Ys VIII - deactivating the dynamic/adaptive resolution scaling?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by moonblood666, Aug 6, 2018.

1. moonblood666
    OP

moonblood666 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    So currently I am playing Ys VIII on my PSTV and I realized that the game has this adaptive resolution scaling going on. Basically whenever the game reaches a fps threshold it lowers its internal resolution, making everything look extremely low res. Is there a way to deactivate this through hex editing the eboot? I know of resolution hacks for games like Utawarerumono (I actually did it for Mask of Truth myself). But what about this resolution scaling in Ys VIII? Are there maybe other games that do this as well and in which case it was sucessfully deactivated with hex editing the eboot?

2. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Jul 10, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Bewdley, UK
    Are you overclocking the console? I'm currently playing through the same game at 444/222 and the resolution doesn't drop because the frame rate doesn't when running at full speed.

3. moonblood666
    OP

moonblood666 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Does this potentially harm the hardware?

4. sephurchin

sephurchin GBAtemp Fan

Sep 28, 2015
    United States
    World V
    It does not harm the hardware. Sony capped the clock speed on vita to run below it's potential. It's native speed is 444. The plug-ins only unlock it

5. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    I think game perform better as is, if you overclock it. Dynamic is called dynamic because it acts according to hardware load. So when overclocked you see drops less