTA game on the URSCHEAT.dat file in TTMenu, not for the R4 (I had it so that the TTMenu replaced the Moonshell). So I go to GTA in YSMenu, and try starting it up and the "Creating SAV" popup comes on. Unfortunately, it stayed this way after a few minutes, and I turned off the DS. I tried turning it back on, and it got stuck on the "Loading..." screen that comes up before the main screen of the R4 (with the three options). I was confused, tried it again, and same thing. I took out the cart, took out the MicroSD cart, put it in my USB-MicroSD adapter, and now it doesn't even read the MicroSD card anymore! I didn't back-up any saves or games because I didn't expect this to happen. Any help? Thanks.

2. a2h

a2h GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2007
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Here are your clues.

Guess.

3. soldialga

soldialga Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2009
    United States
    Space
    format? maybe

4. drummy
    OP

drummy Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2007
    Please explain.

5. soldialga

soldialga Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2009
    United States
    Space
    1 backup all your micro sd data
    2 get panasonic sd format
    3 format
    4 copy data from backup to micro sd
    5 fire ds

6. a2h

a2h GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2007
  7. drummy
    OP

drummy Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2007
    That's the thing, I can't back-up the data on the card because my computer can't read it. It sees the USB device that I stick in the port, but not the MicroSD card.

And a2h, I couldn't find a single thing with that. Thanks anyways.

8. hacker07

hacker07 Banned

Banned
    Oct 2, 2008
    1tb harddrive
    Dude first it takes a long time to create saves with ysmenu if you have a low speed card so don't shut it off when it is doing that.

9. drummy
    OP

drummy Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2007
    Didn't know that, thanks. However, I still havea busted card here because I DID turn it off while saving. I'm wondering if there is a way to save my data.

10. gtatix

gtatix Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2009
    Canada
    I have read a few issues with ysmenu and R4. My card just got completely wiped! I mean the GAMES file. I loaded games and the ysmenu files the other day. Today, it crapped-out and I put it in my computer to find that there is not a single game in the games file. No sav files either.

Is this ysmenu shit for real or is there a virus placed in it to do this on purpose. Is the dude who created this file for real? Has he been around while?

11. Pendor

Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 11, 2008
    United States
    *facepalm*

12. iPikachu

iPikachu C3's personal flamebot and fail artist

Oct 27, 2008
    Senegal
    *FACEPALM*
    no....
    its for REAL